Notices

Old 14th May 2024, 04:20   #174411
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
That sounds like you have a few problems having to deal with Phil, I hope things are better next time you post here.

Good morning Richard, thank you.
U
I can’t complain really given what you and others have been through. My health problems I learn to live with, one thing gets better then something new comes along.

Yesterday the surgeon said my scan results were very good and he does not need to see me for 2 years, unless I have any pain or symptoms then he will see me sooner.

After that, we had lunch in the hospital dining room. Lunch was very basic, fries…cake…coffee ….all bad, but it kept us going.

Then we had physio for 2 hours to strengthen legs and back.

This was followed by a trip to the supermarket to carry out essential grocery shopping.

Then home and crackered, so R&R…..

Some photos from the day and from the hospital gym. Physio had me on each machine for 15 minutes and on the exercise bike - the target heart rate is 100-120 for the cardiac work out. We go the gym once a week and it is helping. It has certainly improved my walking and boosted my self confidence.

Sometimes I see the people with amputations practicing walking in the gym with their new legs and think how lucky I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 14th May 2024 at 04:46..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2024, 04:32   #174412
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Default The Chill Out Zone

Quote:
I think my overall mood has improved since, I stopped reading the forum completely.
I went to the dr about 3 weeks ago this coming Friday and he increased my daily depression pills per day, and a few things got me a bit down, but nothing as I have been in last couple of months.
The DVLA still haven’t send my driving licence so until it comes I can’t insure or send van for service and mot.

Good morning Richard, it’s good news you are receiving help with your depression.

Please don’t be hard on yourself as you have been struggling with your health for nearly 3 years since your accident.

You have done very well with the help of Fiona and the doctors to get you where you are today and you are nearly there. Always keep a plan for the future, something to work towards to.

You mentioned about taking Graham and going on a drive with him, he is a good lad and a great friend to you.

Do have a break from the forum, I am sorry if some of the miserable so and so’s got to you, rise above them. Sometimes their complaining is laughable and entertaining. I don’t think they mean any harm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 14th May 2024 at 04:34..
Old 14th May 2024, 04:49   #174413
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Good morning all,

Lots of food and pet photos, thanks guys

What is everyone up to?
Old 14th May 2024, 07:22   #174414
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, it's grey & chucking it down here.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2024, 11:49   #174415
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
I think my overall mood has improved since, I stopped reading the forum completely.
I went to the dr about 3 weeks ago this coming Friday and he increased my daily depression pills per day, and a few things got me a bit down, but nothing as I have been in last couple of months.
The DVLA still haven’t send my driving licence so until it comes I can’t insure or send van for service and mot.
More hassle today, I have to fill in a questionnaire and re fill in the dr and consultants who have been in charge with me.
It has to be sent an arrived in 14 days or I will get the licence removed for future .
Also I can’t get an appointment to see the corneal drs until the start of August, so that means no going on holiday for summer until I get a date for appointment.. It also means I still can’t go back to work when I will need to take more time off after operation is done.

Last edited by RPWC; 14th May 2024 at 11:52..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2024, 12:36   #174416
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Yeah, had it for must be 40 years (if not longer), got it not long after starting on the railway and that was way back in 1980. I was looking at new machines online and was surprised you can replace the cloth or “blind” as they call it. I have one of the more basic gizmos . . . . somewhere in amongst the cr@p in the garage! Looked earlier but no idea where it might be.
I recently bought the GERMANUS model from Amazon, a bit pricey at £9.99, but much better finish/quality than cheaper versions.

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2024, 13:42   #174417
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
More hassle today, I have to fill in a questionnaire and re fill in the dr and consultants who have been in charge with me.
It has to be sent an arrived in 14 days or I will get the licence removed for future .
Also I can’t get an appointment to see the corneal drs until the start of August, so that means no going on holiday for summer until I get a date for appointment.. It also means I still can’t go back to work when I will need to take more time off after operation is done.

All this red tape is a burger Rich, I hope they can get their ducks in a row ASAP for you mate so you can get on with your life.

Old 14th May 2024, 13:57   #174418
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Blimey! I've had my orders from SWMBO to get the stairs de-cat haired & living room cleaned, hoovered & polished before the stairlift guys arrive tomorrow & oh! don't forget to take the bannister rail down & move the cabinet at the top of the stairs.

Boy has this rain brought out the slugs & snails i've removed a dozen in less than five minutes.

I've finished & retired to the garden as it's stopped raining for some peace & quiet with a cold apple juice

@roverbarmy No roses out here yet but who knew how bootiful the humble sage plant was in flower just brushing past the leaves smells divine & I noticed the first tomato has set fruit on one of the greenhouse tomato plants.

Old 14th May 2024, 14:37   #174419
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
All this red tape is a burger Rich, I hope they can get their ducks in a row ASAP for you mate so you can get on with your life.
Yeah but no good chance for now, never is.
Old 14th May 2024, 17:22   #174420
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

I made creamy Dijon chicken with new pots, carrots & peas & it was bootiful if I say so meself.
I got a pack of mini breast fillets off the reduced shelf at ASDA for £2.30 , other ingredients are spinach, cream, garlic, onion, leek, grated cheese, bacon, Dijon mustard & some herbs.