Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th May 2021, 14:25   #831
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
There's no denying things could have been handled better in the UK from the outset, thus possibly saving lives which were needlessly lost. And if you take the pandemic period as a whole then the UK would appear to have a higher death rate than India, although that's by the by as I never was referring to overall figures in the first place, just what's happening in the here and now.

And exactly how accurate are the figures for cases and deaths in India anyway?

As I said in my original post, the UK has a "recorded" number of cases and deaths while in India it's just "reported." Scientists have been using serology surveys to get a more accurate measure of infection rates and the results are startling to say the least, with the possibility that the number of cases in India could be up to 30 times higher than reported.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/27/i...dst/index.html

Even if the under-reporting is only half of that estimation, that would still give a total infection number of 405 million and with a case fatality rate of 1.1% (based on reported figures) that equates to nearly 4.5 million dead.

But leaving all that aside, some Indian families are having to construct funeral pyres for their loved ones at makeshift crematoria, and others on river banks while watching rotting corpses float by. No doubt they'll take great comfort when you explain to them that the UK death rate is (allegedly) higher.
Makes for good entertainment. Corpses left for vultures, public "pyrotechnics" on water and land, and, as you say corpses flowing in the rivers. Kabuki theater and scary, what more can you wish for.
This Plandemic has been about "scary" and "frightening" from day one.
If the death figures are inaccurate, and they might well be, they are a damn sight more reliable than "infections" any day.
In any case, that is all we have to work with, and, again!!! it is not the Armageddon that it is made out to be!

Bet you, few have gone to the point and trying to figure out what is going on. This has come as a surprise to most, that only swallows the MSM stories raw.
And the "conspiracy" theories are becoming "conspiracy fact" slowly.
As usual.
Old 27th May 2021, 14:49   #832
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Makes for good entertainment. Corpses left for vultures, public "pyrotechnics" on water and land, and, as you say corpses flowing in the rivers. Kabuki theater and scary, what more can you wish for.
This Plandemic has been about "scary" and "frightening" from day one.
If the death figures are inaccurate, and they might well be, they are a damn sight more reliable than "infections" any day.
In any case, that is all we have to work with, and, again!!! it is not the Armageddon that it is made out to be!

Bet you, few have gone to the point and trying to figure out what is going on. This has come as a surprise to most, that only swallows the MSM stories raw.
As usual.
As usual

It's a curiosity that conspiracies can only be identified and classified as such when coming from the lower orders. Strictly private invitation-only covens could not possibly include conspirators. Of course. Oh, and agreement with someone does not constitute a conspiracy or some nefarious plot. It's become the go-to swear word that gets through every filter unchallenged.
Old 27th May 2021, 15:35   #833
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

As bad as the UK has done in the last year we are now being overtaken at a rapid rate.

Belgium has been bad from the start and there rollout of vaccine is still very poor. Italy is still in another wave and they have now overtaken us on deaths per percentage of the population as have several others recently.

We were 5th or 6th on the death rate per head of population but we are now 15th and slipping further down by the day.

A friend of mine in Germany is saying they are doing well with the vaccine in the past few weeks but they have a lot of catching up to do. He also reckons a lot of Europeans are very envious of our vaccine program.

I am off for my second jab in an hour.
Old 27th May 2021, 20:54   #834
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Interesting stats on case fatality rates for many diseases.
Covid is 2.1%.
Hardly worth a mention.
Just saying.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...fatality_rates
Old 29th May 2021, 08:44   #835
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

I see in the news this morning (BBC) that the UK is recording more Covid 19 cases per day than India.

Nothing to worry about,just carry on boozing,crowding the beaches,and filling the sports stadia and concert halls.

All the restrictions will be lifted in 22 days, so everything will be normal then

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Old 29th May 2021, 11:55   #836
mbev51
Banned

Removed

The government made a mistakes last year coming out of restrictions far too fast. They are making the mistake again this year. Why don’t we just look at the data and proceed slowly. IMO the last easing should have been delayed until we knew what was happening with this Indian variant. Populist politicians want to do popular things and that can cause problems.
Old 29th May 2021, 12:27   #837
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
The government made a mistakes last year coming out of restrictions far too fast. They are making the mistake again this year. Why don’t we just look at the data and proceed slowly. IMO the last easing should have been delayed until we knew what was happening with this Indian variant. Populist politicians want to do popular things and that can cause problems.
Sorry but the money to suspend life is not limitless, we can’t hide from death, we need to get on and appreciate the beauty of it and what little time we have in this world.
Old 30th May 2021, 00:54   #838
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
I see in the news this morning (BBC) that the UK is recording more Covid 19 cases per day than India.

Nothing to worry about,just carry on boozing,crowding the beaches,and filling the sports stadia and concert halls.

All the restrictions will be lifted in 22 days, so everything will be normal then
Who cares how many cases there are. It's on the whole very survivable. Every one has just been locked down so long they are scared of their own blooming shadows.
Old 30th May 2021, 17:01   #839
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It's all a matter of perception. Every day the number of infections are regrettable and we hope full recoveries are made. It also means uncountable millions were not infected. Obviously, it doesn't mitigate anything but it's another truth never mentioned.

On the other hand everyday medical problems are being denied direct personal consultation/treatment for long standing complaints - even to the extent (this from direct personal experience and ongoing) of flat refusal without explanation from the registered GP. Hasten to add, the private hospital next door to the NHS surgery concerned is taking consultations. The owner of it? One guess.
Old 30th May 2021, 19:37   #840
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

If you didn't tune into the BBC at every available moment and listen to the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- they are shovelling, maybe your eyes might see that all this is pointless. Indian variant my NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-, if it's more contagious why don't I have it, according to you I'm vulnerable because I'm unvaccinated, NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-, I am actually really vulnerable because my immune system is chemically suppressed by a drug called Advagraf. Still alive, and I'll keep posting on this thread whilst that is the case. My other half who is also on the vulnerable list as her immune system is also suppressed and is supposed to see a consultant every four months, hasn't seen one now for eighteen months cos of this NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- that 98% of people survive anyway. For gods sake wake up.
Closed Thread