Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th February 2018, 18:50   #7771
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Emitting tire fixed.
Who is this Stupid rESPONSIBLE mANAGER in Continental decided that the small tire barcode sticker has to be glued where the tire sticks to the rim?
Took 10 /TEN!/ minutes Titan-like effort with the flat screwdriver to remove the sticker.

Last edited by hrissim; 11th February 2018 at 19:36..
hrissim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2018, 19:20   #7772
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Not checked Rimmers useful illustrated lists yet, .
I'm aware there will be carriage to pay.
Mike
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2018, 23:22   #7773
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Might as well have the discs too. As you say, they'll come in handy. I have four KV6 Rovers, although the only one currently on the road is the one bought for spares! One is jhaving the belts done, but I need to fix the brakes on the spare quickly as have a number of long trips to do. I'll wait to here. Payment - paypal or bank transfer.
Address - Mike Evans, Brayhill House, Kippax Lane End, Garforth, Leeds LS25 2AB
Old 11th February 2018, 23:38   #7774
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

I see the high performance cars have discs of larger diameter, I guess this is the upgrade you have done.

Yes, packaging heavy awkward items is a bit of pain, I do it regularly as I sell Rover parts for 1934-64 models; the 75 being the first modern car ever owned.

Will waitto hear from you so we can finalise the deal.
Old 12th February 2018, 16:22   #7775
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

The original set up is as my car although I can see the discs are a different maunufacture. These parts will do fine for me please. Let me know when they're pack and weighed eitc, and how to pay you. Best to pm this info.

One of mine is a low mileage one I want to look after and add various gooodies such as satnav and powerfolds. Have to strip off the subframes first as these are rusty but the body looks excellent and I'm hoping to find it is. Not this weather's work though.
Old 12th February 2018, 17:35   #7776
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Absolutely nothing, although I have noticed whilst moving it around at work it has a single ‘knock’ when setting off in reverse from the rear passenger side so I might have to try and have a look tomorrow.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2018, 19:08   #7777
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The V8..................

................................ Was started today, fired up on the first time of asking. Took the Bear for a run up to Cheshunt in Hertsfordshire, done some shopping and drove back to where the Bear lives on a temporary basis.

Then drove home with Redfive and got her washed, seeing as she has travelled over 1400 miles in the last 10 days including attending 3 meets, think she deserved it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.0 KB, 21 views)

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2018, 19:12   #7778
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Re-affixed the high level brake light to the rear screen, removed the locking wheel bolts and replaced with standard, checked the tyre pressures, went to change the air filter but the one on it appears to be new, so left it, polished the chrome and touched up a couple of stone chips.
Old 12th February 2018, 19:24   #7779
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

My 75 tripped over the 50,000 mile mark on the way home from work. She was clearly as unhappy as me about leaving her 40s as I was and popped a brake light bulb on the way in, so she's been treated to a new bulb this evening plus a ROVER branded coil pack cover as a birthday treat.
Old 13th February 2018, 15:50   #7780
cw1uk2
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

MOT next month so last weekend I thought it was time to get some jobs done, Replaced the entire rear number plate light fittings, not easy as someone else had clearly had a go in the past and gotten carried away with the silicone.. Took some time to sort it all out.

New front disks and Pads, Disks had been coated so gave them a light sanding to remove some of the coating and over a few days the breaking had taken it all off and breaks performing very well. Air Bag light now off, Thought I was in good shape. Driving down the slip road after leaving the M27 the squealing began, left break locked on, oops thankfully there is a garage just down the road, I had a good feeling the second I pulled up with my now very hot wheel... There was a courtesy car outside, A 75 😊

Was half expecting to need a new calliper, I walked to work and let them get on with it, they un-ceased it and gave it all a good clean, looks like the coated disks I fitted caused the issue … £50 all back up and running.
Great service and really friendly staff, if your ever in need and in Fareham/Southampton pop and see these guys. https://segensworth-automobiles.co.uk/
Jobs done: K&N air filter,Jules Plenum Guard, Shannon Tube, New coils, Emptied ton of water from boot, replaced rear light seals..Double Din unit installed, replaced AC controls with Blue lit ones, new front disks, Number plate light circuit replaced, headlights de-fogged, Breather Pipes replaced... Jobs to do- Paint Callipers, Fuel Tank Cage to be replaced, Fix Bonnet release as currently opening with pliers... and continue NOT to tell the Wife how much I'm spending
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cw1uk2 is offline   Reply With Quote