Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th April 2010, 14:23   #1
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Default help needed to fit hans temp gauge ..

can any body please put in simple terms how i wire up the hans temp gauge. i have looked up other memebers ways and to be honest i dont understand it ,t-cuts one i need a pilots licence to understand .i gather all it is is a live and an earth plus the ibus wire .waqs thinking of the live and earth from the radio,or cig lighter but it is the i-bus that im weiry of ,i dont want to connect to something that will do any damage ,please help.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:57   #2
Hodgy
Love to chat

Jaguar XJ

PM BigRuss he seems to be up on the electric side of things

Alan

My Newbie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 20:05   #3
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Hi Chris,

If you can't follow T-cuts how to maybe you should pass on the job, print out the instructions and pop on to see your local auto sparks and see if they can help you or give messenger a shout.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 21:11   #4
The Jugs
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon club SE manual 2.0 V6

Hi Chris, it is really simple,use an in line fuse to the radio live, earth to the radio earth and k-bus to w/r yellow wire from radio loom. Just scotch locked mine job done. If I remember right the wire positions are marked on the gauge connectors.

Last edited by The Jugs; 27th April 2010 at 21:16..
The Jugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 09:44   #5
chrissyboy
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jugs View Post
Hi Chris, it is really simple,use an in line fuse to the radio live, earth to the radio earth and k-bus to w/r yellow wire from radio loom. Just scotch locked mine job done. If I remember right the wire positions are marked on the gauge connectors.
k-bus ? i thought it went on to the i-bus. yes the marks or on the board as to what wire is what . i have mounted it on a board and fitted it in to the panel on the right of the symphony radio. i was going to fit it with fused connector to either the live of the fag lighter or the live feed to the radio .its my guys dont do the electrics and as im getting mixed advise of the k-bus and the i-bus i dont want to connect to the wrong one and fry my ecu which is i think what will happen if i connect to the k-bus .
Old 28th April 2010, 09:50   #6
chrissyboy
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyman View Post
Hi Chris,

If you can't follow T-cuts how to maybe you should pass on the job, print out the instructions and pop on to see your local auto sparks and see if they can help you or give messenger a shout.
hi andy , in t-cuts one ,which is very good he has done something more to it so that is throwing me a bit . all i need to know really is what colour wire do i connect to on the i-bus.. i know it is just a live and a earth which i can pick up from either the radio or the fag lighter,but its the i-bus one that is the problem .my hans gauge never had any instructions with it ..
i cant see the plug thingy that is in t-cuts pics if i could then i wiould be able to just follow the pics ..i know deep down i could do it but i had 2 cars set alight that someone had added things to so im abit wiery of doing it and killing my car plus my electrical knowlege is very limited,i cant tell the k-bus from the i-bus ,in truth i cant tell a no# 12 bus from a no# 6 one

Last edited by chrissyboy; 28th April 2010 at 09:53..
chrissyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 10:07   #7
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Don't get confused between K Bus and I Bus some people use both these terms for the same wire. The wire you want is located behind the radio as pictured in T Cuts how to. Once you locate it you can either join into it with a connector block or just cut it off and join it into the gauge. If you are fearful of cutting into live wires run a new live direct from the fuse box using a piggy back fuse holder, do a search on ebay readily available and run the earth direct from the earthing point located at the base of the passenger door pillar beneath the carpet.

Hope that helps and not caused more confusion.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 10:20   #8
slimsi
Loves to post

2005 Ignition Blue ZT 190 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
hi andy , in t-cuts one ,which is very good he has done something more to it so that is throwing me a bit . all i need to know really is what colour wire do i connect to on the i-bus.. i know it is just a live and a earth which i can pick up from either the radio or the fag lighter,but its the i-bus one that is the problem .my hans gauge never had any instructions with it ..
i cant see the plug thingy that is in t-cuts pics if i could then i wiould be able to just follow the pics ..i know deep down i could do it but i had 2 cars set alight that someone had added things to so im abit wiery of doing it and killing my car plus my electrical knowlege is very limited,i cant tell the k-bus from the i-bus ,in truth i cant tell a no# 12 bus from a no# 6 one
Yes I remember T-cuts one with the fan LED's though ignore that and on your symphony if its like mine there was a red & white i-bus running into the harness I just hooked into for the temp gauge.

I also used the symphony wiring diagram here to work out which live & earth to use.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...74&postcount=6

Thanks

Simon
Old 28th April 2010, 16:28   #9
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Unless you want the gauge to be permanently on, you should take the live supply from an ignition key switched one. The HowTo describes it simply enough. The K-bus and the I-bus are synonymous in these cars.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 19:13   #10
chrissyboy
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Unless you want the gauge to be permanently on, you should take the live supply from an ignition key switched one. The HowTo describes it simply enough. The K-bus and the I-bus are synonymous in these cars.

TC
if i take the live from the radio then it will only only be on when igniton is on wouldnt it ? thanks big russ for the pm makes it easy knowing the colour im looking for .. thanks to to slimsi,and to all that have helped with advise ..wanted to do it today but been hard at it to day ..