Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd June 2008, 19:13   #1
Aghadown

Rover 75 Tourer CDT

Default Leakback Test

Hi,
I carried out a leakback test on all four injectors by disconnecting the electrical connections and the return hoses to the injectors, clamping the return hose by No. 1 injector and disconnecting the camshaft sensor. As this was the first time I had done this test I did not have any idea of the quantity of diesel that would be expelled if leakback was occuring. When I spun the engine the wells on top of all the injectors filled up but not under any great pressure. With the electrical connection disconnected would I be right in thinking there should be no leakback at all and the tops of the injectors should be dry? Also what rate of flow of diesel signals mild leakback or bad leakback ?

Regards,
Aghadown
Aghadown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:18   #2
Aghadown

Rover 75 Tourer CDT

Default Rover 75 Tourer 2.0CDT Con SE

Sorry,
I should have stated model in title.
Regards,
Aghadown
Aghadown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 19:04   #3
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

what you need to do is attatch pipes (all the same length) to where the leak off pipes attatch. The pipes should then go into seperate measuring vessels. Crank the engine and measure the leak back, this can also be done whilst the car runs. There should be some leak back, but your looking for excessive amounts - if 3 were the same and 1 a lot more thats the faulty one. On average look for about 10% more than the rest
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote