Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th December 2018, 09:28   #9471
kelvo
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Removed the front scuttle panel so it could be painted, cleaned the crud from the front window screen below the scuttle panel once removed, added a interior pull to the drives side.

Washed all three it will most likely be the MGZT last wash in my ownership, as my son is having it now I have my tourer.

also added some aquarium filter sponge to stop the leaves etc getting into the plenums.

Scuttle painted and back in place

Then the NUK was finally washed

Tomorrow I will take the four spare star spokes to be refurbished
I painted the scuttle panel, wiper arms and plenum covers on mine a while back and it makes a lot of difference - decided to use paint as these 'back to black' type products don't seem to last too long before they fade again. Surprising how much muck accumulates under them so i did spend a while cleaning it all up before putting them back, including removing all the cobwebs.

Gave it a good wash yesterday as it deserved it after spending the last couple of weeks sulking in the garage. Want to try and get the sills and wheel arches done with anti-corrosion wax so hopefully if it's not too cold and wet over Christmas will be able to get that done before salt goes down on the road.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 14:01   #9472
trikey
Premium Trader

T4

Thanked 6,481 Times in 3,904 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Well seeing as it's you, and the temperature outside is only -2 centigrade, what about the new coffee table ornaments ??

We couldn't have the scrapmen taking away such valuable spare parts now

Sorry Mark, they are both intact (despite Trikey's best efforts) but only one is the right colour though

Brian

Oi! I resemble that remark.
Old 10th December 2018, 14:17   #9473
gadget1960
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Did the 'bonnet pull mod' today although all seemed to be spot-on anyway, but thought I would take the forum's advice and 'future proof' it ... just in case, lubed the cables and bonnet catches too.
Also thought I would have a go at the plenum cleaning job, got it all apart and as predicted ... actual drain hole was blocked with what looked like 14 years of a fine powdery mud, not a single leaf or twig in sight!! was quite surprised tbh. As a member suggested, I used a 15mm plumbers bending spring and just carefully twisted and pushed it through a couple of times.
Clean as a whistle now. Thought I would go OTT and completely cover everything under the scuttle covers with a good healthy dose of WD40, then give the wiper mechanism pivot points a dab of grease.
All back together now ... on to the next job!
gadget1960 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2018, 17:02   #9474
Ched
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + MG ZT 190+ MG ZR TD. MG TF 135

Washed and polished the zt then took her for an mot, .........and she passed. 🙂🙂
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote