Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North East
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th November 2018, 08:18   #1
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts
Default Unfortunate news

I received a pm from Cookie87;of MGNorthumbria, to say that there will be no show held in 2019. Apparently it was a club vote, and the no vote won. What a shame, one of the best shows of the year that. I have forwarded this information to Stu.
Old 27th November 2018, 10:24   #2
willshot
Posted a thing or two

Ex-ZI190 owner. ,Ford Focus RS

Sad news indeed, Rich. I have to say I preferred the rugby club site to this years.
willshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 11:26   #3
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshot View Post
Sad news indeed, Rich. I have to say I preferred the rugby club site to this years.
Yes it wasn't as good this year Will,but with it being the first year at the new venue, there was bound to be teething troubles. There's still time for them to change their minds.
Old 27th November 2018, 13:35   #4
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

A real shame but I agree with Will, it wasn't as good this year as in previous years, it was all a bit too spread out for me. Hopefully they will have time to reconsider as with any new venue it will take some time to sort out the issues.
Fingers crossed they can be convinced to give it another go.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 13:39   #5
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
A real shame but I agree with Will, it wasn't as good this year as in previous years, it was all a bit too spread out for me. Hopefully they will have time to reconsider as with any new venue it will take some time to sort out the issues.
Fingers crossed they can be convinced to give it another go.

Steve.
Seemed to be too much concentrated in one field with only a few clubs including ourselves in the other.
Old 30th November 2018, 18:01   #6
cookie87
Avid contributor

mg zt

So the problems we had this year with members of MGN saying they would help on the day then never showed up to help out. This plus the fact of a new site made for a very busy day for the few that did turn up. We had a club survey asking for next year and not enough members said yes to helping out, not just on the day but on the run up. Unfortunately the deadline has passed to book the site for next year so for now that's it. It's the end of the show you never know it maybe bk in 2020 but I for 1 am glad it's not on next year. After seeing my dad organise the event for the past 6 years and how much stress it puts on him it will be a good rest for him. He has now stepped down as chairman but remains vice chair. I too have some bad news my 190 will be for sale as I no longer use her any1 interested just get in touch. So to round this up thanks to every1 who has been in the past and enjoyed the show.
cookie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 11:05   #7
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie87 View Post
So the problems we had this year with members of MGN saying they would help on the day then never showed up to help out. This plus the fact of a new site made for a very busy day for the few that did turn up. We had a club survey asking for next year and not enough members said yes to helping out, not just on the day but on the run up. Unfortunately the deadline has passed to book the site for next year so for now that's it. It's the end of the show you never know it maybe bk in 2020 but I for 1 am glad it's not on next year. After seeing my dad organise the event for the past 6 years and how much stress it puts on him it will be a good rest for him. He has now stepped down as chairman but remains vice chair. I too have some bad news my 190 will be for sale as I no longer use her any1 interested just get in touch. So to round this up thanks to every1 who has been in the past and enjoyed the show.
Thanks for the update Niel, totally understandable on every count. Our own RS Stu,stood down earlier this year, to take a back seat. Thankfully, by popular demand,he has agreed to step up again come January. Hopefully after a break, some more members may be willing to help out and come back in 2020. In the meantime,on behalf all the north east membership,and those further afield, who attended the show, thanks for all your hard work in setting it up,and inviting us to participate.

Last edited by RPWC; 1st December 2018 at 12:00.. Reason: Predictive text
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 13:30   #8
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

That's a real shock , one of the highlights of the year for me , I know the new location wasn't 100% popular but a little shuffling around would have improved it no end, had some great days out at this show . I blame Brexit !
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2018, 23:39   #9
cookie87
Avid contributor

mg zt

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstrover View Post
That's a real shock , one of the highlights of the year for me , I know the new location wasn't 100% popular but a little shuffling around would have improved it no end, had some great days out at this show . I blame Brexit !
Yes shuffling stuff would have helped but when club members aren't willing to help out in the day like promised it becomes hard to run the show.
cookie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2019, 08:03   #10
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Default Mgn 2020

Does anyone know if this show will go ahead again next year?