Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th March 2021, 10:53   #1
Redmaestro
Avid contributor

Default TOAF help needed

I have downloaded TOAF and bought a suitable cable from ebay. After a little messing about, I have got the two working together on my laptop. I've even downloaded a pdf of some things I'd like TOAF to do but nothing seems to work. If anyone can make some suggestions, please do because it's doing my head in!

1. Reset Oil Service - followed instructions but didn't work.

2. One Touch Close Passenger Window - when enabled, the window won't one-touch close. If I close the window normally, then it only closes about an inch at a time. To completely close the window, you have to keep 'clicking' the switch. When disabled, it closes ok.

3. My key fob stopped working some time ago. I have changed the battery in the fob, took out the bcu fuse, disconnected car battery and nothing works. I've tried to use TOAF to add the key into the BCU to try and reprogram it to accept the key but I just get the message "incorrect password or VIN mismatch".

I know these are just niggley things but any help is apprecieted. For reference, the instructions I'm following can be found at....https://yadi.sk/i/Z7rozCs63LHYGt
Redmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2021, 11:00   #2
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmaestro View Post
I have downloaded TOAF and bought a suitable cable from ebay. After a little messing about, I have got the two working together on my laptop. I've even downloaded a pdf of some things I'd like TOAF to do but nothing seems to work. If anyone can make some suggestions, please do because it's doing my head in!

1. Reset Oil Service - followed instructions but didn't work.

2. One Touch Close Passenger Window - when enabled, the window won't one-touch close. If I close the window normally, then it only closes about an inch at a time. To completely close the window, you have to keep 'clicking' the switch. When disabled, it closes ok.

3. My key fob stopped working some time ago. I have changed the battery in the fob, took out the bcu fuse, disconnected car battery and nothing works. I've tried to use TOAF to add the key into the BCU to try and reprogram it to accept the key but I just get the message "incorrect password or VIN mismatch".

I know these are just niggley things but any help is apprecieted. For reference, the instructions I'm following can be found at....https://yadi.sk/i/Z7rozCs63LHYGt
Re-item 3 which version of Toaf are you using? Adding keys requires .43

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2021, 11:12   #3
Redmaestro
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Re-item 3 which version of Toaf are you using? Adding keys requires .43
I have downloaded both, installed .51 to no effect. I uninstalled, reinstalled .43 and made another backup BCU just-in-case. Both versions gave me the same result.

Thinking about it, should I delete the application folder too? I haven't tried that
Old 26th March 2021, 11:20   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

One touch close I believe requires and anti trap wire fitted to the window/door frame, to work. If not, it will only operate in pinch mode.

It has been done, (search on the forum.for details) but it requires a bcu pin to be populated.

Watch out for little.bugs when using toaf. When I first used it, itdisabled the key remote release on the boot by ticking tailgate release (my car is a saloon). I had not even opened that particular module.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2021, 11:30   #5
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
I have downloaded both, installed .51 to no effect. I uninstalled, reinstalled .43 and made another backup BCU just-in-case. Both versions gave me the same result.

Thinking about it, should I delete the application folder too? I haven't tried that
I have both versions on the same computer and have no problem switching between them. I've used .43 on about 3 or 4 occasions to add used remote boards although on one occasion it didn't seem to work until I quit & reload the Toaf programme. 100% sure though that it won't work on version .51

Regards
Old 26th March 2021, 12:30   #6
Redmaestro
Avid contributor

OK, I've uninstalled and re-installed version .43. After making a fresh backup, I tried again. I deleted the two keys saved in the BCU and added mine. This time, I got past the password and nothing else happened. The PDF instructions mention another dialog box, is that correct?
Old 26th March 2021, 12:43   #7
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
OK, I've uninstalled and re-installed version .43. After making a fresh backup, I tried again. I deleted the two keys saved in the BCU and added mine. This time, I got past the password and nothing else happened. The PDF instructions mention another dialog box, is that correct?
These are the instructions I've used, originally on .org I believe;

The used key TOAF "How To"

Open TOAF, click connect..... don't bother scanning car and click on BCU button instead.

Now click on "BCU Keys", then "Read keys” and select an unused position from the drop down menu.

Now click on Add, this opens a dialogue box prompting you to enter the six digit code from the sticker on the remote PCB.

Another dialogue box now opens prompting for a password, click ok without entering anything into this box.

The next dialogue box opens prompting you to "please synchronise your keyfob”, don't click ok, instead simply close the dialogue box.

Now click on the coding tab, and choose backup, after this has saved click on restore and open the file you have just saved, which in turn writes the saved data back to the BCU.

After the data restore has been completed, press the unlock button on the new remote board until it synchronises with the car.

If you go back to BCU keys and click on read you will find your newly stored key remote is there in the position you selected

Good luck
Old 26th March 2021, 13:06   #8
Redmaestro
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
....The next dialogue box opens prompting you to "please synchronise your keyfob”, don't click ok, instead simply close the dialogue box.....
This is the step thats missing. Ive just tried to 'miss it out' and gone to the next step to make a backup & restore. The key is in the BCU memory but wont sync up to the car regardless how many times I press the unlock button
Old 26th March 2021, 13:17   #9
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Sorry, don't know what else to advise as it's worked for me on several occasions but again only using version.43 (with Win XP)

Regards