Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th October 2010, 11:05   #101
peelaaa
Posted a thing or two

75 cdti 2004 contemporary

I'm interested in this new thermostat and kit when it comes available.
Could be a good time to fit before the winter hits hard.
peelaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 16:00   #102
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossocorsa View Post
been pondering this one I'm no convinced that the position of the stat is correct the only bleed would seem to be from the heater circuit which will be closed in warm weather and I am not sure a hole in the stat is good enough perhaps someone more expert (Jules??) can study the diagram?
The heater matrix is in circuit and open to flow winter or summer, heating set for hot or cold. The temperature of the air is set by air mixing flaps on all cars these days. Only the really old cars had a manually controlled valve under the bonnet to turn the water flow on and off, except I had one Vauxall which had a rather odd system of cabin temperature sensing, mechanically (bulb and mercury filled pipe) feeding back to a flow control valve. I never could get that to work properly.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 20:39   #103
r44712
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 135 & ZR+ 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Incensed View Post
To confirm the actual coolant temperature in your engine use the thread about onboard diagnostics....Hope this helps
I've used the above and which has leads me to ask what's the average expected running temp? I've heard 88 and 92 banded about - what's the stat rated at? Mine runs at 72degC and if I push the engine, it'll max-out at 77degC.

The running temperatures have been taken from the dash OBD.
r44712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 20:55   #104
Matt1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r44712 View Post
I've used the above and which has leads me to ask what's the average expected running temp? I've heard 88 and 92 banded about - what's the stat rated at? Mine runs at 72degC and if I push the engine, it'll max-out at 77degC.

The stat is rated at 88c and when working properly seems to do a good job of maintaining the collant at that temp.
Your readings are in common with a failing stat.
Matt
Matt1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 21:14   #105
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r44712 View Post

The properly working stat is rated at 88 deg C. Mine was reading 82, new car to me, so I decided to get it swapped out for a new one. It now runs at around 88 and seems to have made some small difference to the mpg. I think with a new stat you will definately see an improvement in mpg and better heat into the cab.

It might be worth waiting to see how this easy fit aftermarket stat works out longer term, before tackling the much more difficult job of fitting an OEM type.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 10:36   #106
flyer_phil
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Classic, 2003, Moonstone

Default housing plus stat

I just tried to email meziere enterprizes using the email address
[email protected], to request the cost of a housing plus stat shipped to the UK - but the email was rejected.

?????
flyer_phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 10:41   #107
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default In Line Stat

I have done all ordering on [email protected] with no problems. Don't forget to ask for 1 1/2" inlet and 1 1/4" outlet. The costs are much less than the cost of replacing the original stat and from there on the thermostat itself costs about eight dollars! So order a spare. I paid via Paypal.

Last edited by wuzerk; 21st October 2010 at 11:07..
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 10:57   #108
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Is it worth getting a few kits ordered for members who are interested? Save on p+p?

Or when do you expect to make them available Jules?

Cheers,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 13:40   #109
flyer_phil
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Classic, 2003, Moonstone

Ok Frederick.

As a matter of interest how much did they charge you for a housing plus stat shipped to the UK in dollars??

It seems the way to go, since to replace the original is such an awful costly job
flyer_phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 16:05   #110
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default In line stat

Paypals record shows 112.02 dollars. this was for the housing plus 3 stats. The conversion was done by Paypal and I think it was about £76.
I also had to pay £12.00 VAT when it arrived. Well worth it in my opinion and I have still had no problems with the installation. The postage alone was around 29 dollars! The warm up time is obviously quicker than before although the system still struggles to reach 90 C but with the heater on 'ECON'
and the air flow on 'feet and screen' I can feel the warmth within 1/2 a mile and my feet are toasty within two miles. That was after scraping the ice off the windscreen this morning.

Last edited by wuzerk; 21st October 2010 at 16:14..
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote