Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st April 2012, 15:57   #1
baconbuttyman
Banned

Default My son lost his phone

My son lost his phone, this was on Thursday at school, now the phone wasnt any thing special, i dont believe in giving a 12 yr old an iphone or similar, But still he was upset about it as he had just topped it up etc and it was his, It was a basic model, a contact poind for his mates and us really!
Any way, when i found out i texted it and called it with no answer, a little later on i re called it and it was answered, i asked who it was on the phone and could we have it back, they simply laughed and told me to go away in jerky movements, hmm, 10 mins later i had the phone blocked and the number and credit transferred to a new sim .

Got back from Karate this afternoon, we found his fone in our garden all smashed. whats the point of that, my son now thinks he upset some one, as it's obvious they new it was his phone.
to his credit he is now setting about earning some money to replace it.

I have explained to him, it was a maliscious act and not his fault.
make my blood boil
Old 1st April 2012, 16:08   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Can't stand bullies, hope your Son saves up and gets his new phone and the Scrotes that got his old one don't get their sticky little paws on his next one.
Old 1st April 2012, 16:29   #3
Anthony & Maricel
This is my second home

Rover 75 Connoisseur 1.8L pre production S573 AOX Vin 001493 Feb 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Can't stand bullies, hope your Son saves up and gets his new phone and the Scrotes that got his old one don't get their sticky little paws on his next one.
It's just a typical action of today's youth not all but just a few of them show no respect to others or there property but one day they will do it to the wrong person and they will get the shock of there lives :wink:
Old 1st April 2012, 18:56   #4
bluey9
Banned

2004 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur Saloon, 2006 MG TF Spark 135, Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi

Buy the kid a nice new phone you tightwad.... none of it was his fault. He doesn't need a lesson in the value of things on top of what he's already suffered.

Cheers
Bluey
Old 1st April 2012, 19:02   #5
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmoobs View Post
It's just a typical action of today's youth not all but just a few of them show no respect to others or there property but one day they will do it to the wrong person and they will get the shock of there lives :wink:
hmmm, he may only be 12, but he isnt to be messed with really, he is 5ft 8" and a big lad (tbh people forget he is only 12 cos of the size of him), he is now an orange belt in Wado Ryu Karate and could be quite formidable to someone his own age.
hope he doesnt find out who it was
Old 1st April 2012, 20:06   #6
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey9 View Post
Buy the kid a nice new phone you tightwad.... none of it was his fault. He doesn't need a lesson in the value of things on top of what he's already suffered.

Cheers
Bluey
Had to laugh at this post, I would do the same. Sort him with a new phone Mick to make him feel better........

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 1st April 2012, 21:33   #7
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Had to laugh at this post, I would do the same. Sort him with a new phone Mick to make him feel better........
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post
hmmm, he may only be 12, but he isnt to be messed with really, he is 5ft 8" and a big lad (
Maybe the lad doesn't want to pitch up with a shiney new mobile, sorted out by "Daddy" !!!

Let the good times roll............

Old 1st April 2012, 22:06   #8
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbuttyman View Post
hmmm, he may only be 12, but he isnt to be messed with really, he is 5ft 8" and a big lad (tbh people forget he is only 12 cos of the size of him), he is now an orange belt in Wado Ryu Karate and could be quite formidable to someone his own age.
hope he doesnt find out who it was
My son is the same age, build and an Orange belt BBM. Its hard for them to think its that other people are such ******* but he will have dicipline that will hold him in good stead. My thoughts are with him, and you can tell him that
Old 2nd April 2012, 04:51   #9
jimn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

My son left his mobile in his jean's pocket and it went in the washing machine - it didn't seem to like that. He's always has my cast-off phones so it's no great loss though.

Tesco do a v. cheap SIM free Nokia phone (£10 odd), not the flashest thing but it does calls & texts.

Last edited by jimn; 2nd April 2012 at 06:41..
Old 2nd April 2012, 07:42   #10
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

I have 2 phones. My cheap "public" phone and my touch screen private one.