Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th July 2011, 18:47   #11
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

The thing about leaks is that's how government policy is formulated and presented for public consumption. The reaction is judged and if there is not too much revolution it gets nodded through. These things, BB (before Blair) used to be proposed in parliament, seconded, and if it seemed workable after a vote, it was debated and voted on. Nobody is ever nabbed for leaking info, nobody is ever sacked. It only works because
a) the public let it
b) the civil service has been emasculated by politicians using threats and bribes. They used to be largely independent and revered around the world. Shame. What would you do for a 'Sir' or 'Lord'? The whole thing has been cheapened and coarsened to our eternal embarrasement.
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 20:27   #12
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
The thing about leaks is that's how government policy is formulated and presented for public consumption. The reaction is judged and if there is not too much revolution it gets nodded through. These things, BB (before Blair) used to be proposed in parliament, seconded, and if it seemed workable after a vote, it was debated and voted on. Nobody is ever nabbed for leaking info, nobody is ever sacked. It only works because
a) the public let it
b) the civil service has been emasculated by politicians using threats and bribes. They used to be largely independent and revered around the world. Shame. What would you do for a 'Sir' or 'Lord'? The whole thing has been cheapened and coarsened to our eternal embarrasement.
so YES MINISTER was nearer the truth than we thought ???
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 08:32   #13
stevo snr
Loves to post

Rover 75Mk2 Saloon Conn SE CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
If you really want to know what's going on you need to ignore all the popular media and look deeper into the internet. There are a lot of Truth groups out there, you'll find them using Google and You Tube.

Have an open mind, but don't believe everything.
Old 20th July 2011, 11:17   #14
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
FLYER: Who will investigate the police?
I would accept the EU's auditor, perhaps it could carry out a "PROPER" investigation of the Expenses Fiddlers too. One thing is for sure, the Expenses Fiddlers have no moral authority to berate let alone investigate anyone for accepting corporate hospitality. I've lost count of the times that I have seen those shameless po-faced characters sitting in the directors box at the likes of football matches or wallowing in VIP areas at other shows and events. Call me old-fashioned but I have never been invited to sit with the directors at a footy match nor have I ever been invited to share a luxury cruise on a private yacht.

BRIBERY! That's what it is when offered to public figures and people in authority and any acceptance of it by them should be made a criminal offence.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 13:48   #15
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Only too true. It's a shame but to face the truth destroys a wonderfully funny show. It is after all satire.

Last edited by wraymond; 20th July 2011 at 13:56..
Old 20th July 2011, 13:55   #16
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I would accept the EU's auditor, perhaps it could carry out a "PROPER" investigation of the Expenses Fiddlers too. One thing is for sure, the Expenses Fiddlers have no moral authority to berate let alone investigate anyone for accepting corporate hospitality. I've lost count of the times that I have seen those shameless po-faced characters sitting in the directors box at the likes of football matches or wallowing in VIP areas at other shows and events. Call me old-fashioned but I have never been invited to sit with the directors at a footy match nor have I ever been invited to share a luxury cruise on a private yacht.

BRIBERY! That's what it is when offered to public figures and people in authority and any acceptance of it by them should be made a criminal offence.
Yes, the EU auditors are a good idea. They are so good that for nigh on 15 years now they have flatly refused to 'sign off' the EU's accounts because of the endemic fraud, malfeasance in public office, and incompetence. (Required by a law that the EU commisioners mysteriously fail to comply with!). That takes courage, and they appear to be just about the only shining light in the whole miserable shebang. They should be quietly offered a job here in the UK.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:02   #17
TonyW
Avid contributor

MG ZT+

Maybe I'm biased as I have a vested interest, but the copper you meet on the street day to day is just as concerned as the next man about all of this, and has nothing to do with the corruption and mess that is in the press.

The Police are currently undergoing budget cuts that mean that bobbies cant have more trousers and shirts when theirs are damaged, they are reducing their safety training as they are sacking instructors, its a proper mess.

How they are expected to maintain their level of service when people around them are clearing their desks and being forced to retire I'll never know. And if the Police dont have confidence in themselves and their superiors, what hope is there?
TonyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 17:17   #18
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Welcome to the forum TONY.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote