Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Was it you?
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th August 2008, 22:38   #1
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts
Default Which Mike were you at Lates on 24.8.08?

Hi Mike,

Nice to meet you at Lates today. I trust that Lates got you sorted as well as he did me

Certainly worth the trip

Maybe I'll see you at the next National Meet? (unless before)

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Old 24th August 2008, 23:57   #2
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

What car was it Dragrad as we could narrow it down
Old 25th August 2008, 00:09   #3
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyman View Post
What car was it Dragrad as we could narrow it down
Stupid of me, but I did not take note of the full No Plate or colour!! Seen so many today it was unbelievable, must be an "affluent" area

Besides I was more concerned with my own problems and admiring Lates' ZT (even if he prefers his ZS!!).

All I know is that it was a Connie CDTi Saloon on an 04 plate. Had our club sticker (small version) up on the off-side rear screen. Oh yeah, he was from Bristol, and had driven up that morning. (Only 2 hrs for him, compared to 5 hours for me )

Colour? It may have been a light blue (or was that the car that was there just after mine???) Lates is a busy man, when he's not working

No idea, sorry. I was just so looking forward to having Lates & Co sort out my long-standing problems. Which they did with amazing insight and capability. (Do I get "commission" for this? )

Andrew
Ich Dien

Old 25th August 2008, 22:13   #4
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Have established tonight it was Member Mike123.
Old 25th August 2008, 22:35   #5
Mike123
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon Con Se CDTi + 75 Tourer Con Se CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Hi Mike,

Nice to meet you at Lates today. I trust that Lates got you sorted as well as he did me

Certainly worth the trip

Maybe I'll see you at the next National Meet? (unless before)
Hi Andrew,

It was also nice to meet you on Sunday, I only wish family commitments had not prevented me from staying for a bit longer.

Glad that Lates has managed to sort out your car for you, I assume you had a much better 5 hour journey home with a car thar works as it should.

Fortunately I was only visiting Lates for a routine service :lol: so no dramas thank goodness.

I read you other post concerning your tunning box and would be very interested to know how soon after originaly fitting the tunning box did your car start having the problems you have just managed to get sorted.

Mike
Old 25th August 2008, 23:03   #6
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike123 View Post

I read you other post concerning your tunning box and would be very interested to know how soon after originally fitting the tunning box did your car start having the problems you have just managed to get sorted.

Mike
Hi Mike (123 - should be easy to remember) A pleasure meeting you too.

As soon as I fitted the box the "check engine" warning came up. So I immediately removed it. Maybe the locals were correct that a cascading fault had developed (you know the thread). So it seems that my black box is fried. Or was fried by the locals. I told them it was there, but they patently had no idea that it should be removed before connecting the T4!!

Oh Just re-read your last para... the black box box was fitted about a week after I had the Car (Year last August) and worked well for 10 months. Very well indeed

So anyway, looks as if I'm going for RoverRon's, once I save up some dosh Need to get servicing filters, oil etc as she's due a full service.

Hope you had a good trip back to Bristol. Traffic back to Wales was staedy but seemed as if all the "Sunday" drivers were out and about as soon as I hit the home country. 40mph most of the way

And YES!! it was a pleasure to drive home from Lates, no warning messages, no error messages, and confidence in the car restored

Just a few niggly little things to do. Checked ALL plenums today (lower plenums dry as a bone) The EGR tube needs replacing, car had suddenly developed a "screeching" noise under power, looked under the bonnet and there was a split in the tube, (sorry guys - not technically minded). So gaffer tape stopping the screeching until I get a new tube.

The one thing that I was glad of, was that when I left Lates, it was with a clear mind that there was no faults coming up on the computer.

I can now sleep at night

Andrew
Ich Dien

Old 29th August 2008, 11:02   #7
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post

Besides I was more concerned with my own problems and admiring Lates' ZT (even if he prefers his ZS!!).
Good to catch up with you andrew and touch wood all your issues are now in the past. The ZTT is rather nice not been with us long but I feel it may be time to move it on.
Old 29th August 2008, 22:51   #8
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lates View Post
Good to catch up with you andrew and touch wood all your issues are now in the past. The ZTT is rather nice not been with us long but I feel it may be time to move it on.
Hi Lates,

So far so good

When I got home the pipe leading to the EGR unit cracked, creating a a high pitched squeal when the power was applied Gaffer tape and self-amalgamating tape working for the moment. New one on order.....

Thank you for the work you did, was really nice to see you guys in action
The speed and competence was amazing, compared to my earlier experiences.

Thanks

Andrew
Ich Dien

Closed Thread