Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th January 2016, 08:09   #4471
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Drive

Well, drove to friends in Kirkcaldy, virtually skied across the M8 to pick up my son from Glasgow Airport. Roads were bad on way there to say least. Then parked her inside (obviously!) used the ski hatch for ........skis,
got ripped off for £10 parking as his flight was late.
Journey home not so bad....but £10 for parking

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 14:08   #4472
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Well, drove to friends in Kirkcaldy, virtually skied across the M8 to pick up my son from Glasgow Airport. Roads were bad on way there to say least. Then parked her inside (obviously!) used the ski hatch for ........skis,
got ripped off for £10 parking as his flight was late.
Journey home not so bad....but £10 for parking

Chris
I use the free App "Flightstats.com" on my phone to monitor a flight -

Just put in the airline and flight number and it gives you real time map of where the plane is and when it has landed. One of the best apps ever. Saves an awful lot of grief when meeting people at airports.

If no luggage go in 20 to 30 min after landing. If who you are meeting has luggage then allow 45 min to an hour before going in. A bit more if meeting at a busy time.

If early I wait in the drop off bit in an out of the way section then pop round to arrivals. Most times my family/friends text me when landed and we agree I stay in the departure drop of zone and they come up (or down) to meet me.

That way no parking charges incurred apart from those airports that charge you even just to go in!

Bournemouth does this as so we now try to avoid flying from there - which is not difficult as they seem to be loosing airlines/services

They lost Royal Mail and end of last year FlyBe gave notice that it was was quitting Bournemouth Airport.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 14:51   #4473
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
That way no parking charges incurred apart from those airports that charge you even just to go in!

Bournemouth does this as so we now try to avoid flying from there - which is not difficult as they seem to be loosing airlines/services

They lost Royal Mail and end of last year FlyBe gave notice that it was was quitting Bournemouth Airport.
That's the spirit.

Every now and again I get to fill in a questionnaire whilst waiting for flights, and if they have parking charges for pick ups everything else on it is ignored and I give them a long written lecture on why the grabbing bar stewards shouldn't. .
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 18:25   #4474
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

It's not why I done, or even done today, but I had my new front suspension arms, rear back plates and handbrakes shoes/fitting kit fitted.
I had repainted the back plates prior to having them fitted so it adds a bit of colour in the wheel arches.
The car feels so much smoother and quieter now the arms have been replaced.

Rob

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 17:38   #4475
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Had a dark oak dash delivered that I bought on eBay whilst I was away so I fitted it today...interior looks a lot better and not so grey lol

It was quite a fiddle of a job but well worth the effort.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 17:41   #4476
peelaaa
Posted a thing or two

75 cdti 2004 contemporary

Cut and soldered the airbag connector wires under driver seat. Hey presto, no warning light on dash.
peelaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 18:31   #4477
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Did my long drive today after fitting of inline thermo, for the 1st time since i bought it temp gauge on 9 o'clock. Can someone tell me how to do temp check on reset button.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 20:46   #4478
Harmie
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
The Mirror Adjustment on the Driver's Door had stopped working the last few times I had tried to use it, (the usual problem) so I just opened up the unit, sprayed the working and contact areas liberally with IPA followed by blowing with one of those cans of compressed air you can get until dry, put it all back together and it all works perfectly! No rubbing or physical contact needed with the delicate pc-board.

Happy-Chappy once more...
Sounds good, both of mine have sized up how did you take apart to expose the mechanism please. Regards Peter
Old 18th January 2016, 20:55   #4479
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

04 MG ZT+ 190 XPG & 99 (T) Dealer Launch 75 V6 Connie Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
Did my long drive today after fitting of inline thermo, for the 1st time since i bought it temp gauge on 9 o'clock. Can someone tell me how to do temp check on reset button.
Youtube video by rich17865 HERE

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
daznkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 21:12   #4480
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Ordered two nice new genuine Rover Brown/Red Sport comfort springs for the ZT,

So that's, two new rear springs, one S/H front spring fitted temporarily, then other side spring has broken, under the stewardship of a third party.

Not bad when you consider the car has now covered a whopping seventy two miles since a clean pass MOT.

I have to say as soon as the new springs are fitted, it's going the journey, I really can't be bothered lying under cars at this time of year

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote