Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd July 2010, 17:13   #1
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts
Default Oem Hiline upgrade to BMW widescreen

Hoping somebody can answer a query I've got.

I'm in the process of replacing the four major units of the hiline.

Fitted a BM24 radio all well - gives a lot more control via the 4:3 bordmonitor to select the TP station you receive, plus could turn on/off, via the TP and RDS buttons the traffic and station display.

Just connected the 16:9 bord monitor I've bought, no TP or RDS button - guess it's the INFO button that would be used but pressing it doesn't do anything. Therefore cannot turn off the TP announcements, disable/enable the RDS function or select the station that the traffic announcements is received from. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm guessing I've been sold a pup but would love confirmation.

Regards
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:59   #2
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

No you haven't been sold a pup
The satnav software needs downgrading and then upgrading and all the buttons will work correctly. Its a common problem for people who have changed screen.
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:08   #3
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

See attached for info
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=button&page=4

Drop us a pm if you are struggling to get hold of the software
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:54   #4
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN190 View Post
No you haven't been sold a pup
The satnav software needs downgrading and then upgrading and all the buttons will work correctly. Its a common problem for people who have changed screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN190 View Post
See attached for info
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=button&page=4

Drop us a pm if you are struggling to get hold of the software
Thanks for the information - might well hold you to the kind offer

After reading the linked thread would mention that the select button on the widescreen monitor is working as it should - it's just the INFO button that's doing nothing - would still using the MGR cd sat nav computer have a baring on the matter, not upgraded to DVD mk 4 yet.

Regards
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 20:08   #5
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post

After reading the linked thread would mention that the select button on the widescreen monitor is working as it should - it's just the INFO button that's doing nothing - would still using the MGR cd sat nav computer have a baring on the matter, not upgraded to DVD mk 4 yet.

Regards
Sorry can't answer that as I did the upgrade the other way round.
MGR units are mostly locked down so unlikely you will be able upgrade the software to find out.
Old 15th January 2021, 14:58   #6
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Apologies for thread resurrection, but I'm recycling.

I have just installed a widescreen monitor in my ZT and find I have this problem with not being able to select traffic announcement etc.

I have a Mk4 DVD drive, which I think has v28 software on it plus a MG splash screen.

Reading through the links in this post, is it still the case of needing to revert to an older version of software and then reinstall the latest version?

If I get a v32 disc and install this, will it affect the splash screen that I have?
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2021, 00:11   #7
Howard81
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Question

The latest version is v32, so if you’re on v28 then upgrading to this should sort the issues.

Some of the update images online and on eBay are heavily modified so I wouldn’t recommend using them, but you can download unmodified update images at: http://neiloakley.com/index.html

However this will have the ==BMW== logo on boot. You can change this on Navtweak. Instructions at the link below, but basically keep the resolution the same as the original 400x234, 256-colour and saved as a BMP. I’ve just made a Rover logo one for mine, but scaled for the original 4x3 Bordmonitor. If you get stuck let me know as I only worked this all out a couple of weeks ago so it’s quite fresh in my mind so could knock up an MG logo screen if you wish

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...start-up.2982/

Last edited by Howard81; 8th February 2021 at 13:19..
Howard81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2021, 19:34   #8
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
Apologies for thread resurrection, but I'm recycling.

I have just installed a widescreen monitor in my ZT and find I have this problem with not being able to select traffic announcement etc.

I have a Mk4 DVD drive, which I think has v28 software on it plus a MG splash screen.

Reading through the links in this post, is it still the case of needing to revert to an older version of software and then reinstall the latest version?

If I get a v32 disc and install this, will it affect the splash screen that I have?
Do you have the BM54 amp too? Mk4 won’t work fully without it
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2021, 01:15   #9
Howard81
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
The BMW MK4 navigation computer is a direct swap for the Rover unit and will work fine with the existing Highline kit as-is.

If you upgrade to the widescreen Bordmonitor, although the cassette version is plug-and-play, the CD and MiniDisc versions do require the BM54 to function.
Howard81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2021, 10:47   #10
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard81 View Post
The latest version is v32, so if you’re on v28 then upgrading to this should sort the issues.

Some of the update images online and on eBay are heavily modified so I wouldn’t recommend using them, but you can download unmodified update images at: http://neiloakley.com/index.html

However this will have the ==BMW== logo on boot. You can change this on Navtweak. Instructions at the link below, but basically keep the resolution the same as the original 400x234, 256-colour and saved as a BMP. I’ve just made a Rover logo one for mine, but scaled for the original 4x3 Bordmonitor. If you get stuck let me know as I only worked this all out a couple of weeks ago so it’s quite fresh in my mind so could knock up an MG logo screen if you wish

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...start-up.2982/
Thanks might take you up on that. I do have a spare Mk4 drive with a BMW screen that I can practice on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
I have the BM24 and Mk4 sat nav drive and everything worked ok with that, it's just changing to the wide-screen (tape player version) that some of the function buttons don't work.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote