Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th January 2015, 22:50   #2601
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Brian.
fantastic work from you I note from the photo'd his car also as the dreaded air intake mod also is that a fuel cooler I see at the front wheel arch have not seen that before ? is he going to ask for a full refund from the garage after pointing then in the direction of your post showing how it should have been solved cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 23:16   #2602
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Steve that is the auto box oil cooler with built in fan.
Later models had a much more efficient fanless cooler situated behind main coolant rad.

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 11:05   #2603
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

Got my abs light to come on and to go out when it should
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 16:21   #2604
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Today i've fitted a walnut gear selector I got from Fraser (Thanks)

I've also fitted some new C Pillar trim i got from Holland314 (Thanks)

And finally got a large plate for the rear of the car
Old 26th January 2015, 16:43   #2605
saxo1980
Gets stuck in

BMW 118i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
A new member to the forum Graham Saxo, contacted me with a tale of woe, no brake lights, and having spent a fortune at a "garage" to repair this fault, well let's just say I was speechless at the standard of absolute bodgery

This was on top of a raft of other maladies, that nearly gave T4 a nervous breakdown

First the brake light switch had been removed, and replaced with this rather sharp and raggy edged item, affixed with a couple of 1 1/2 roofing bolts

Wired with a couple of crimps (badly) to a switched live, and fed to the rear brake lamp wiring in the boot, with a delightful cross over wire fed to the passenger side......

So the column was removed to allow the pedal box to be unshipped from it's mountings, and a replacement switch fitted along with reinstatement of the original wiring.

Once reassembled, it would appear that the malfunctioning speedo/rev counter/HRW/ABS has been resolved.

Happy days I thought, not so after a short test drive, charge warning, ABS actuation, cruise and traction warning lamps, speedo off, rev counter off.

As this had taken most of Saturday to get to this stage, and failing light, not to mention the fact I was attending my mother's 75th birthday I left it until this morning to investigate further.

So what did I discover.... I'll let the pictures do the talking

No fewer than sixteen individual wires had been compromised in one way or another, either completely broken, or insulation chaffed and corroded conductors.

The cure for this after carefully separating the loom, and washing the area completely, was to cut each damaged cable back, and let in a new section of the correct gauge and colour coded wire to replace what was bad, then use adhesive lined heatshrink sleeving to seal the repairs.

No mean feat, when some of the copper had turned black, even six inches from the original defect

This was remedied using a scotchbrite pad to remove the blackness, then a special flux applied prior to soldering.

After all had been made good, and tested, the wiring was carefully rewrapped in black tape, and all fastenings and fixings arranged to prevent a repeat failure

After reassembling the car, a 25 mile test drive revealed no more maladies, and T4 gave a reassuring fault free reading

This was one of those occasions where poor workmanship and a real apathy in regards to the care of their customers needs, could very nearly have resulted in the scrapping of an otherwise nice car.

Poor Graham was at his wits end with the car, and came to me as the last chance saloon.

Hopefully he left here tonight in a happier frame of mind

Brian
Well the car is now in good shape only person i would trust is is this man and the people he told me about my first rover 75 and i really thought i was going to get rid of me car i dont no what to say or do to thank you so much for the time you spent with me this should be an lesson to everyone on hear take your cars to experts like bri and i will all ways be in his debt and i deffo will be doing few t4 testing in the next few weeks to make sure its all good in 2 weeks i spent over 600 pound on the car and nothing got fixed the made it worse made briain work harder made me on the brink of an break down and in 2 days bri fixed it says it all i think bri is one of the best people anyone could ever meet hope if hes in this area were i live he will pop in now and then door is always open
kettle will be on ready also his cars are nice one day i might get to buy one hint hint lol hahaha need few bit doing to me car but hopefully bri sort me out or he run the other way lol if he see me driving down his street big thanks mate one of the best on hear
saxo1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 17:20   #2606
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

I am in awe of what people like Marinabrian can achieve.

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 17:47   #2607
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
I am in awe of what people like Marinabrian can achieve.
some of it is having the kit
some of it is having the time

most of it is good methodical problem solving years of practice and knowledge

Old 26th January 2015, 18:01   #2608
Richcl
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Took my car for an MOT today, it failed.
Not a lot really, I have work to do on the brakes, front suspension, replace the front tyres and exhaust.
A busy weekend for me ahead!
Richcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 18:49   #2609
Jordan Apex
This is my second home

Jaguar XFR 2011MY

Got my car mostly finished, rear blind is in and working, webasto is fitted but needs pcb repair, will get in contact with mike soon. Front speakers have been changed so they don't press against the card and vibrate, sub remote lead attached, I pod compatibility attached (love having my ice set up back and improved ). The passenger door was changed again for one with no crease or parking dents!

Just need the pcb done, need to reattach the earth for the rear screen and then get cruise control fitted along with the walnut wheel. Will be all done with then he says
Jordan Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 08:41   #2610
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

And before you're done, you've already thought of some more stuff you wanna do .
Never ending story haha.