Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th July 2007, 12:00   #1
Dave***t
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ 180 SE

Default Alpine KCA 420i problem, ideas?

I've been using the Alpine ipod adaptor with my Alpine head unit with no problems for a while now. But in the past couple of days it's been on the blink. Most of the time it refuses to work, with 'searching' displayed indefinately on the h/u screen and/or 'no ipod' coming up.

Also, the ipod itself is showing a tick and 'ok to disconnect' rather than the usual Alpine logo, although it looks like the usual screen keeps trying to appear, just to be immediately replaced by the tick screen.

I've tried unplugging the leads and plugging them back in again as I thought it might just be a loose connection, but this hasn'#t cured it.

Any ideas?

TIA!
Old 25th July 2007, 07:05   #2
Dave***t
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ 180 SE

Well, just for posterity and anyone who might be searching for similar info in the future, I managed to fix the problem.

There's a programme called ephpod that allows you to back up the songs on your ipod (there are probably others, but that's the one I used). Backed all the songs up, then used the 'Restore' function in iTunes, which formats the ipod and resets everything. Put all the songs back on the ipod and hey presto.

Magic.