Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th February 2020, 22:08   #1
flyhellas

Rover 75 Saloon

Default CDTI to CDT tech transfer possible?

Hi folks.
Sadly I have recently had to give up on my trusty 2.0 Manual 52 CDTI Connoisseur due to further gearbox/transmission issues.
So I've bought myself a little less luxurious Rover 75, a 2.0 52plate CDT.
Already missing the heated leather seats and all the other luxuries of my Conn.

So I've been reading and reading through the forums to see if I could switch the cruise control from one to the other. I've checked in my 'new' one and the wires all look there as do the switches even behind the clutch & brake pedal.

One thing I do miss is having the range & mpg on the screen of my Connoisseur whenever I wanted to get a rough idea of how much range I had left and rough mpg.
Obviously the clocks on this CDT I have just bought have none of that info, just all the warning lights that you'd usually get with a run of the mill one.
So my mad thinking is could I transfer the instrument panel from my CDTI and get the range and all that on the screen in my CDT?

Want to try and swap as much stuff over as possible.

Any other tips and suggestions would be welcome as always folks.
Wanting to keep my 75 going for as long as possible this being my 4th year of having one 😊
flyhellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2020, 23:36   #2
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhellas View Post
Hi folks.
Sadly I have recently had to give up on my trusty 2.0 Manual 52 CDTI Connoisseur due to further gearbox/transmission issues.
So I've bought myself a little less luxurious Rover 75, a 2.0 52plate CDT.
Already missing the heated leather seats and all the other luxuries of my Conn.

So I've been reading and reading through the forums to see if I could switch the cruise control from one to the other. I've checked in my 'new' one and the wires all look there as do the switches even behind the clutch & brake pedal.

One thing I do miss is having the range & mpg on the screen of my Connoisseur whenever I wanted to get a rough idea of how much range I had left and rough mpg.
Obviously the clocks on this CDT I have just bought have none of that info, just all the warning lights that you'd usually get with a run of the mill one.
So my mad thinking is could I transfer the instrument panel from my CDTI and get the range and all that on the screen in my CDT?

Want to try and swap as much stuff over as possible.

Any other tips and suggestions would be welcome as always folks.
Wanting to keep my 75 going for as long as possible this being my 4th year of having one 😊
Hi Jonathan.
Most of it can be swapped over if not all, some items will be plug & play if wiring is present, as far as the IPK instrument panel you can get it virginised & then fitted to your car via a T4

Type on here what you want to do and you should get the advice or help you need, check under the seats to see if wiring is there to transfer over the CDTi seats.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2020, 08:56   #3
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Two options, the chip with the car’s identify etc within the instrument pack (IPK) can be transferred from one to the other. Unless you can solder EEPROM chips, you’d have to send the two IPKs away to someone like BigRuss or perhaps Ricksta. This is the correct procedure, and probably not as expensive as you fear, I'd suggest this as a first option.

Another is to do what I did, take the instrument pack which displays the trip computer + the stalk (the one you press to cycle through) + the light switch module (LSM) and everything will work as you desire. One drawback is that your new car will display the same mileage as the old one (it’s the same instrument pack). This is the miles from anyone knowledgeable with a T4 procedure, like in my location.

Think I’ve read you can swop all the cruise control bits to the new car and most stuff will work except perhaps the resume function as this requires it to be set up properly on the Rover T4 computer.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2020, 09:54   #4
flyhellas

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Jonathan.
Most of it can be swapped over if not all, some items will be plug & play if wiring is present, as far as the IPK instrument panel you can get it virginised & then fitted to your car via a T4

Type on here what you want to do and you should get the advice or help you need, check under the seats to see if wiring is there to transfer over the CDTi seats.
Hi Arctic

Thanks for that, the only thing that caused my question was when I went to transfer the climate control from my Conn to this new CDT, it is the old knobs to adjust the temperature and fan speed which made me wonder whether the wiring for everything else is there.
Under the seats of my CDT I can't see or feel any other wires, or under the carpet, other than the main one for the airbag sensor.

I'd like to do that with the IPK to swap it over. Where'd be the best place to get that done with the T4?

Not so fussed about the heated seats to be honest, main thing I'm looking to transfer is Cruise control and the IPK.
😊
Thanks
Jonathan
flyhellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2020, 11:09   #5
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

If you have converted your new car to climate control then you know your way round these motors - it is a fair amount of work.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote