Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th December 2019, 07:08   #1
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Driver's Door Glass

Good morning & Merry Christmas all!

I have had a slight issue with my driver's door glass, or at least the regulator, the past few days.
To get in & out of work I need to swipe my key card, lowering the window is fine, but raising it is when I have the problem. I have to flick the switch repeatedly to raise it, with the glass moving a few mm to a cm at a time. It is odd as occasionally it will operate with no problem.
I have done a quick search on here & it could be a broken plastic guide. Does anyone have some experience with this? How easy is it to replace?

Thanks,

Rob

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2019, 09:23   #2
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

I'd have a go at cleaning the switch pack first and eliminating that, much easier.

I've replaced a couple of plastic guides but on the rear windows, bit fiddly but the good news is that the guides are also used by VW and cheap, about £1.50 each if memory serves me correctly.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2019, 09:44   #3
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Good morning & Merry Christmas all!

I have had a slight issue with my driver's door glass, or at least the regulator, the past few days.
To get in & out of work I need to swipe my key card, lowering the window is fine, but raising it is when I have the problem. I have to flick the switch repeatedly to raise it, with the glass moving a few mm to a cm at a time. It is odd as occasionally it will operate with no problem.
I have done a quick search on here & it could be a broken plastic guide. Does anyone have some experience with this? How easy is it to replace?

Thanks,

Rob
Rob, the problem is due to the cold affecting the anti trap seal.

My ZT does the same when it is colder than 3 deg out, and as a temporary fix, I've coded out one shot up, so at least the window winds up without stopping as per the lower spec models.

I'll let you know once I've found the solution

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2019, 10:05   #4
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks guys.

I'm at work through to Sunday night so it is unlikely that I'll get chance to take a look until Monday. I'll try cleaning the window & seals to see if that helps. I'll also do the switch pack, just to be on the safe side.

Rob

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Old 27th December 2019, 21:29   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Its not the switch pack, mine does this and I have swapped the switch pack over.

It is more than likely the window regulator (I had this on a rear window once) Swapped the mechanism and all has been well since.
Old 29th December 2019, 07:19   #6
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks Trikey,

That is what I fear, but I was hoping against it. The glass is badly scratched so it would be a good time to see about finding a replacement.
I'll have to see about cleaning/trimming the seal to reduce future scratching, if possible.

Rob

MODS DONE;

Old 29th December 2019, 09:09   #7
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Thanks Trikey,

.... The glass is badly scratched so it would be a good time to see about finding a replacement.
I'll have to see about cleaning/trimming the seal to reduce future scratching, if possible.

Rob
Isn't there a 15% Rimmers sale at the moment? (I might have dreamt that )

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID002003

My driver's door glass is also badly scratched so I bought a replacement last year, plus a new run channel to go with it. I haven't got round to fitting either of them yet.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2019, 12:17   #8
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Isn't there a 15% Rimmers sale at the moment? (I might have dreamt that )
It's 12.5% and it's only on Triumph parts. 1st to 19th Jan.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2020, 19:22   #9
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Good evening all,

Does anyone know how to remove the window weather strip from the front doors? I've replaced my window & gave the weather strip a good clean but the new window is getting scratched already. I want to remove it to give it a thorough clean.

Thanks,

Rob

MODS DONE;