Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st May 2024, 16:09   #1
Zeth4500

MG ZT 190

Default Clutch problem returned after 3 months

Im not sure where to post this, but it goes here. I just wanted to explain my situation, - i have put about 4000 euros into my MG ZT 190 2.5 V6, bought it at about 1500 euros long back with loads of problems. Water getting into cabin. Hardened steel parts holding the car together that was cut apart and welded directly on and probably worse ive forgotten.
1.5 years later, i go for a evening ride of about 30 kilometers, on my way back i become certain something is wrong with the clutch pedal, i have to press it deeper and deeper to switch gears. Ive had this before. This had my car towed 6 times back and forth to get repairs and guesses. It ended up costing me just 1000 euros, ..

One mechanic explained me i need new clutch plate and they will swap out that part inside gearbox that presses the clutch back out again as the springs on the clutch plate flattens over time with this particular car- for whatever reason. If i had my own workshop and could fix the clutch every 5 months - fine! But i cant, and the economic burden seems more like a failed investment and a heartbreak than anything.

Im taking off the plates and putting it up for sale. If anyone knows this problem and can tell me an easy fix, fire away. The master cylinder or whatever tied to the clutch right near the pedal was changed but that did nothing. It did work to change the clutch plate and the bearing inside. But now it went bad again, last time i had at least 2-3 days of worries before it finally wanted a break from my driving habits.

One thing: one of the mechanics trying for this attached a spring to pull the cluch back out again but this failed after 1-2 days where the problem got worse and the spring had no effect anymore, he realized this when i told him i could pull the clutch back by drawing the pedal backwards a bit.
Zeth4500 is offline   Reply With Quote