Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th January 2019, 14:32   #271
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
Typical I will have a look for an app then as that would be the easiest for me.

The different bus companies seem to each have their bus journey planners, but I have seen one which integrates them all/most.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 20:10   #272
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool I fully understand why the owners.....................

................................................ Need a second quote but it needles me to why I have to wait whilst they decide.

I have been struggling with boiler and central heating system. Reported the fault before Christmas, engineer came out and fiddled with the boiler. It seemed to sort the problem out but now the perishing thing is being a right pain. Keeps turning itself off, trying to re-set it is a pain. I have to take the plastic panel off to push the button back in, as it is loose.

I went back in on Tuesday and basically said that the problem needs to be sorted out as I have very limited heat and with it being winter it's extremely chilly in the mornings. I do have two electric oil filled radiators that I brought with me from Essex but I didn't tell them that.
There is a fan heater type fire in the hearth in the dining room but I cannot stand the dry heat. Anyway I need the warmth upstairs.

The contract central heating/plumbers phoned me to make an appointment for Thursday afternoon after 3pm, totally understand they are very busy people. Then out of the blue one of the engineers phoned to say he was close by, this was on Wednesday evening, and could he pop in and have a look. Ok by me as he said he has been before, when the stopcock broke just after I moved in.
So in he came and took one look and said it was beyond economical repair. He then typed out a report on his phone and said to me that once the owners gave the go ahead then a new boiler would be fitted.

So this evening I get a phone call from the letting agent, Mike, who told me that the owners wanted a second quote before committing there selves to having the boiler replaced. I fully understand this decision but am now waiting for the other plumber/heating engineer to contact me.
I'm hoping that he will call in the morning as I'm supposed to be going away to Newquay for a skittles competition in the afternoon and coming home on Monday.
Plus I have Matt coming to fit Banana's inertia switch tomorrow as well. Would love to take Banana to Newquay but we will have to see. Mind you I do have another a Green ZTT I could always use. I'm looking after "Leafy", Allens car whilst he is on holiday.

On a lighter note I have been given permission to re-work the rear garden. Whoever laid the turfs certainly were not going to live here.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 24th January 2019 at 20:13.. Reason: Missing letters located.......
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 19:17   #273
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Been out on the bus again........................................

.................................................. ....... and got on the right one this time. Still went around the houses but not as much as my first trip. I needed to get to the NatWest bank in Plymouth to sort out some business. I wanted to talk to someone face to face rather than on the phone or internet.
After the bank I had a wander around the town, found the bombed out church.
Named as Charles Church it was bombed in the Blitz in 1941. It was never rebuilt after the war and stands as a memorial to those civilians killed, 1200, in the war.

Found Plymouth market, but all under cover. Not as good as Par market but that's just my view. Came out of the precinct and found my way over to the Ho again. Glorious weather, blue sky and sunshine. No wind from the sea. I followed the road done towards the Barbican. Down past the "Mayflower" steps. But under repair so not able to have a better look. It's believed these are the steps from which the Pilgrim Fathers finally set off in the Mayflower for there trip to America on 6th September 1620.

I carried on past the old fish market, now turned into up market bars, Bistro's and restaurants. I walked past the home of Plymouth Gin. Built in 1793, thought to have been built on the ruins of a Dominican Order monastery, built in 1431, but there is no hard evidence that this is true.
Walked round into Notte Street. Thought I could catch a bus back to the town centre. Kept walking as there seemed to be a lack of bus stops.

And lo and behold I found myself back where I had started by the anchor memorial, Ark Royal. Across the road and I was back where the buses stop. Travelled here on the 5A and returned on a No.11 and it was a double decker. So upstairs I went. Got a few photo's as we crossed the Tamar. Should have caught the No.12 as they stops on the end of my road. But the No.11 turns off before. Still not that far to walk.

Still waiting for the people from AdGas to contact me about replacing the boiler. Nothing heard today so I best give them a reminder in the morning.

So I'm still staying. No Going Back...................................

A couple of photo's.

Charles Church.
Memorial to the pilots at the Ho.
Overlooking the bay.
in the inner harbour.
Over the Tamar from the top deck of the bus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0935.jpg (89.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0937.jpg (136.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0941.jpg (145.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0961.jpg (138.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0980.jpg (140.1 KB, 9 views)

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 1st February 2019, 12:03   #274
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

I don't know if you have been here yet but it's the largest in the UK, The National Marine Aquarium.

Well worth a visit.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 12:25   #275
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
I don't know if you have been here yet but it's the largest in the UK, The National Marine Aquarium.

Well worth a visit.
Thanks Neil that is on the agenda of places to visit.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 1st February 2019 at 12:25.. Reason: Missed a letter or two.
Old 2nd February 2019, 13:37   #276
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Time goes so quickly.................

........................................ or is it just me.

Christine from the letting agency has phoned to arrange the 6 month check up on the house. She’ll be round next Thursday, gives me a chance to get rid of the empties, pizza and takeaway boxes. Only joking, I keep the place clean and I can honestly say that I have NEVER had a takeaway here or even in Barkingside.
I’ll eat out from time to time otherwise I cook at home. No microwave food either. Wholesome and as healthy as I can get although I do like steak and chips.

And on Friday the central heating engineers will be here to fit a new boiler. I’ve had to keep moaning about the hit and miss boiler I currently have. Only have the heating on for about 3 hours in the morning plus about 4 hours in the evening. But the perishing thing keeps going to standby mode. Had one plumber here who said it had been repaired so many times it was now uneconomical to repair.

Still at least it’s getting done. So all in all a good weekend so far, bonus being is Banana should be back with me on Monday. Been having a rest in the warmth of the local garage.

onen hag oll
Old 12th February 2019, 14:38   #277
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Almost 8 months here...................

..................................... well it will be tomorrow.

Christine came round last Thursday and had a good look round. She tested all the alarms, made a note of the work to be carried re the boiler and made a note, and took a photo, of the back garden. I have permission to sort the garden out.
All in all she was pleased with me, her parting comment was, “ Bob, for a single bloke living on there own you keep this place remarkably clean and tidy”. Made me feel really good.
Sadly it is Christine’s last visit as she is retiring from the agents at the end of March. I wished her a Happy Retirement.

The plumbers/central heating people were due at 8am Friday so I cleared the kitchen out the night before. Just the areas where they would need to work.
A van turned up at 09.10 and unloaded the new boiler plus tubing and other bits. Driver said the plumber was on his way. Steve turned up at 09.30. Very pleasant young man. He said that he would be turning the water and gas off so if I needed to fill the kettle up now was the time. Thought it might be an idea to fill a bucket up so I could flush the loo.

The removal of the old boiler was straight forward along with the air vent. But fitting the new boiler seemed to be trying his patience. I kept out of the way only offering tea of coffee at the right moments. 3 times he had to go out to the plumbers shop to get some more bits. He was on the phone to the boss explains the problems.
The boss turned up at 17.00 to see how Steve was doing. The boiler was in and working. The vent and waste pipe were connected. But it was not all finished.

Steve called it a day at 19.00 and said that he would be back either Saturday or Monday, I said Monday would suit me better as I was going up to Warwickshire on Saturday morning.
With that he left. But at least I now had heat, he showed me how to use the thermostat. Hot water was bloomin’ hot out of the tap.

Saturday morning and as nobody had phoned or turned up by 10.00. I got the Bear loaded up and set off for Warwickshire. At about 13.30 my mobile was ringing, so I pulled into a lay by and phoned back, it was the office of the plumbers. They told me that the plumber was outside and could I let him in. I then politely explained as no one had contacted me I had left. Could I pop back, I explained I was 200 miles away.
So Monday the plumber would be back.

onen hag oll
Old 12th February 2019, 14:55   #278
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Heat at last...................

.................................... no need to use my electric radiator anymore, but i’ll Not get rid. You never know when it might be needed again.

Waited till 09.30 on Monday before I phoned the office to find out when the plumber would be back. Be about Noon was the reply. Steve came back at 10.30, he was working on another job around the corner and had just popped in on the off chance I was at home. He had no idea I had phoned the office.
Still he was here.

The waste pipe was now securely connected to the wall. The panel covering the pipes under the boiler was re-fitted but not very well, I expect Allen will put that right for me.
Steve cleaned up and went round with his vacuum cleaner. Collected the ladder plus all the bits and left.

So now I had heat and could get my washing dried.

Tuesday saw me do 3 lots of washing. And I went shopping via the tyre shop to get Banana’s tracking done. (New track Rod ends fitted). She broke down there, but I got her restarted ok. Went to Tesco’s at Callington and she ran sweet all the way. Done my shopping, jumped in and again she refused to start. Left it for a few minutes and we was away again.
Dropped into the butchers on the way home. Terrific deals to be done, bought enough meat to last me almost a month and cost less than £40. Well happy with that, we’ll i was happy till Banana stalled and would not restart.

A very nice lady helped me push her out of the way. I waited a few minutes but she refused to fire. Was about to give up and call recovery. Tried once more and she fired. Got her home and unloaded the shopping. Put everything away and phoned the garage. Tried not to be angry with them but I think they knew I was a bit miffed off. So back in on Thursday she goes.

Got all the washing on the clothes horse, was going to hang it out but it’s raining.

Still not going back.........................

onen hag oll
Old 25th February 2019, 11:02   #279
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Hopefully I’m not to blame................

..................................... or has my reputation gone before me again.

Before Xmas my neighbour at No.5 moved out, and now my other neighbour at 5A is moving out on Thursday. She has been there for 6 years but she needs to move as her two boys are growing up fast and need there own rooms. It’s like mine just two bedrooms.

Had a heated disagreement with another neighbour who complained about Allen’s car being parked in the road, Allen is on holiday. I politely pointed out that it was a public road and the car was legally able to park there, if the neighbour would like to check on the internet he would find that “Leafy” was taxed, insured and MOT’d. So not cause anymore grief I swapped “Leafy” over with “Redfive”. I do use her more than the others. I have used Allen’s car a few times on local trips.

Banana is waiting to go into the paint shop and seems to resent my plan of retiring her. She broke down yesterday but thanks to the recovery company and Matt’s work she is now home, under her own power. I’ve spent a few bob on her this year already.
Seems that the “Bear” will be going to a new home in the next few months. Had a chat with a chap North of the border who wants her.
Once she is sold then “Redfive” will also be sold. I will not be travelling back to London much now. So once MOT’d she will be sold.

I’ll go back to my original of just keeping Banana for shows and then just get a runaround for shopping and the occasional trip up to London. Mind you I had that plan back in 2015, so I bought a 400 bhp V8. Well, it used to runaround between petrol stations.

Once Allen is home I’ll get on with revamping the back garden, I need Allen to bring his chain saw round. I’m not allowed to use it, already had a go at killing myself with the hedge trimmer. The rebuilding of the garden will keep me busy and keep me entertained. And no doubt I’ll help Allen out with work on his boats. Plus I’ll going up to Matt’s to assist on the breaking up “my” other car. Yes I have bought half a share in a 75 Tourer 1.8t. The parts that I want will be mainly the engine plus a few other bits. The car is too far gone underneath to repair otherwise Matt would get it back onto the road.

Helped Matt once before to dismantle a ZT. Really enjoyed mucking in. Fascinated by what holds our cars together, so many plastic clips and pegs.

So all in all life is still great down here.
The only time I will be going back to London permantly is when they carry me out in a box, so I can be with my Val back in North London. But no plans to go that way yet, we’ll hopefully not.

Many thanks for reading.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 25th February 2019 at 11:04.. Reason: Rearranging words.
Old 26th February 2019, 08:24   #280
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Punishment for bad mouthing.................

................................... in my day was being sent to bed early, pocket money suspended and if really bad a smacked behind.

I got a note pushed through my letter box last week from my neighbour who is moving, although she denies writing it and blaming her cousin. Basically it said that a council lorry was turning up on Tuesday 26th Feb at 07.00 to collect large items of rubbish. ((At the time of the note I had no idea she was moving)). That had to come out at the back of the house to the lorry at the front. So the parking area needed to be clear.

I took this that they wanted Banana moved so that the truck could get in.
But on Monday this week. My neighbour with the help of family members started shifting large bits of furniture out by either the front door or from around the back. No one knocked on the door and asked to move the car, so I did not bother.
I spent most of the day on the phone sorting out the Multi deal on the car insurance. That also gave me time to sort out paperwork and get the shredder working.

I even changed the sheets and quilt cover on the bed and put some washing on.
I stood by my patio doors whilst on the phone and looking at me from the alleyway was this young lad, I could see his mouth moving but was unable to hear him. Finished with the phone call I opened the door and met with a torrent of abuse from this lad.
He went into one saying how they had to struggle with the furniture as I would not move my heap of old junk, who in their right mind would have a yellow foreign car. Every other word was foul.

I shut the back door and went around into the alley with the note, that was asking me to move my car for Tuesday. When I reached the lad his dad was there, he had come out to see why his son was shouting. I handed them both the note whilst the son started going on about me not moving the car. Dad said he knew nothing about the note but shut his son up.
I asked them both to follow me to the front door where I calmly, on the outside, said all you had to do was knock on the door and ask me to move the car.
This I would have done without any problem.

The son stormed off leaving his dad to apologise to me, I said I rather your son apologised but hey ho never mind. Did he want the car moved? No was the reply.
With that I went back indoors to calm down.
About 30 minutes later there was a knock at the door, I opened the door and there stood the lads dad who came to apologise again about his sons behaviour. He made no excuse why he had sounded off but his dad assured me his son would be serverely punished when he got home. I casually asked what this punishment would be and his dad replied, “He’ll have his Wi-fi allowance for the evening suspended”.

And they call that progress in teaching children to behave better.

So last night I moved Banana across the road to be with Redfive, that should upset that neighbour even more. It was them who moaned about Allen’s being parked there.
And this morning we are still waiting for this council lorry to turn up, time now is 08.22.
So in awhile I take ole Yella for a run and park her back in her spot.

Now feeling calmer I have shared this with you all.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 26th February 2019 at 08:26.. Reason: Found the missing letters for the words