Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th June 2021, 14:03   #1
vilas66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, CDTi Tourer, Saloon

Default CDTi - wheel vibrations under heavy acceleration at high speed

Hello gents. I have my cdti Tourer whose wheels vibrates under heavy acceleration (mainly uphills) at 130 km/h and above. If I press the clutch vibration disappears instantly. Also, when leaving the throttle and giving again, looks like the entire transmission is swinging, just like a sudden disengagement/ engagement of torque.Wheels are right and extremely balanced. The engine mounts are ok. The car got 207000 kms on it's original DMF. I have just checked the shafts and they seems to be good as well. I I suspect a DMF almost gone but... who knows? Any thoughts before I do a guess game with my mechanic? Someone had or have the same issue? Thx
Old 6th June 2021, 21:55   #2
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Are you sure the bottom engine mount is OK ??------That's the one that can give that torque effect.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2021, 22:10   #3
It runs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

This in my experience . Soon to be shot down by an expert ! Would sound like a possible drive shaft issu. Mine has 201800 miles on the clock and I suspect I have one on the way out . I currently do about 600 miles a week and above 85 on an incline I can feel a slight wobble . I have experiences this before and each time it was an inner CV joint

Last edited by It runs; 6th June 2021 at 22:12..
It runs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2021, 22:46   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by It runs View Post
This in my experience . Soon to be shot down by an expert ! Would sound like a possible drive shaft issu. Mine has 201800 miles on the clock and I suspect I have one on the way out . I currently do about 600 miles a week and above 85 on an incline I can feel a slight wobble . I have experiences this before and each time it was an inner CV joint

I’d agree with you on that one, the bearing in the long driveshaft can wear causing this.
Old 7th June 2021, 05:30   #5
vilas66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, CDTi Tourer, Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Are you sure the bottom engine mount is OK ??------That's the one that can give that torque effect.
Yes! And, just to be sure, replaced with a new genuine one with a 'T' mark on it, but the one I removed was perfect
Old 7th June 2021, 21:47   #6
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

The other possibility not yet mentioned is the dreaded front arm rear bushes. Although these usually cause a 'clunk' when pulling away not dissimilar to failed bottom engine mount. It's worth mentioning that the bottom engine mount can look fine, until removed and examined closely, then the cracks in the rubber can be seen by using a rod through the eye at the big end and flexing the rubber.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote