Notices

Old 12th March 2021, 18:14   #61
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Is it not more relevant (probably said elsewhere) that Beresford is currently paid on the basis of his meteorology knowledge and might be trying out as a possible star, and P. Morgan was employed with the full expectation of being controversial and hopefully revenue producing?

Morgan's record is hardly a secret and, given the secret involvement of one other person, has he been a victim of his own frankness? The loss of £200m million in share value sort of says it all. So free is only free if nobody else minds very much.

If you have to load the definition of Free Speech to make it acceptable to the collective masses of social media mediocrity, free is exactly what it 'aint.

Given the various characters in this pantomime I'm pretty sure who the slipper doesn't fit, and very sure who will not be going to the ball. I'm not saying the two ITV bosses who took the decision to discipline Morgan are less than courageous but.... And of course the handsome prince....oh, just a minute...

Yet another that can't comprehend the concept of 'free' speech. If it's ok for morgan to say something then it's ok for anyone else to say what they think as well, regardless of their occupation or what they're paid for. That both had the platform to reach a lot of listeners is not relevant. That the platform decided that it didn't want one of them speaking on their platform isn't anti free speech, it's a sign that they don't support the opinions being voiced. He's free to go and spout his vitriol on twatter or facepalm or whatever at least until they decide they've had enough with him. Or he could go and be brave and stand at speaker's corner and say whatever he likes to anyone who'll listen. But no, he's not so driven by the conviction of his own opinion, he'd rather have the press come running to him for another controversial snippet of one man's opinion.

Ironic that yesterday I was reading comments from detractors cheering that he'd been fired, supporters saying that he quit. Now supporters are saying that he was fired because of some sort of old girls network. Fired or quit which is it? ...

... Waiting for the first person to say he was 'forced' into quitting.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2021, 18:40   #62
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Sorry old chap, 'fraid you missed the point of mine above. So you're not a fan, who cares?

However, I will explain. Not talking about limiting critique from a jaundiced public - more inside mischief by a most highly privileged individual IN SECRET!

The general public are 'free' to make whatever comment they like because they quite obviously are not involved and are only replying - specifically NOT applying covert attempts to conceal their faux hatred! Do pay attention!

By the way you do seem to be rather dismissively rude, if I may say! An extra cushion on the chair needed?
Old 12th March 2021, 20:31   #63
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

I had a lovely day today, a nice walk with the wife, a bit of gardening, and am just enjoying a bottle of Mc Ewans champion. I think in my declining years I am going to treasure every remaining day with my wife, the love of my life, and forget about politics, the media and anything that divides opinion, its the quiet life for me.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2021, 08:59   #64
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Sorry old chap, 'fraid you missed the point of mine above. So you're not a fan, who cares?

However, I will explain. Not talking about limiting critique from a jaundiced public - more inside mischief by a most highly privileged individual IN SECRET!

The general public are 'free' to make whatever comment they like because they quite obviously are not involved and are only replying - specifically NOT applying covert attempts to conceal their faux hatred! Do pay attention!

By the way you do seem to be rather dismissively rude, if I may say! An extra cushion on the chair needed?

Quit or fired, which is it? Make up your minds.

The fool himself has said he's no intention of returning: so what you 'fighting' for anyway?

As for the last comment, I'm confident that borders on a deliberate direct attempt at rudeness yourself. Glasshouses and all that...

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2021, 12:20   #65
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

1. Quit or fired, which is it? Make up your minds.

2. The fool himself has said he's no intention of returning: so what you 'fighting' for anyway?

3., As for the last comment, I'm confident that borders on a deliberate direct attempt at rudeness yourself. Glasshouses and all that...

1. I have, demonstrably, earlier. Please keep up.

2. Morgan is nobody’s fool. He is one of the most motivated and serious commentators around. He also has a jealously guarded private life about which none of us, including you, have any knowledge of at all. More importantly, I’m not fighting anybody, least of all your good self.

3. I’m guessing you missed the exclamation marks (several of them throughout) signifying amity?

Hopefully, amicable relations restored, we can now refresh!

The saga now returns big time. In all the papers today, there is alarming evidence that brings into doubt, to put it mildly, earlier impressions of a tragic prima donna and a complicit interrogator.

Ripe for Hollywood, there must be much slapping of lips and counting of dollars pending the production of books, films and late night exposures on TV. One such revelation took my interest, there are so many it’s difficult to choose. There are confirmed reports of major USA publications with provable deceptions taking place.

Further:
There is the question of the three-days-earlier wedding in the garden and the State one in St. George’s Chapel.

In the first ‘wedding’: it is a requirement in law that there must be two independent witnesses in addition to the priest or cleric officiating. Apparently there were none. Therefore, if this be true, there was no wedding done then.

In the second ‘wedding’ it is, so far as C of E canon law goes, not possible to get married in a church if you have been divorced. St. Georges Chapel is, I think, a consecrated church.

So, we possibly have no wedding on either day. One of which cost the rest of us £32 million with the other involving the spiritual leader of the C of E taking part in a sham.

The possible result? Doubts about the legitimacy of progeny due to doubts about legitimacy of a ceremony.

All getting a bit tacky? In their own vernacular infra dig.
Old 13th March 2021, 12:51   #66
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Morgan was sacked?whatever because he said he didnt believe Meghan and Meghan is a woman and the headhoncho at ITV who did the sacking is a woman. Find that hard to believe? Had Morgan said the same about one of the things Harry had said it would have caused a very small ripple. Doesnt reflect well on the hypocrisy of our society. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:46   #67
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

So my post of the13th March about the reason for Morgan being sacked looks to be indeed an example of "abuse of power" on the part of the lady boss. The only thing that the intervening months have shown is that Megan IS a liar. I think most people knew that but were giving her the benefit of the doubt. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote