Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st July 2017, 10:20   #1
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Default Navall Vs Naffall

Well, it's been two months now since my Nav2 was returned and in that time I have heard nothing. No updates, emails, Pms or posts.
Now, before members start to pile in and tell me what a great guy Sean is and how he has 300 emails a day to deal with, please don't bother. If you have been happy with your experience I am truly happy for you (honestly, I am) but your experience is not mine. To suggest it takes over two months to receive any sort of update, response, excuses or waffle is acceptable is ridiculous. I suppose it is possible that "Patsy" the carrier pigeon has been sucked into the engine of a Royal Mail jet but sharing that sad news only takes seconds.
In the course of a week, I removed all traces of the Nav from my car, ordered and installed ; a reversing camera monitor, single din fascia from Trikey, walnut trim from Simon (who replied to my email even though he was on holiday) a Alpine single din, Connects2 ISO new front speakers.
In my case the Nav2 most certainly was not fit for purpose neither is the service.It was twitchy and unreliable and over two years the only thing that worked flawlessly was the reversing camera. I for one do not want to spend my days resetting a Nav, checking to make sure the DVR is working or rebooting it to get the radio on or putting a repeater on the front seat so I can use wi-fi. It looked good but that was about it. I swipe the screen on my phone more times in a week than that Nav had in its two years of service. Worse £500 plus I have ever spent. Even if the screen can be replaced I would never refit it. Pay £150 for a unit and if it's unreliable you can live with it. I believe the Nav2 firmware was flawed and considering it is discontinued that's the end of that story. Whatever the background or reasons I am pretty sure it won't be Sean's fault.
What was that motto again, something about "Sweet and bitter"

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 31st July 2017, 11:10   #2
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Must admit not very pleased with my Navall 2 either lost top of touch screen.
most of the icons missing, disc wont eject either.

LADY IN RED
Old 31st July 2017, 15:59   #3
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennine View Post
Well, it's been two months now since my Nav2 was returned and in that time I have heard nothing. No updates, emails, Pms or posts.
Now, before members start to pile in and tell me what a great guy Sean is and how he has 300 emails a day to deal with, please don't bother. If you have been happy with your experience I am truly happy for you (honestly, I am) but your experience is not mine. To suggest it takes over two months to receive any sort of update, response, excuses or waffle is acceptable is ridiculous. I suppose it is possible that "Patsy" the carrier pigeon has been sucked into the engine of a Royal Mail jet but sharing that sad news only takes seconds.
In the course of a week, I removed all traces of the Nav from my car, ordered and installed ; a reversing camera monitor, single din fascia from Trikey, walnut trim from Simon (who replied to my email even though he was on holiday) a Alpine single din, Connects2 ISO new front speakers.
In my case the Nav2 most certainly was not fit for purpose neither is the service.It was twitchy and unreliable and over two years the only thing that worked flawlessly was the reversing camera. I for one do not want to spend my days resetting a Nav, checking to make sure the DVR is working or rebooting it to get the radio on or putting a repeater on the front seat so I can use wi-fi. It looked good but that was about it. I swipe the screen on my phone more times in a week than that Nav had in its two years of service. Worse £500 plus I have ever spent. Even if the screen can be replaced I would never refit it. Pay £150 for a unit and if it's unreliable you can live with it. I believe the Nav2 firmware was flawed and considering it is discontinued that's the end of that story. Whatever the background or reasons I am pretty sure it won't be Sean's fault.
What was that motto again, something about "Sweet and bitter"

Nige
Hi Nigel, I understand and I have been and am still trying to get these screens and have been since June. I have paid for 5 of them , The factory has not sent them. 1 Rep says cannot get , another says we ar sending next week. I am trying to get definitive answers. We checked to see if the Screens and boards from the new will work with the old. I understand your frustration but these were release about 4 years ago and that is a lifetime in this business lately. the factories should be stocking replacement parts or have a network to get them at the very least. But they do not. They just stop and change. My hands are tied and I would do it today if I could.
Old 31st July 2017, 18:20   #4
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
In the course of a week, I removed all traces of the Nav from my car
Smart move.

I've literally never seen a navall that worked properly.

I've seen plenty that do enough to meet the user's needs, I've never seen one that does everything it's supposed to do.
Old 1st August 2017, 07:13   #5
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Still waiting for the Sat Nav system on my Eclipse to be resolved,

Rev
Old 1st August 2017, 07:50   #6
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
Smart move.

I've seen plenty that do enough to meet the user's needs, I've never seen one that does everything it's supposed to do.
Mine works 100% fine no problems.
Old 1st August 2017, 08:37   #7
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Hi Nigel, I understand and I have been and am still trying to get these screens and have been since June. I have paid for 5 of them , The factory has not sent them. 1 Rep says cannot get , another says we ar sending next week. I am trying to get definitive answers. We checked to see if the Screens and boards from the new will work with the old. I understand your frustration but these were release about 4 years ago and that is a lifetime in this business lately. the factories should be stocking replacement parts or have a network to get them at the very least. But they do not. They just stop and change. My hands are tied and I would do it today if I could.
Considering that screens are the most likely victims of failure/damage to any such device this scenario does not bode well for any any of these units, surely? The idea that major service items cannot be sourced anywhere brings into question the longevity of these head units. The four year anniversary of the Nav launch (for us) is the end of May 2018 which makes the service life of (if you can call it that) mine, three years. In fact from install to screen failure (again in my case) was two and a half years.

"the factories should be stocking replacement parts"
Yes Sean, they should and you need to keep your updates and responses to your customers needs as routinely rapid as they are once a derogatory comment is posted.

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Ennine; 1st August 2017 at 08:43.. Reason: Typo
Old 1st August 2017, 13:53   #8
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
Smart move.

Thats BULL , We have about 4000 Units out there . 75% of my business is repeat buyers. No one supports as well as we do (coolcat and I) We have just gone through a Process of replacing 9 untis that were factory defective . Gotta love these armchair critics.
Old 1st August 2017, 13:58   #9
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Thats BULL , We have about 4000 Units out there . 75% of my business is repeat buyers. No one supports as well as we do (coolcat and I) We have just gone through a Process of replacing 9 untis that were factory defective . Gotta love these armchair critics.
I entirely agree RadioGuy. I have had one Navall a 3 and its been perfect from day 1.Only empirical evidence would support the contrary view and I doubt anyone on this forum has seen, processed and serviced as many as you have. The fact you have sold so many must say something. Were all those customers dissapointed but said nothing? I think not. They are good units and do what they say on the tin. Don't give in to this unscientific criticism.
Old 1st August 2017, 13:59   #10
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Considering that screens are the most likely victims of failure/damage to any such device this scenario does not bode well for any any of these units, surely? The idea that major service items cannot be sourced anywhere brings into question the longevity of these head units. The four year anniversary of the Nav launch (for us) is the end of May 2018 which makes the service life of (if you can call it that) mine, three years. In fact from install to screen failure (again in my case) was two and a half years.

"the factories should be stocking replacement parts"
Yes Sean, they should and you need to keep your updates and responses to your customers needs as routinely rapid as they are once a derogatory comment is posted.

Nige
Nige, If I spent all day every day updating people I could never get anything done, AS it is I pout in mostly 12-14 hour days
I cannot make the screens , I am trying to pout pressure
EMAIL ME with questions, Posting here is very difficult to track. With Email i have a running history of the problems . We are always dealing with it but I cannot make the factories stock parts. And I am having trouble getting straight answers as to whether they will or can send replacement parts
I sneaked in a 2 week break (forst in 3 years)but will get back on them

Email me your enquiries , [email protected] , [email protected]
Its the most effective way for me to track the issues . The posts are all over the place, I simply have no way to track it and a large volume of enquiries
Closed Thread