Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st July 2015, 20:55   #1
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts
Default This Should Be Fun.....

Just a thought. When you see the wallies at the petrol station trying their best to make the petrol pump hose reach their car 10 yards away, or mounting the kerb adjacent to the fuel pump plinth, talking on their phone whilst filling up, smoking on the forecourt amongst many other panto acts, here is another one to think about. How would they cope with this.....
http://www.shell.co.uk/motorist/shel...XJ2aWNlLmh0bWw

Good luck everybody!
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2015, 21:01   #2
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts
Default Dilemma

And the 1% of Concientious users wondering if it's OK to use their mobile phone on the forecourt to scan the QR code.

The ones that make me scratch my head are the small cars that wait for a pump 'the right side' so they don't have to reach the hose around . I simply don't care which side the pump is, which makes filling up speedier.

Check your PMs by the way (Cardinal) - I know you've been busy with all this ordination stuff but one might think that one is being ignored...

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 08:00   #3
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

One doesn't care if one is being ignored by a member of the popish mafia queen Elizabeth and Lord Sydney had the right idea methinksbut in this century of tolerance for all as long as they stay within their own field and keep it in the social section that's OK with me. The cardinal bird is native to north and south Americas large beak and seed eaters, maybe a offering might attract the cardinal? Avulon joking aside I know the gentleman can be very busy and will be back to you soon I,M sure
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 08:58   #4
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

I'm sure he will, I'm just too lazy to send him a txt.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:44   #5
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

I'm one of those who sits & waits for a pump on the correct side as I don't want the hose touching the paintwork !
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:52   #6
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
Just a thought. When you see the wallies at the petrol station trying their best to make the petrol pump hose reach their car 10 yards away, or mounting the kerb adjacent to the fuel pump plinth, talking on their phone whilst filling up, smoking on the forecourt amongst many other panto acts, here is another one to think about. How would they cope with this.....
http://www.shell.co.uk/motorist/shel...XJ2aWNlLmh0bWw

Good luck everybody!
Also, there are 2 other reasons for running on Shell - Both are important !

1, Roger runs noticeably better on Shell, their product has an edge that others don't seem to give.
2, There is a stunning lovely girly who works there too !
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:48   #7
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Back to the OP, just take a look at the instructions! (Once you've downloaded the 'App' to your phone, which doubtless will be some huge bloated slug of a piece of software).
Quote:
When you next want to fill up at a Shell station, simply drive into the forecourt and stop at your selected pump:
  • From inside your car, open the Shell Motorist app and tap “Fill Up & Go”
  • Once the service starts, choose how much you want to spend – from £20 to £150.
  • Stay in your car and scan the QR code displayed at the pump.
  • The app will activate the pump and you’re ready to refill.
Translates too:

• Spend 2 minutes fishing around under the drivers seat to retrieve the phone hastily dropped when you saw a police car (which actually turned out to be a paramedic). Now search around 6 screens of apps you never use to find the one with the Shell logo (now what did it look like again - check out window craning neck. Finally start the app and tap 'fill up and go' - while getting the first beep from the driver impatiently waiting behind you wondering if you are ever going to start filling up.
  • Fish out your reading glasses from briefcase and change your specs. Chew you thumbnail wondering how much to put in the car - after waking the screen up because it went to sleep while you changed your specs. - get beeped at by frustrated driver waiting in line. Decide how much you want to spend and get stressed.
  • Realise that you've pulled too far forward and can't see the QR code from the driver seat as it's behind the nearside 'B' pillar, start engine and reverse back a foot - get beeped at by driver behind.... After third go QR code is recognised - once you remember to turn off the camera flash
  • Finally emerge from car and stand waiting for pump to activate. drumming fingers on roof of car - glance apologetically at driver behind - who doesn't beep but is going a strange shade of crimson.
  • Start filling up - pump cuts out after £20 but you could have sworn you said £60. Get back in car and drive away too embarrased to start it all again and go to a BP where they have cashiers or a station with automated card pumps.....
  • Celebrate the 20 minutes of your life you'll never get back....

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do: