And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Old 26th May 2021, 17:39   #822
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It really is odd how chickens come home to roost. Watched most of the Cummings show on TV today. Or, at least, recorded to go through later.

Obviously his version of events has to be taken with a lot of salt but the events throughout the last 18 months are littered with now-revealed rows, arguments, tantrums and hopelessly wrong decisions.

After learning about the three ringed circus that was going on it beats me how anyone at all believes or has any faith at all in what they said then or now.

There seems after all to be the horse’s mouth to take into account. Even the much vaunted herd immunity ridiculousness is exposed for the lie and falsity/ chicanery it was. There’s more to come, as the caravan moves on to the backstabbing.
Old 26th May 2021, 19:02   #823
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I was talking to a customer today who is going for his first dose of vaccine. He had already said he was not going to have it done for two reasons. First he thought with the amount of people being done he felt being young he would be OK and I suspect the main reason he has a fear of needles.

He has been monitoring the information about what is happening in India and other parts of the world and has now decided it is good decision to have it done. He was also saying he reckons those that have not been vaccinated will find there options restricted when things really start to open up.

He has told his Doctor about the needle fear and they have vaccination clinics for other people like him, who new.
Old 26th May 2021, 20:19   #824
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Both quotes are your own words from the same post by you. have some more smileys:

:du

Have some more smileys:
:r
I have really tried hard to understand some of your posts but failed.--Lots of secrecy and hidden things going on in them.---

It made me go and have a look at your-----Forum-About me.

Also shrouded in hidden mystery as if you have something to be ashamed of that you don't want the world to see.

I mean who are you, what are you, where are you ?---You are just like the Scarlet pimpernel. A discussion with you would appear as if talking to a ghost.----

Man: it's really weird.---Best you go to my --ignore list because interpretation has failed me and my brain hurts.

PS. I've just been told to cancel those mad smillies of yours before I can post my reply.----The plot thickens and gets even weirder.----

Last edited by COLVERT; 28th May 2021 at 22:39..
Old 27th May 2021, 09:41   #825
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Very well, I'll spell it out for you. Verbatim:

"Tens of thousands died needlessly thanks to No. 10".
"Shopping trolley Boris unfit to be PM and Carrie crackers".
"Criminal, serial liar Hancock should have been fired 20 times".

In sentences one and two he was referring to the period when the immunity debacle was under intense scrutiny within No. 10 and when it was finally abandoned. That particular shibboleth was abolished very early in the first months of the onset of infections, round about May 2020. It's not an if or a but, it's evidential and on the record.

He admits he did not tell the truth about Barnard castle. Well, what the heck would you do if your close relative was in danger? Quote outdated dogma at him? That's it for me, no point in talking to he who refuses to listen.

Banner headlines in press today. Even with a substantial pinch of salt there is no doubt he said those things yesterday on TV and no matter how you contrive to wring it's neck you can't misunderstand how he used those words under oath at a commons committee.
Old 27th May 2021, 09:44   #826
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
If you do the simple arithmetic required, you will see the situation in India is far better than the one in Denmark, which again is far better than the one in the UK!!
But that does not sell vaccine! so it is not done.
On May 25th India reported 196,427 new cases (the LOWEST number since April 14th) and the UK recorded 2,493. Adjusting for population size that makes India's infection rate 3.94 times higher than the UK's.

Also on May 25th India reported 3,511 fatalities against the UK's 15. After adjusting for population size, India's death rate is a staggering 11.7 times higher than the UK's.

So how do you conclude that India is doing better than the UK?

Quote:
People are just too brainwashed to do simple arithmetic.
Or too lazy! Or too unintelligent. Or....??
Take your pick!
...perhaps you're holding your calculator upside down.

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
Old 27th May 2021, 10:03   #827
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
On May 25th India reported 196,427 new cases (the LOWEST number since April 14th) and the UK recorded 2,493. Adjusting for population size that makes India's infection rate 3.94 times higher than the UK's.

Also on May 25th India reported 3,511 fatalities against the UK's 15. After adjusting for population size, India's death rate is a staggering 11.7 times higher than the UK's.

I focused on the numbers I gave you in the link. And I work on deaths. Adjusting for the size of the Indian population of approximately 1.400 million people, compared to the UK of approximately 60 million, you would expect approximately 23 times the number of dead in India.
In the UK you have over 100.000. You would expect in excess of 2.300.000 in India, yet they have slightly over 300.000.

Is this really that difficult a concept?
But show us you calculations!! And the underlying figures!
Old 27th May 2021, 10:08   #828
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post

Aren't big numbers great!

Numbers are nothing without perspective however.

To put those numbers into some sort of context. the 3,511 fatalities in India represent 0.0002570278% of the population. That would take 1,065 years to kill off the population of India.

Yes Englands 15 fatalities are not much more than 1/12th of that at 0.0000220588% of the population (12,420 years to UK 'extinction'). Aren't we so much better off, and isn't that Indian variety scary.

Best get your medicine now - effective against all known and unknown varieties!

Mmmm, wherever have I heard spiel like that before?

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Old 27th May 2021, 11:29   #829
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

This is like discussing addition with your goldfish.

I gave you the figures, not much to debate!
Dead is dead!
Infection is open to interpretation and in itself pretty meaningless.
Death is what counts, can't be faked and is pretty conclusive.
India is doing better than the UK.

Now take that, stuff it in your pipe and do whatever you like with it!.
Old 27th May 2021, 13:21   #830
solarsailor
Posted a thing or two

75 Saloon 1.8T Club SE

Quote:
I focused on the numbers I gave you in the link. And I work on deaths. Adjusting for the size of the Indian population of approximately 1.400 million people, compared to the UK of approximately 60 million, you would expect approximately 23 times the number of dead in India.
In the UK you have over 100.000. You would expect in excess of 2.300.000 in India, yet they have slightly over 300.000.

Is this really that difficult a concept?
But show us you calculations!! And the underlying figures!
There's no denying things could have been handled better in the UK from the outset, thus possibly saving lives which were needlessly lost. And if you take the pandemic period as a whole then the UK would appear to have a higher death rate than India, although that's by the by as I never was referring to overall figures in the first place, just what's happening in the here and now.

And exactly how accurate are the figures for cases and deaths in India anyway?

As I said in my original post, the UK has a "recorded" number of cases and deaths while in India it's just "reported." Scientists have been using serology surveys to get a more accurate measure of infection rates and the results are startling to say the least, with the possibility that the number of cases in India could be up to 30 times higher than reported.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/27/i...dst/index.html

Even if the under-reporting is only half of that estimation, that would still give a total infection number of 405 million and with a case fatality rate of 1.1% (based on reported figures) that equates to nearly 4.5 million dead.

But leaving all that aside, some Indian families are having to construct funeral pyres for their loved ones at makeshift crematoria, and others on river banks while watching rotting corpses float by. No doubt they'll take great comfort when you explain to them that the UK death rate is (allegedly) higher.

This vehicle was born on Wednesday June 4th 2003 @ 08:24:38
This vehicle was the 73,905th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 1,862nd 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
This vehicle was the 6,856th 75 in Wedgewood Blue to be made out of 7,515 Wedgewood Blue 75s
Closed Thread