coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning all, how is everyone?
Morning Phil, morning all.

Not too shabby here, how's you and Jessica ?
Old 22nd January 2024, 06:45   #173223
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Morning Phil, morning all.

Not too shabby here, how's you and Jessica ?

Morning Jeff

Hopefully Ros, yourself and Lady Emma have survived the storms intact.

On Wednesday we are having a new water purifier installed. This prompted a new kitchen to be fitted over the past few days. On Friday the electrician rewired the kitchen and on Thursday and tomorrow the carpenters will apply the finishing touches, all custom made. The labour charge is £25 per hour which helps. This has also prompted us to get quotes for a new solar system as the one we have is 25 years old. The lithium batteries are expensive but are reported to last longer. One lithium battery here costs circa £1500, non lithium is considerably cheaper. We asked quotes for both, so thank goodness for my pensions.

What are you up to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2024, 07:20   #173224
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, The wind wasn't as strong as forecast overnight, It's still blowy though.

Off to take my other half for a blood test at the local clinic later this morning.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:19   #173225
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Burger!!! My pressure washer froze in the garage in the sub-zero temps last week & split the aluminium pump & brass handle swivel fitting

Just had to order a new one

Old 22nd January 2024, 12:53   #173226
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Still a bit wild here, some vicious gusts of wind. Out earlier righting the tubs that had blown over, several of them.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2024, 13:23   #173227
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Still a bit wild here, some vicious gusts of wind. Out earlier righting the tubs that had blown over, several of them.

It had calmed down first thing this morning but it's back up to force again here, One of the bird feeders has gone flying.

Old 22nd January 2024, 16:14   #173228
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default Officially a "carer"!

Well, after 72 years of being a son, I am now an unpaid "carer"! No doubt, that will be so that "they" have someone to blame, other than themselves, if care for my 98 year old mum goes ti*s up. After much phoning, emailing, nagging and searching on t'internet, she has (albeit temporary) carers coming in to help her to wash, dress and feed herself (currently a one armed bandit, with a broken arm in a sling!). She has a maximum of six weeks to be "Reabled! 98 and sent home to an empty house with co-codamol, a sponge sling and an appointment for the fracture clinic 2 days later! I became a mental and physical wreck for several days and had to just back off in order to survive! Onwards and upwards. It's the only way when you are on the floor!
Old 23rd January 2024, 06:53   #173229
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Well, after 72 years of being a son, I am now an unpaid "carer"! No doubt, that will be so that "they" have someone to blame, other than themselves, if care for my 98 year old mum goes ti*s up. After much phoning, emailing, nagging and searching on t'internet, she has (albeit temporary) carers coming in to help her to wash, dress and feed herself (currently a one armed bandit, with a broken arm in a sling!). She has a maximum of six weeks to be "Reabled! 98 and sent home to an empty house with co-codamol, a sponge sling and an appointment for the fracture clinic 2 days later! I became a mental and physical wreck for several days and had to just back off in order to survive! Onwards and upwards. It's the only way when you are on the floor!
It’s a rotten deal being an unpaid carer if your income is more than the carers allowance but it should not stop you applying online to the council for a carers assessment for entitlement to the allowance or part of it. I am sorry you are having such a tough time of it. One week unpaid leave for a carer is law under the carers leave act.

Looking ahead, when is your holiday abroad booked? Hopefully by then your mum will be back to independent living and her self.

Today Jessica and I are both having physio. The price for physio here is the same as in the UK £50 each. It is useful and I am doing my physio exercises 3 times a day to strengthen the ham strings, calf and buttocks. With the buttocks, I have to stand up from a chair whilst squeezing the buttocks tight and closed 30 times a day. I have to walk an across the room 10 times 3 times a day just on my toes without falling over, the last one is walk the same distance on the balls of my feet. Of course it’s going to improve everything.

We were supposed to have the carpenter today to put up shelves in the kitchen but he cannot come today because his circular saw had cut a nail and his saw is being repaired. That’s his story and we have to go with it.

Hope you can get a rest and not get ill by everything which is happening, do take care.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2024, 07:17   #173230
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Morning all, We've got rain for the whole day looking at the forecast. The winds have died down though.
My sister has been waiting for a knee replacement for quite a while & she got a call from the hospital yesterday saying there's been a cancellation so they can fit her in. I'm taking her to the knee & hip hospital in Salford this morning for a pre-op then all being well I'll be taking her back there for knee surgery on the 31st January.