Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th June 2020, 13:46   #1
c-j2
Regular poster

MG ZT-T Diesel

Default Non-MG - Recommendations for stop/start EFB battery

Hi folks,
Caution - non-MG content - hope ok...Always been grateful for the good advice here so hope that someone can help...

My non MG annoyingly has stop start (which myself and the previous owner disable each trip) - and therefore an Enhanced Floating Battery (EFB). Despite this, at 6 years old the battery is showing signs of failing. £100-£150 to replace!

Maybe 6 years is considered decent these days - however my previous standard batteries in MGs etc have lasted 10-16 years! Bosch and Varta.

Any recommended makes that perform well in EFB guise? Having usually bought from Tayna, this time I'm considering a Halfords one mainly due to the 5year warranty, and hopefully easy of return - and partly as I think they are/were actually made by Yuasa? (Is that latter bit correct?)

Anyone with experience/understanding of these EFB batteries, advice much appreciated on which should have the best life.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by c-j2; 13th June 2020 at 13:49.. Reason: More info
c-j2 is offline   Reply With Quote