Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th October 2020, 10:36   #1
tourer
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Auto.

Default Battery coding.

Hi.
With a couple of other battery threads running at the moment, it has prompted me to seek the advice of the learned people, gurus and experts on this forum as well as anyone with a similar experience.
I apologise it is not 75/ZT related but concerns my wife's August 2017 MK8 new shape Fiesta.
Despite being only just out of warranty, the Exide EFB Stop-Start battery does not seem to be holding a respectable battery voltage even though it has been slow-charged several times with a CTEK charger. I have purchased a replacement Bosch battery from Costco (even better price than Tayna with a 15% off offer).
I have been advised by Steve Rothwell, the resident faults technician at Car Mechanics magazine, that the battery will need coding to the car to provide the correct charge rates. I have a dedicated BMW scanner that will provide this function for a BMW, but not the Ford. I have also been in contact with Gendan who provide a lot of FCRs and scanners, especially Foxwell. They cannot provide a scanner that will code the battery to that particular model of Fiesta (MK8 is still too new).
I have an aversion to main dealer prices, plus it seems impossible to get past the glossy reception, and then you have no idea what actually happens (or not) to your car once the keys have been handed over.
So, my question is, has any one else been in this position? Can an independent perform this function, any idea of costs, or can I actually buy my own scanner to perform this task? Plus, does it actually need doing?
All advice and experiences gratefully received.
tourer is offline   Reply With Quote