Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th May 2019, 08:38   #11
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

I make a point of looking specifically for meyle products.

Just fitted a meyle vortex pcv to my diesel. It looks like a quality product, as did my HD drop links.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019, 12:01   #12
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I used to spend many a happy hour chatting with the research and development team at Mintex in Cleckheaton. They would make up "odd" requests for the price of a few pints (often whilst you waited!). Saved my bacon on many vintage projects over the years. Try getting somebody overseas to do that - assuming that they even know how!
Old 15th May 2019, 14:17   #13
EdgarDonaldBalls
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi XPower Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
This is in the back of the MK2 Tourer I am looking at. I was told it had new brake pads. Anyone have experience with Meyle for pads? I know they're a desirable brand for suspension/steering parts.

Cheers,
Glenn
I have been doing some research lately into discs and pads lately as I will be changing my fronts very soon.

The general view I found on Meyle discs and pads is that they are good quality, up there with TRW and Brembo's OEM replacements. They're not cheap either.

I ordered a set of TRW discs for a good price, I wanted them specifically because of the black coating on the unswept area of the disc.

I have always avoided mintex pads due to the bad reviews of their performance and tendency to create a lot of dust.

I fancied trying EBC green stuff pads despite mixed reviews but found a good deal on some Black Diamond Predator Fast road pads so decided to give them a try instead. they're supposed to be at least as good as a decent OEM pad in general performance but with less fade when hot and more "feel". For what I paid, I think they may be worth investigating.
Born Friday, 9th April 2004 @ 09:54:49
This vehicle was the 14,388th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 2,491st ZT CDTi + (135) to be made out of 4,184
This vehicle was the 2,113th ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
EdgarDonaldBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019, 16:26   #14
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

I have TRW discs and pads all round, the black coating on the edges and hub parts has lasted over a year now and no sign of rust on them, I think the whole set cost about £150 give or take a quid and that included the wire sensors.
They stop well and the dust isn't excessive, I would buy these again.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019, 23:09   #15
minimutly
Posted a thing or two

mg zt

I replaced the original discs on my zt at around 90k with mintex. Judder within 20k, another set fitted a year ago, same thing. Don't know about the pads, but the discs are c...p.
And the rear ones were also replaced twice, and are coming off in layers as we speak.
minimutly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 06:35   #16
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I was telling my motor factor about this thread yesterday and he has told me something interesting.

He reckons there are a lot of fake brake parts out there for sale, it does not matter where you buy them from but even he has been caught out. The packaging is correct and they even have the correct tamper proof seal on the box but when you return them to the manufacturers they are denying they came from them, I don't know how they can tell but Mintex have been targeted as well as a few other top brands.

He reckons though they are cheaper than they should be they are not a lot cheaper to arouse suspicion. He has even seem pads separate from there backing.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 12:20   #17
Rp61973
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Classic

I recently fitted Mintex front discs and pads. All is good. No excessive dust and no squealing.
Old 16th May 2019, 19:00   #18
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

My opinion differs to most here it seems.
I honestly quite like the braking performance of Mintex kit, have fitted Mintex pads and discs all round to both my 75 and my partners 25.

Dust doesn’t seem a problem for me and they’re completely vibration free.

However... The centre of the discs rust so badly and so quickly that I might have to change them soon purely for cosmetic reasons, because it looks ridiculous.
And I only fitted them to my 75 a month ago.

Surely a bit of paint wont cost them much?
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 19:09   #19
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

I agree with the other posts recommending TRW. If you can afford to wait a bit for delivery, Autodoc seem to be offering some of the best deals.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 20:20   #20
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Sorry to go a little off the O/p post,,,I fitted a complete set of Brembo disks and pads to my recently sold MG. When I fitted them last summer they seemed to take forever to bed in and I had softish brakes for a while. When they did settle down I had really good brakes with minimal to no dust. I was truly amazed at the stay clean nature of my front and rear wheels.
My newly acquired tourer had awful front brakes so I aimed for the brembos again but due to supply probs had to settle for Pagid which while being quick to bed in produce awful amounts of black dust.

I recommend Brembo brake parts from ECP.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote