Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st March 2024, 17:06   #21
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

Some time ago I put a couple of posts on this thread, about a possible Rover 75 model.
Basically (without scrolling back), I had come across a 1:76 3d print of a Mk2 on Shapeways. I contacted the seller and asked about a Mk1, to which he replied he was going to do one and I said I would reply on here when he did. To cut a long story short, yes he did produce it, but with Shapeways pricing (including shipping, tax etc) it was very pricey - about £70 if I remember correctly. Not bad for a 00 size model about the size of an old Matchbox model! I declined to buy it, but via another path I've just come across his prints being sold on ebay. Same guy, I'll put the link om here.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176188022782
Price is now much more reasonable - £6.99 + £4.99 postage.
If you purchase more items from him he combines postage too. Quite a good selection of other cars, and he is open to suggestions. I've just received the R75/Metro/Morris Ital from him, all cars I've owned. Very clean prints; if you are into modelling, take a look.
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2024, 17:49   #22
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartIngram View Post
….Quite a good selection of other cars, and he is open to suggestions. I've just received the R75/Metro/Morris Ital from him, all cars I've owned. Very clean prints; if you are into modelling, take a look.
My young fella turned 18 last week, and we’ve been on the lookout for 1st timer cars for him. Car search choice has been mainly dictated by insurance costs, which, as we all know are shocking.
Anyway, a Morris ital was my 1st motorised means of transport.
I sent him this for a laugh…

“ D…This is the 1st “mode of motorised transport”
that dad bought for us. Well, he used it for work during the week, and we could drive it at weekends, if we removed:
- tools for his digger: heavy stuff like sledge hammers, chains, 3 or 4 tool boxes.
- drums of diesel
- grease guns
- dirty wellies and carpets.

Main features included:
- exterior: yellow. Easy to see in the dark.
- interior: better than being outside

- features:
- interior light, indicators, wipers & seat belt
- it had a radio. Volume varied with revs
- door mirrors, altered from outside
- manual choke (might have to google that)
- 4 gears
- navigation, by map reading, directions from older people, memory and luck.

- upgrades
- we installed a cassette player / speakers

Anyone who wanted a lift, got in the back (even though that was illegal, even back then).
It certainly wasn’t a good car, but I had a great time driving it, and probably remember it most.
If you think it’s hilarious, look back in 33 yrs from now (2057), and see what a ford ka / Toyota aygo / Peugeot 108, Citroen c1 or c3 looked like.😬
Imagine….diesel and petrol cars 😱. Even electric cars! Who thought that would ever catch on!!”

https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=59368

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2024, 18:54   #23
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

Mine was a 1300 HLS saloon, top of the range. 3 months old, minimum mileage showroom demonstrator from the local main agent. Zircon metallic blue with a vinyl roof, reg XAV11X. And I bought for half the new value.
I did 250k miles in that over about 12 years. Had a new propshaft under warranty in the 1st month, I changed the gearbox for a brand new one at some ridiculous high mileage. Otherwise nothing major to sort out.
Never mind what others say, it was a lovely car. I even towed a 4-berth Swift caravan with it, easily. It even came with a fitted towbar.
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2024, 09:41   #24
MDMH757
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartIngram View Post
Some time ago I put a couple of posts on this thread, about a possible Rover 75 model.
Basically (without scrolling back), I had come across a 1:76 3d print of a Mk2 on Shapeways. I contacted the seller and asked about a Mk1, to which he replied he was going to do one and I said I would reply on here when he did. To cut a long story short, yes he did produce it, but with Shapeways pricing (including shipping, tax etc) it was very pricey - about £70 if I remember correctly. Not bad for a 00 size model about the size of an old Matchbox model! I declined to buy it, but via another path I've just come across his prints being sold on ebay. Same guy, I'll put the link om here.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176188022782
Price is now much more reasonable - £6.99 + £4.99 postage.
If you purchase more items from him he combines postage too. Quite a good selection of other cars, and he is open to suggestions. I've just received the R75/Metro/Morris Ital from him, all cars I've owned. Very clean prints; if you are into modelling, take a look.
Same guy is currently selling a 1/32 Rover 75 body shell..... I too have a 3d printer looking to print 1/32 scale body shells to make scalextric cars...
I bought a ZT body shell a while back which I am scratch building ... I agree prints are good quality

Cheers

Maurice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0379.jpg (131.7 KB, 16 views)
MDMH757 is offline   Reply With Quote