Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th November 2020, 17:15   #11
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Cheers Mick - will be interesting to hear if his is still leak free after 6 months.
My customer dropped me a message regarding his clutch that reads as follows
“Hi Mickey,hope your well and keeping yourself and the guys up the garage safe, yeah the clutch feels ok but a bit firmer than before, I think the biting point is ok, I haven’t driven it lots of miles due to lockdown, but it seems your magical hands have kept it going, by the way you didn’t do it in may as you said in your message, I remember you doing it in June before your daughter birthday, when it does eventually need doing I’ll let you know, with thanks Harry.”

So just to clarify Mike it seems it was five months ago, my mistake, however it sounds promising I guess.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2020, 17:37   #12
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Sure does Mick - an extra 5 months and counting is good going. If it helps get through the winter then well worth it just to change the clutch in the warm summer sun for those of us who have to work outside.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2020, 22:22   #13
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

A quick update and not good news, started leaking again.

Not a big leak - around 6ml in 5 weeks, so if it stays at that rate I'll live with it till the wamer weather arrives, and then get the spanners out.
Old 12th December 2020, 09:06   #14
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
A quick update and not good news, started leaking again.

Not a big leak - around 6ml in 5 weeks, so if it stays at that rate I'll live with it till the wamer weather arrives, and then get the spanners out.
Maybe that’s why my customer said something about the biting point and it feels firmer, I bet their slave has a very slow leak, does sound small tho mate 6ml, have you used it much ?
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2020, 10:32   #15
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Hasn't been used much lately Mick - probably covered around 500 miles since I last topped it up. If I leave it with the pedal depressed overnight it is still firm in the morning so maybe just leaking when the seal isn't under pressure, which is why I thought the seal conditioner might have swollen the rubber up a bit and cured it.

Now where did I put that drawing board?
Old 29th March 2021, 21:12   #16
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Well time to conclude this thread. The level kept dropping although the rate of loss did tail off a bit. Then the pedal started to stay on the floor so I changed the slave cylinder, clutch friction disc and pressure plate.

I didn't replace the master cylinder, although this was the actual cause of the pedal not returning as the one way valve was partially blocked. Stripping it and cleaning it out was enough to restore it.

For the log, it started leaking in June 2020 at around 406625 miles, and was replaced at 411216, so it covered around 4500 miles, and could have gone on had I cleaned out the master cylinder.

The friction disc had done 111892 miles and had worn by 2mm.

New clutch is nice and light - makes it worthwhile doing.