Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th October 2022, 16:49   #167021
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Hmm . . . . minor pain in the butt! New washing machine is being delivered at some point on Friday, supposedly getting a text tomorrow to state a 2 hour window. I had planned to get the old machine out of the way tomorrow afternoon but discovered a snag, I can't turn the cold water to the machine off (hot not connected). I'm not sure if the lever on the wee tap turns both directions, try to turn it one way it fouls on the lugs on the screw on hose connector, it doesn't want to turn the other way, may just be because it hasn't moved for years but I don't want to force it. Easiest solution looks like turning the mains off but that kinda torpedoes the idea of getting the old machine out of the way tomorrow, need to leave it til just before the delivery window . . . . why is nothing straightforward!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2022, 17:06   #167022
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Still got heavy showers rolling through here with lots of standing water everywhere.
Cracking pictures Jeff

Sausage & mash mushy peas for tea tonight, Time for a bottle of Henry's & drive some trains.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2022, 18:23   #167023
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Hmm . . . . minor pain in the butt! New washing machine is being delivered at some point on Friday, supposedly getting a text tomorrow to state a 2 hour window. I had planned to get the old machine out of the way tomorrow afternoon but discovered a snag, I can't turn the cold water to the machine off (hot not connected). I'm not sure if the lever on the wee tap turns both directions, try to turn it one way it fouls on the lugs on the screw on hose connector, it doesn't want to turn the other way, may just be because it hasn't moved for years but I don't want to force it. Easiest solution looks like turning the mains off but that kinda torpedoes the idea of getting the old machine out of the way tomorrow, need to leave it til just before the delivery window . . . . why is nothing straightforward!
Hi Steve

We had the same issue with ours, so I sprayed the valves with WD40 overnight and paid “extra” £50 to the guys delivering the new washing machine to do the installation and disposal of the old machine, no problem.

Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2022, 06:02   #167024
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Good morning all from a wet and raining Bristol. Thank goodness I am beginning to sleep at night instead of being awake all night, although I am still not able to sleep on my side because of the internal stitches pulling and stretching. It’s more painful to turn on my side.

Yesterday I managed to walk up and down 2 flights of stairs twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon. Today I will increase this to 3 flights. Otherwise I am doing well. Thank you for your support.

What’s everyone up to?
Old 27th October 2022, 07:16   #167025
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Morning all from a damp and dreary Midlands.

Quizzie has decided it's tummy rub morning and it just lying there, legs akimbo with that imploring look on her face - come on dad, give me some love, you know you want to .

I am, of course, unable to resist. .

Steve - I'm guessing the washing machine tap is one of those little blue/red 1/4 turn ones? The one's I have only turn one way. Because no one ever keeps them exercised they seize up. Phil's right, try to get some spray lube onto it and give all the other's you've got a bit of a workout .

Phil - great news about your sleeping and that you're managing stairs. Keep going my friend.

This has taken so long to type due the dog loving duties that she's now content and gone back to sleep......

Take care everyone.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 27th October 2022 at 07:23..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2022, 07:16   #167026
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone.

Yesterday the weather was so warm that I had my patio doors open, and today it’s raining.

But my Xmas present to myself arrived yesterday, I’ve bought myself an air fryer made by Tower.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2022, 07:46   #167027
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Morning, wet overnight, yet again.

Phil, Andy, I'll give some WD40 a go, might not be easy as the tap is located behind a maze of drains from the two sinks, I can just get my hand through to reach the tap.

T4 Location Map
Old 27th October 2022, 07:51   #167028
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, It's a miserable grey rainy day again.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2022, 11:19   #167029
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

How can disconnecting the water from a washing machine be so bleedin' difficult! Tried the tap on the unconnected hot water, only moves in one direction, try moving the cold water tap in said direction it hits a lug on the screw on plastic connector on the flexible hose. Thought about backing the connector off a few degrees so that the tap clears the lug its hitting, won't move and can't get mole grips on it as the lever on the tap sits in front of it

Caffeine, fag and a rethink required . . . . again

Success, well partial success and more confusion. I got the cold tap to turn a bit . . . . in the opposite direction to the hot tap

More penetrating oil.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 27th October 2022 at 11:47..
Old 27th October 2022, 12:22   #167030
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
How can disconnecting the water from a washing machine be so bleedin' difficult! Tried the tap on the unconnected hot water, only moves in one direction, try moving the cold water tap in said direction it hits a lug on the screw on plastic connector on the flexible hose. Thought about backing the connector off a few degrees so that the tap clears the lug its hitting, won't move and can't get mole grips on it as the lever on the tap sits in front of it

Caffeine, fag and a rethink required . . . . again

Success, well partial success and more confusion. I got the cold tap to turn a bit . . . . in the opposite direction to the hot tap

More penetrating oil.
Personally I have found Stocktake Dave to be a gold mine of information with anything to do with boilers and plumbing. It’s a shame he is not on your doorstep to lend a hand or advise