Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th July 2015, 13:33   #1
deeks
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 2.0 DIESEL

Default Abs fault

I've recently had my diesel clutch changed and since putting it back together the abs flags up a fault. I changed drivers side a couple of months back and sorted speedo issue etc so I know that side is good. I have been advised on here that the nearside works my cruise control so i have changed that today but still Say's abs fault and cruise still not working. (No motorway icon in ipk) but green light on button on. Checked behind clutch pedal for switches and all OK too. Obviously looking like abs fault is still stopping cruise from working? Question is what else can it be keeping the abs fault light on? I'm at a loss at the minute. People are saying reluctor ring? Is this possible as it was fine prior to dismantling to replace clutch? Any help would be welcomed. Cheers,
deeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 13:53   #2
FrenchMike
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks View Post
I've recently had my diesel clutch changed and since putting it back together the abs flags up a fault. I changed drivers side a couple of months back and sorted speedo issue etc so I know that side is good. I have been advised on here that the nearside works my cruise control so i have changed that today but still Say's abs fault and cruise still not working. (No motorway icon in ipk) but green light on button on. Checked behind clutch pedal for switches and all OK too. Obviously looking like abs fault is still stopping cruise from working? Question is what else can it be keeping the abs fault light on? I'm at a loss at the minute. People are saying reluctor ring? Is this possible as it was fine prior to dismantling to replace clutch? Any help would be welcomed. Cheers,

Hi,
If you're handy with multimeters ,you can check each sensor in situ like this:

ABS test.jpg

Good luck

Mike
FrenchMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 22:40   #3
super s
Gets stuck in

mg

hi...
i dont know exacqly the word in english, but have you seen if the road horn works fine...

when i bought mine zt it came with the abs fault in the dashboard and horn didn t work.

the solution was the airbag tag behind the steeringwhell, it haf snapped, only check that of the horn is not working...

its only an idea...
hope it helps.
super s is offline   Reply With Quote