Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd August 2013, 17:46   #11
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

If you need an extra pair of hands with any work just give me a shout mate. I'm just round the corner from you
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Old 3rd August 2013, 18:58   #12
ksilver
Loves to post

ZT-T 385

I am only aware of one car that had a procharger and I think it blew up!!

Not sure if there's enough space in front of the engine to fit one.
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:18   #13
190SETOURING
Posted a thing or two

MG ZTT 180se,MG ZT 260se Monogram

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilver View Post
I am only aware of one car that had a procharger and I think it blew up!!

Not sure if there's enough space in front of the engine to fit one.
I was just talking to an american guy and he says there is loads of superchargers in the states for mustangs and at silly money! I just cant see how you can justify £9000 its a UK rip off. I bet the UK fitted one does not guarantee that it wont blow up.
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:20   #14
GT Courier
I really should get out more.......

Billy No Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190SETOURING View Post
I was just talking to an american guy and he says there is loads of superchargers in the states for mustangs and at silly money! I just cant see how you can justify £9000 its a UK rip off. I bet the UK fitted one does not guarantee that it wont blow up.
You're still in phase 1 of 'I want a supercharger'
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:42   #15
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190SETOURING View Post
Would have to agree!

The Kenne Bell kit is $3,899 in the States, so even allowing for shipping and Import duty, as fitting is about a mornings work, I fail to see how how people can justify over £5,000 fitted!

If you speak to some of the guys on the 260's, some have fitted them themselves (not difficult if you're handy with spanners) as long as you have it set up on a rolling road, you'll be fine!
Old 3rd August 2013, 21:17   #16
ksilver
Loves to post

ZT-T 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post

some have fitted them themselves (not difficult if you're handy with spanners) as long as you have it set up on a rolling road, you'll be fine!
I think experience is that you won't be fine

To do a personal import does not save you that much money and the set up has not proven to be that simple for those that have done a self install. They have had some (very expensive) problems.
Old 3rd August 2013, 21:29   #17
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
I think experience is that you won't be fine

To do a personal import does not save you that much money and the set up has not proven to be that simple for those that have done a self install. They have had some (very expensive) problems.
OK then, as I've worked with American V8's in the past and found them fairly bullet proof, what exactly does the extra £4,000 buy you exactly?

Especially as you can currently buy complete engines for these cars for around £2,500!
Old 3rd August 2013, 21:55   #18
ksilver
Loves to post

ZT-T 385

To start with you can't get the kit into the country as cheap as suggested, the savings on doing it yourself are not much and there is only one proven mapping solution for the Kenne Bell but it is licensed and you can't get it on a self install.

190SETOURING you should get yourself onto two-sixties, this has been discussed at great length over there and you will get answers to all your questions.
Old 4th August 2013, 07:28   #19
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
To start with you can't get the kit into the country as cheap as suggested, the savings on doing it yourself are not much
So are you saying that if I wanted to buy a kit that costs $3,899 in the States, that I couldn't have it on my doorstep for £4,000 delivered and Tax paid?
Old 4th August 2013, 07:34   #20
micksnr
Regular poster

mg zt 500

Default supercharging

Well I did mine 4 years ago and I had no problem getting it mapped, it's done a fair few WOT runs and it's ready for a few more.
There is choice out there, prochargers work but I don't think you'd like the end result.
My KB supercharger kit cost 4.4k delivered and as for mapping costs I bought my own SCT programmer so I've got selectable maps.