Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th April 2018, 02:23   #1
deanem75

Rover 75

Default G'day from Australia

Hi all, Have registered with this Forum, aided extremely helpfully by Pete

I've long been an admirer of the Rover 75 - but at the time they were "new", a young family & income couldn't afford one.....about 3 years ago, I saw a brilliant looking Connoisseur SE Petrol KV6 Auto advertised by a Melbourne Dealer that specializes in British Autos for sale. Sight unseen I phoned him & closed the deal that morning!! It had to be trucked across from Melbourne to Adelaide...so a few days wait. I can't express what I felt when it came off the truck.....absolutely beautiful, 26,000 kilometre "virtually showroom new" was in front of me & my "dream" had been fulfilled

Even now, it has only done 30,000 KMS & is still a beautiful vehicle - the best of the best of circa 25 cars I've ever owned.

I look forward to interacting with like-minded enthusiasts who find the Rover marque a "magical experience".

On a slightly less favourable note, I've been diganosed in the last week with inoperable Prostate Cancer......and have a long road ahead of me to beat this "vigorous beast" that has "escaped" the gland & extended its tenticles into other areas. While I'm "on this road", my mind will be driving my Rover 75!!

Cheers from Australia, Deane
deanem75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 04:53   #2
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning Deane, welcome to the club. It’s not just a club, we are like a family here, getting through the good and the bad times together. Yes, the Rover 75 is a beautiful car and there is a great deal of enthusiasm and advice on tap.

Ask away.....do a search in the archives or post up a question and someone will be along to help. I know there are members in Aussie land. Hopefully they will see your introduction and say hello. If you get the time, do post up some photos of your pride and joy

I am sorry to read about your news. If it’s any consolation, 3 years ago my younger brother was diagnosed with late stage Ca Prostate and went for a second opinion. Part of the cancer was removed with the “Da Vinci Robot” and what could not be removed, was destroyed by 35 radiations. We decided to put the chemotherapy to one side, in case it comes back. That was 3 ago and he is still clear. Positive thoughts to you in the days, months and years ahead. Enjoy the 75
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 05:04   #3
deanem75

Rover 75

Thanks Gate Keeper, for the "warm welcome" & encouraging news of your brother's own battle with Prostate Ca........ I presume that photos have to be on an external server with an url link to them? Have a few Cheers & many thanks again, Deane
Old 6th April 2018, 05:29   #4
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanem75 View Post
Thanks Gate Keeper, for the "warm welcome" & encouraging news of your brother's own battle with Prostate Ca........ I presume that photos have to be on an external server with an url link to them? Have a few Cheers & many thanks again, Deane
Great stuff Deane and thank you,

Some of us use Flickr. It’s a hosting site and it’s easy to use for old codgers like myself. My hobby is wildlife photography and I use Flickr to post up those photos.

Once your photos are uploaded to “photo streaming”, you create an album called Rover 75. From there click share and “embed” and then copy, then “paste” to your forum post...the photo is then displayed. It’s that easy. There is a section about privacy.

Here is a link which explains how to sign up for Flickr https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.wikih...ccount%3famp=1
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 07:10   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Welcome to the fountain of knowledge. Do not be afraid to ask, what you might think as a stupid question, as a reply from one of our many experts will be winging it's way to you.
Sorry to hear about your other news but chin up, remember you are surrounded by family, friends, medical experts and now us to help you through.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 07:23   #6
deanem75

Rover 75

Thanks FLYING BANANA.......very much appreciated. Thanks also to Gate Keeper....checking out Flickr
Old 6th April 2018, 09:16   #7
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Welcome to the club, good luck with your battle, plenty of mates here to chat with about anything and everything.

I must warn you though, the chill out zone in the social forum can be a strange place 👍
Old 6th April 2018, 09:42   #8
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Deane, and welcome to the club of clubs. Hope you get any encouragement for your car from here when doing anything that involves advice. There is plenty of it here. Sorry to hear about your health problem, but at least it has been discovered, and is treatable. Good luck in your treatment that is coming up.
Old 6th April 2018, 09:53   #9
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Hi Deane, I’m in Perth, West Australia and have a few of these cars and they are great cars for the money.
Hope your medical issue all get resolved
Being as your “next door” ( 1500 km) if there’s anything I can help with info wise let me know.
Great to get a low km 75, rare to find one that low.
Btw, you have a great breakers yard in Adelaide called Triumph Rover spares.
These guys have lots of 75s and Mgzt they break for parts
Think there in Lonsdale .
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 10:34   #10
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Hi Deane, I’m in Perth, West Australia and have a few of these cars and they are great cars for the money.
Hope your medical issue all get resolved
Being as your “next door” ( 1500 km) if there’s anything I can help with info wise let me know.
Great to get a low km 75, rare to find one that low.
Btw, you have a great breakers yard in Adelaide called Triumph Rover spares.
These guys have lots of 75s and Mgzt they break for parts
Think there in Lonsdale .
Peter, can you point this new member in the right direction please https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...77#post2615877
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote