Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th May 2019, 12:47   #1
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Default 10th anniversary of Rover 75 ownership - some thoughts

Hi All,

I find it hard to believe that 15 May marked the 10th anniversary of acquiring my Cowley 75. Already 9 years old, it was the oldest car I had ever purchased. While it was a bit of a step into the unknown then, I could never have forecast the pleasure the car would give me, which include in no particular order:

- the friendship, knowledge and support from this Club, both on the forum and at meets;

- the chance to learn of the heritage of both Cowley and Longbridge - and meeting those who work/ed at both factories through events such as Tanya Field's Cowley Convoy and the Pride of Longbridge;

- the fact that the car is a genuinely comfortable place to be in the pressured world of modern driving. I still make new discoveries on the details that contribute to the clever details of the interior design that contribute to this sense of well-being. While it was the dashboard that I had always admired, I only realised the other day how the oval designs so cleverly match up - e.g. the interior door handles, window switch surrounds, air vents, dashboard itself, including indicator 'window's, engine temperature and fuel gauges. No squares or rectangles - so the polar opposite of those computer, tv and phone screens we all spend so much time staring at.

Whether the car still be a practical daily driver for another 10 years may be in doubt, but I am very glad to have had the pleasure of Rover 75 ownership for the first 10.

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon

Last edited by Zircon; 18th May 2019 at 19:27.. Reason: Typo!
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote