Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th May 2016, 15:45   #5321
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy.com View Post
Tested and checked ok...

https://youtu.be/lZMnmNDu-Rc

Wiring = 1 piggy back fuse in the EBFB and 1 flying blue lead each side to the + side of the indicator

The main beam projector is as my standard cat's eye, comes on with dipped beam, divert flap opens for main beam flash, you get main beam brightness without the dazzle until you flash the mains.
Main beam flash with lights off is full power with flap open (55W)
Look great Pete, much appreciated mate. Love the name you have come up with for them...Raptors. I await your invoice and look forward to getting them fitted.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 15:49   #5322
ianbstag
Loves to post

MG ZT 260 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
I'll just disconnect the ones on my bumper.
You could always put a switch in the fly lead to the indicators to disable the flash in the headlamp unit, and switch it off at MOT time, it'd save cutting the existing wiring loom.

I really like the drl indicator, it would be a shame to lose it just because of some obscure ruling deep in the legislation.
ianbstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 16:02   #5323
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbstag View Post
You could always put a switch in the fly lead to the indicators to disable the flash in the headlamp unit, and switch it off at MOT time, it'd save cutting the existing wiring loom.

I really like the drl indicator, it would be a shame to lose it just because of some obscure ruling deep in the legislation.
That's probably the solution that I'll go for if they are going to be total jobsworths and pick them up.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
Old 30th May 2016, 19:32   #5324
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
That's probably the solution that I'll go for if they are going to be total jobsworths and pick them up.
Invoice sent K

KL
Old 30th May 2016, 19:39   #5325
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy.com View Post
Invoice sent K

KL
Received and payment sent kind Sir.

Lee.

Old 30th May 2016, 21:42   #5326
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Dont think indicators will be fitted to vehicles for much longer. Nearly hit a learner driver who had an instructor by his side the other day. Driving up the road at around 25 mph, approaching what appeared to be a parked vehicle on my side of the road, car approaching from other direction, decided to indicate right and wait for car to pass then pulled out just as the idiot in the 'learner' car was allowed to pull out right under the front of my car. Screech of brakes, and brown stuff down back of seat, as the learner drove off with no indication that he was about to pull away from the gutter. Have they changed the rules now for when to use the indicators?
Old 30th May 2016, 21:47   #5327
ianbstag
Loves to post

MG ZT 260 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Have they changed the rules now for when to use the indicators?
I think they scrapped the idea of using indicators for BMW and Audi drivers.
ianbstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 13:07   #5328
muggerbee
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer (04),75 Saloon (04)

Quote:
During my last MOT on the 20th I had my heat shields removed as I was fed up of constantly reattaching the fixings.

I mentioned that I have a tourer donor car and I would get the one off that to put in its place but the mechanic said there's no point and to just leave it off cos makes no significant difference.

I have heard contradicting information regarding this such as if they weren't needed then as a cost cutting exercise during Project Drive they would have definitely been deleted.

However, as I have been advised by a reputable mechanic that is trusted then I will leave mine off.
Next time it falls off, it's staying off no need for it really without a heat producing cat just did wigan to the lakes and back and a run up to Dalton in Furness, first proper run after the decat and egr delete and it's a huge difference, seems to make the most of the 160 map, roll on times from about 2K revs seem amazing for such a heavy car

2004 Connie SE Tourer Cdti
muggerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 14:33   #5329
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggerbee View Post
Next time it falls off, it's staying off no need for it really without a heat producing cat just did wigan to the lakes and back and a run up to Dalton in Furness, first proper run after the decat and egr delete and it's a huge difference, seems to make the most of the 160 map, roll on times from about 2K revs seem amazing for such a heavy car
Once I finally get my bodywork sorted out as it's still a complete mess there won't be much left for me to do so I'll probably go for a decat...seems the way forward and I have done everything else so I might as well go the whole way. I needed a new exhaust last year so I had a quick off the shelf cat back one fitted so I'll give that a few more months use then go all the way and get a dummy cat stainless with a nicer looking tail pipe.

Lee.

Old 31st May 2016, 21:38   #5330
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbstag View Post
I think they scrapped the idea of using indicators for BMW and Audi drivers.
I think you are right in your assumption about those cars. mentioned