Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th February 2008, 12:50   #81
KenF

MG ZT-T CDTi 135

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.
Any idea as to how I can find him (despite various ebay searches I couldn't find him) ?

Also, before I rush out & make other ebay members very rich I would like to make sure I get hold of the right components. So can anyone confirm if I've got the components right (as these are all from separate sources I'm not sure if they are compatible with each other)...

1) Screen/console (YIE000310PUY)
2) Radio (single) tuner (BMW BM24 Rover XQC 100440)
3) TV Tuner (YIC 000110)
4) Sat Nav Unit (YIB 100040)
5) Wiring loom (no idea how to get hold of the right one yet)
6) Remote (steering wheel) wiring (no idea how to get hold of one yet)

Many thanks in advance,

Ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My ZTT at NEC Birmingham 2004 2.jpg (20.2 KB, 11 views)
KenF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 16:39   #82
Duotone
This is my second home

Default Changing Alpine Low Line in High-Line SATNAV

Hi Ken.

A few of us members of this club have installed a complete Hi line system, wiring loom and all units included.
I bought a complete system [removed from a 75] from Les at SMC and I think this is possibly the best way to aquire a system.
There is plenty of help available on this forum, and if you are like me you will need it..
My system is now working perfectly, the approx time to install is about 6 hours, [in my case over two weekends] and maybe a few more for problem solving..

All in all its been well worth it, so be patient and no doubt a system will become available, without too long a wait..

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 17:14   #83
pmessling
Posted a thing or two

TVR

i have two of the components that you are after, and since you are in berkshire you are not too far away for pick up or for me to drop off, thats of course if you want them

Peter
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...ner468x60b.gif
pmessling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 18:59   #84
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

The hardest part to get hold of is the loom, as it involves stripping the interior out to get it out in one piece (God knows I've taken enough out now)

It's not the sort of thing you can make up either.....
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 21:04   #85
damydyo1
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenF View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.
Any idea as to how I can find him (despite various ebay searches I couldn't find him) ?

Also, before I rush out & make other ebay members very rich I would like to make sure I get hold of the right components. So can anyone confirm if I've got the components right (as these are all from separate sources I'm not sure if they are compatible with each other)...

1) Screen/console (YIE000310PUY)
2) Radio (single) tuner (BMW BM24 Rover XQC 100440)
3) TV Tuner (YIC 000110)
4) Sat Nav Unit (YIB 100040)
5) Wiring loom (no idea how to get hold of the right one yet)
6) Remote (steering wheel) wiring (no idea how to get hold of one yet)

Many thanks in advance,

Ken
Hello Ken,

Welcome on this thread. All units are compatible just fine.
5) You can always look for a breaker with the specified loom. If not suitable contact Kufatec at: http://shop.kufatec.de/product_info....t.html/cat/126
Remember: they only communicate in German but they sure do a great job if you specify your units correctly. What they need to know are the right specifications to make the loom as like:
- partnumbres of the units
- detailed pictures with back side connectors
- remote steering wheel control yes/no
- telephone mute yes/no
- additional wiring for reverse camera or so
- additional wirding for DVD (head rest screen for example)
- CD changer yes/no....back/front
- Type of car
- LHD or RHD
- fabrication year
- saloon or tourer (length of the loom)
- adres to send it to

A loom they make will cost about 153 GBP but it worked for me.

6) The wiring for the remote control on your steering wheel is brought by the K-bus interface. It will translate all communication you had from the old situation to the high line. Inform Kufatec about this that you look after this interface so they can include the wires within the loom with the specified connectors. From your existing remote wiring it will only be two wires wich can be seen on several wiring diagrams I put on this thread.

Good luck and let us know about your progres.

Regards Ralph
damydyo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 14:32   #86
KenF

MG ZT-T CDTi 135

Ralph,

Thank you this is really helpful.

I will now go & buy the components (lets hope that ebay sellers are honest !)

Once I have them I'll contact the German company. I'll also use your idea of photo's as well as getting a German friend to translate.

Thank you.

PS:
My next thread will probably be about "how do I take seats and panels out !!!!"
But I'll cross that bridge when I come across it.

Ken
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16th February 2008, 10:42   #87
biggles
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 conn

I have started to collect parts as well now. One 4:3 monitor secured, I have a lead on a BM24 and Mk3 units seem to be plentiful. Brackets might be an issue but worst case you could probably build an ugly but working substitute. :lol:

One thing that caught mu interest was this: I looks as the wiring loom extends the BMW radio interface connector to the center console which of course makes perfect sense if you upgrade from a regular sound system.

I have the HK system in my car with the amp in the boot so it seems to me that it would make more sense to wire the BM24 directly to the HK amp which should reduce the loom in thickness as well as improve sound quality. or have I missed something?

I assume the HK amp needs speaker level inputs, 12V main feed and 12V acc power (for control).

Another thing I was thinking about was the diversity amp. The symphonys antenna connectors look a lot like the ones on the BM24. Is the diversity amp used with the symphony compatible with the BM24?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 14:45   #88
biggles
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 conn

Found a BM24 dirt cheap and a steering wheel K-bus interface at breakers now. Mk3 unit remains. Pity that I will be away on business trips for the next two weeks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 13:39   #89
KenF

MG ZT-T CDTi 135

Hi,

I’ve finally managed to get my hands on a wiring loom, but now I’m not sure it’s the right one.

The loom I have is Part Number YMW100861 and at first glance it looked fine.

I was looking for the GPS Receiver plug on the loom (I was expecting a 7 pin green plug for Receiver YWY100361) but the only plug that I could see that could be for the GPS Receiver is a black 10 pin (8 wire) plug.

So I was hoping that someone could answer 2 questions for me:
1) Will this YMW100861 loom work with my ZT-T ?
2) Will I need a different receiver or can I somehow re-wire this plug to fit YWY100361 ?

I haven’t even tried having a look at my existing system so I’m also hoping that the ‘extra’ plugs/sockets at the dashboard end of the loom are simply for the glove box mounted multi-CD and steering wheel remote connections.

I should have said previously that I am a complete novice when it comes to this sort of stuff so please help educate me if I am completely wrong & looking at this the wrong way !

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ken
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 27th February 2008, 13:57   #90
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenF View Post
Hi,

I’ve finally managed to get my hands on a wiring loom, but now I’m not sure it’s the right one.

The loom I have is Part Number YMW100861 and at first glance it looked fine.

I was looking for the GPS Receiver plug on the loom (I was expecting a 7 pin green plug for Receiver YWY100361) but the only plug that I could see that could be for the GPS Receiver is a black 10 pin (8 wire) plug.

So I was hoping that someone could answer 2 questions for me:
1) Will this YMW100861 loom work with my ZT-T ?
2) Will I need a different receiver or can I somehow re-wire this plug to fit YWY100361 ?

I haven’t even tried having a look at my existing system so I’m also hoping that the ‘extra’ plugs/sockets at the dashboard end of the loom are simply for the glove box mounted multi-CD and steering wheel remote connections.

I should have said previously that I am a complete novice when it comes to this sort of stuff so please help educate me if I am completely wrong & looking at this the wrong way !

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

YMW100861 comes up as "Harness stereo radio cassette - Navigation module & display HI - On Board Television- Front " up to a very early VIN.

If you post a picture of all the connectors on it, I may be able to identify what it is, The GPS connection is a single thin black coaxial with a single silver connector on it.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote