Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th September 2013, 09:36   #1
danbax
Avid contributor

rover 75

Default internal heaters 75 cdt

As were aproaching winter now I think its time to try and sort out the internal heaters as they dont blow anything anymore

They worked when I first bought the car then stopped one day and only once in the past 3 months have they worked when one hot day i started the car to my supprise the blowers blew so to speak then the next time I started the car nothing again

someone point me in the right direction please im ****** freezing.....
well everything except my **** from the heated seats

cheers in advance

dan

Last edited by danbax; 16th September 2013 at 10:31..
danbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 15:45   #2
robmac
Loves to post

2004 rover 75 CONNOISSEUR cdti

check the water level of your expansion tank. it may be that you've lost water for what ever reason. if the level falls too much you'll have no heater.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 19:40   #3
danbax
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmac View Post
check the water level of your expansion tank. it may be that you've lost water for what ever reason. if the level falls too much you'll have no heater.
checked this tank and filled it to the brim but still nothing blowing at all no fans at all

where is the fan/blower for interneal fans so i can check?

cheers
Old 17th September 2013, 17:34   #4
danbax
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbax View Post
checked this tank and filled it to the brim but still nothing blowing at all no fans at all

where is the fan/blower for interneal fans so i can check?

cheers
not having much luck with this one guess ill just have to take it to bitz
Old 17th September 2013, 18:59   #5
bubs
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75

i think it's behind the centre console, visible from behind the glovebox
bubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2013, 20:42   #6
danbax
Avid contributor

rover 75

will have a look at that cheers for your input

Last edited by danbax; 18th September 2013 at 13:10..
Old 7th October 2013, 18:01   #7
danbax
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbax View Post
will have a look at that cheers for your input

ok so this is as far as ive got with this

Fault code 21 & 22 are solar sensor faults ?

checked fuses 11 27 34 all ok..
hmm what next?
Old 7th October 2013, 18:23   #8
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

I'd suggest your heater doesn't blow very warm because the coolant flowing through it isn't very warm. To have a good heater, the coolant needs to be at 80C minimum and an unrestricted flow through the matrix.

Diesels are notoriously cool running, but the 75/ZT diesel also suffers from a peculiar thermostat issue. It will eventually start opening too early and the engine simply doesn't warm up. You can confirm if that's your problem by driving the car with the trip screen running in Diagnostic Mode. You need to run the Coolant Temperature setting (Section 7). If that shows anything below 80C you have the answer. There is a popular fix for cool running diesels. This also gives you a proper heater.

Diagnostic Mode: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?p=479038

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 7th October 2013 at 18:26..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2013, 19:45   #9
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Just to be sure Dan, does the internal heater fan work ? You don't say which sort of heating setup you have, but you should be able to manually set the heater fan to high whichever you have. With it on high it should be shifting a good amount of air and be very audible. If that's ok but it's just not getting hot then follow T-Cut's advice to check the engine coolant is getting up to heat.

If the fan isn't shifting air then if it's making a noise I'd suspect the heater flaps jammed so the air can't get through. if no air and no noise then the problem lies with the fan motor or fan control or power supply to the fan.

Even if the engine coolant doesn't get right up to heat you should still get some warm air even without the fan as long as your moving and the controls set if manual controls or even with climate control off you should start to feel some warm air moving as the temp gauge gets to the nine 'o'clock position. As has been said the Diesel does take a good drive to warm up properly on a cold morning, anything from 3 miles to 8 miles in the middle of winter. This is why the FBH is such a popular retrofit for the later cars.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button

Last edited by Avulon; 7th October 2013 at 19:49..
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 17:38   #10
danbax
Avid contributor

rover 75

Sorry but I'm not sure of the make of heater all I could do is Give you the make of the vehicle which is rover 75 CDT 2.0ltr 2002 plate if that helps
Also the heater doesn't blow at all I have to rely upon getting the engine hot then a small amour of hot air demists the screen when the car is moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Just to be sure Dan, does the internal heater fan work ? You don't say which sort of heating setup you have, but you should be able to manually set the heater fan to high whichever you have. With it on high it should be shifting a good amount of air and be very audible. If that's ok but it's just not getting hot then follow T-Cut's advice to check the engine coolant is getting up to heat.

If the fan isn't shifting air then if it's making a noise I'd suspect the heater flaps jammed so the air can't get through. if no air and no noise then the problem lies with the fan motor or fan control or power supply to the fan.

Even if the engine coolant doesn't get right up to heat you should still get some warm air even without the fan as long as your moving and the controls set if manual controls or even with climate control off you should start to feel some warm air moving as the temp gauge gets to the nine 'o'clock position. As has been said the Diesel does take a good drive to warm up properly on a cold morning, anything from 3 miles to 8 miles in the middle of winter. This is why the FBH is such a popular retrofit for the later cars.