Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th September 2019, 09:54   #9
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
The condition is verified via the 7 photos and a copy of the MOT. I have the valuation agreed in writing in the event of a Cat C write off. Lets face it, £3000 isn't much. I could argue for a higher amount and maybe I will. I know to get a much higher valuation say 30K, the car would need to be assessed and a report done. I imagine the premiums for 30K would be high.

Have you thought about upgrading the immobiliser, installing a tracker and dash cameras? I gather the insurance companies give a discount for doing so.

When you have made your decision, please let us know the outcome. Another thing you can do, if I may suggest, is to check the customer reviews per insurance company on trustpilot reviews.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/pet...nsurance.co.uk

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/aplan.co.uk
Thanks for the info.

Yes, I have thought about an immobilizer, tracker and dash cam but it's too expensive for me at the moment after buying all these parts. How ironic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
With 'regular'car insurance, the declared value is irrelevant (probably unless you value lower than an actual replacement value). In the event of a write off, they will pay out market value. Market value for our cars at the minute will be a similar condition car up for sale. Dealer prices and trade prices wont enter into it.

If you want an agreed value, you will have to pay a little more for it.
There are 54 75s on AutoTrader at the moment - 42 of them are trade. Lowest private one is £450, highest is £2,750. I'll bet the £2,750 one hasn't got a complete rear end refurb (and it's done a higher mileage than mine). Highest trade one is £5,000 - 40,000 miles on the clock (still higher than mine) and I bet it hasn't got a rear end refurb either.

The cost of the premium on an agreed value basis is the deciding factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post
Whatever you say it's worth won't matter with a normal policy.
Agreed value insurance is too restrictive for my liking. I want to drive my car not look at it.

You just have to hope you never have to claim.
This is the main reason cars get written off, it's a big risk. Even fitting 4 new tires could be more than its worth in a write off situation.
By write off, do you mean if they value it at (say) £200, and it needs £250 in parts after a prang? In other words, the slightest damage will write it off - e.g. a cracked bumper. In this case, I'd just have to take the £200 (less excess) and pay for the rest myself. Or, not bother claiming in the first place.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote