Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th May 2021, 09:58   #1
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Default T4 robbery

Yesterday was a historic T4 day when after only six attempts it connected for the first time to my 2004 V6. I’d followed Arctic’s slimmed down T4 idea and managed to get the machine into its temporary home: a Tiger beer trolley.

But today when I used the car I found I no longer had a digital speedometer, a rear brake pad warning appeared and my retro-fitted rear blind no longer worked.

I’d previously de-activated the brake warning due to non-standard rear pads, activated the digital speedometer using Toaf. I guess the T4 put the car back to factory condition. The first two are easily fixed using Toaf, but the rear blind? I’ll have to have a good look through Toaf or if there is an easy option of adding the rear blind using the T4 I’d love to hear it.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2021, 10:56   #2
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I know a T4 will reset digital speedo, returns the settings back to standard. My 260 does not like a T4 intruding into its personal bits, first time Brian tried to connect to it he just about had to do a Basil Fawlty and hit it with a stick!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2021, 11:35   #3
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the T4 has done just that - returned the settings back to factory, live & learn, just annoyed about the rear blind as until I fire up Toaf I've no idea if I can get the blind to operate again easily. I do have the original BCU from the blind donor car which I could fit and then re-write the remotes (and never let the T4 near it again) but hoping for an easier option.

Regards
Old 13th May 2021, 11:58   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

The blind is just a coincidence, it has nothing to do with the T4.
Old 13th May 2021, 12:05   #5
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
The blind is just a coincidence, it has nothing to do with the T4.
Most interesting, thanks saves me thinking about the donor BCU. I had guessed that as it wasn't factory fitted it might have been deleted somehow.

Regards
Old 13th May 2021, 20:37   #6
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

If you reconfigure anything with T4 it will disable the digital speedo as you've found out and also any of the non standard options available on Toaf

The rear blind is not part of the coding and shouldn't have been disabled by any reconfiguration.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2021, 01:27   #7
MacRob
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

If you did all the old setting with TOAF then it should have saved a back up copy in its files. With any luck you should be able to just run the back up in TOAF are reset the lot back to before using the T4. With even more luck that could sort out the rear blind out for you.
For information for anyone new to TOAF.
Before you change anything in a section, make sure you back it up so if you make a mistake you can return it back to the previous setting.
I would also like to warn you with regards to turning on the digital speedo. Only the HI-Line systems will run it, and then not all of them without problems. It can cause the ERR to show up on the trip readout. Again if you back everything up before turning it on then you can reset it back if the ERR does show up.
Old 14th May 2021, 08:12   #8
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
If you reconfigure anything with T4 it will disable the digital speedo as you've found out and also any of the non standard options available on Toaf

The rear blind is not part of the coding and shouldn't have been disabled by any reconfiguration.

Russ
Thanks for the confirmation that the rear blind is not part of the coding, as Trikey said “just a coincidence” - odd but it happens. I’ve checked fuse 2 and will check the switch before looking at the motor as it’s not that much fun to access. I've got a guide from Devilish on my desktop to help with the wiring colours.

The rest of the non-standard options have been enabled/disabled with Toaf - including rear defroster and one click opening. Sadly there doesn’t seem to be any option for testing the function of a rear blind in Toaf, strange as I believe BMWs had them too.

Keep well
Old 14th May 2021, 08:20   #9
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRob View Post
If you did all the old setting with TOAF then it should have saved a back up copy in its files. With any luck you should be able to just run the back up in TOAF are reset the lot back to before using the T4. With even more luck that could sort out the rear blind out for you.
For information for anyone new to TOAF.
Before you change anything in a section, make sure you back it up so if you make a mistake you can return it back to the previous setting.
I would also like to warn you with regards to turning on the digital speedo. Only the HI-Line systems will run it, and then not all of them without problems. It can cause the ERR to show up on the trip readout. Again if you back everything up before turning it on then you can reset it back if the ERR does show up.
Thanks for the reply. Luckily I've been using Toaf since 2016 and find my way around quite quickly, almost like Russ using his T4 - but with my lack of knowledge of Windows it would take me longer to find the back-up file.

The ERR you refer to is usually caused by a mismatch between the LSM and IPK, don't think it has anything to do with the digital speedo. There is however another error message generated if the digital speedo is enabled - something about coding incomplete which everyone gets, perhaps that's the one you're thinking of.

Regards

Last edited by vitesse; 14th May 2021 at 09:44..
Old 14th May 2021, 11:44   #10
MacRob
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
There is however another error message generated if the digital speedo is enabled - something about coding incomplete which everyone gets, perhaps that's the one you're thinking of.

Regards
NO, it's the ERR error. Came up on mine when it was switched on. It also knocked out the lights on the dash and aircon units. When I finally got sent the back up files (as was done for me) I downloaded a copy of TOAF myself and reloaded the back up files and all returned to normal apart from the memory on the drivers seat. That hasn't worked since the digi dash was switched on. Bit like your rear blind stopping working

Last edited by MacRob; 14th May 2021 at 11:46..
MacRob is offline   Reply With Quote