Old Lion by philip Gate Keeper, on Flickr
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2018, 16:25   #62
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Relax, I won't be posting up any snake photos today, but now for something much more pleasant and peaceful.
Hi Phil - the snakes! I like them very much! Post some photos, please! Please!!!

Quote:
Good morning Hristo, my apologies for overlooking your photos and the quality. I am guessing you have a nice camera and that you are at the top of the game - Photography
Thank you - I used recently my mobile. These with the storks especially I took from the Internet - they are with the new arrivals over here. Fresh
The black storks are rare here and it is not easy to take a photo with them. I know where they are - in the valley surrounded by forest. Spotted them just ones - unfortunately flew away quickly.
I have not time to take my own of the white storks - driving/working.

When on a hike/long trip I use Sony Nex 3N - very satisfied with the quality. Compact ones, lightweight. Their successors like alpha 6000 so on are even better. Worth every penny for shure.

Post some snakes, please
Dendroaspis Polylepis???

Last edited by hrissim; 20th March 2018 at 19:47..
hrissim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2018, 17:23   #63
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Old Lion Nairobi Game Park, Nikon 5000 in 2013
Old Lion by philip Gate Keeper, on Flickr
Nice Puddy Tat Phil........did you stroke him
Old 20th March 2018, 19:17   #64
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Lion sits on picnic table
Lion sits on picnic table by philip Gate Keeper, on Flickr

I think he had a wet nose Jeff, but what a spoil sport sitting on the picnic table with his mouth open
Old 20th March 2018, 19:42   #65
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrissim View Post
Hi Phil - the snakes! I like them very much! Post some photos, please! Please!!!

Thank you - I used recently my mobile. These with the storks especially I took from the Internet - they are with the new arrivals over here. Fresh
The black storks are rare here and it is not easy to take a photo with them. I know where they are - in the valley surrounded by forest. Spotted them just ones - unfortunately flew away quickly.
I have not time to take my own of the white storks - driving/working.

When on a hike/long trip I use Sony Nex 3N - very satisfied with the quality. Compact ones, lightweight. Their successors like alpha 6000 so on are even better. Worth every penny for shore.

Post some snakes, please
Dendroaspis Polylepis???
Good evening Hristo, the only photos I have are of the Puff Adder. I know some of the members of this club are phobic of snakes, so I won't be posting any up on the forum. I can send you a pm with the photos if you want to them. I spend some time in South Africa on the family farm, a vineyard and seeing snakes on the farm is not uncommon. I hate snakes to be honest, but studying and seeing them gives me some protection. We get them here on our small holding, in the meadow and in the forest. They tend to come out at night or when the light is fading. The ones we have are the King Cobra, Python, harmless Brown snakes, Puff Adder and the Black Mamba. The Cobras like the stream and the meadow. They have been known to bite a grazing cow now and again.

I had a Cobra drop onto my lap from above. I kept perfectly still and summoned some help. A cold feeling came over me......It proceeded to slide behind me. When help came with.....a forked stick and a sack. I said "everyone ready"

I counted 1-2-3....jumped up... Hey! no Cobra

It had carried on its journey and no harm was done Something like that happening is fairly rare. The trick is not to panic

Sony make lovely cameras, I nearly bought one last year but the price was out of my range. Rocket has a wonderful camera, top of the range

You are right about the Storks not being easy to photograph. I find Swallows are super fast., also difficult to snap. I suspect they are on their way back to Europe for the warmer weather, or already there. Amazingly, the temp in Nairobi has dropped in the past month by 10C and when that happens, Europe starts to warm up
Old 20th March 2018, 20:11   #66
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

What a majestic beast he looks Phil,the first one shows him to proudly hold the title King of the Jungle.

John.
Old 21st March 2018, 14:14   #67
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Southern White Rhino We spotted these very rare Rhinos grazing on the shores of Lake Nakuru in Kenya, 18 March 2010. The Mother was killed by 2 poachers in March 2014. Armed rangers engaged them in a gun battle at 11pm, before the horns were cut off

18 March 2010 Southern White Rhino by philip Gate Keeper, on Flickr

Mother and Calf
Mother and Calf Southern White Rino Grazing by philip Gate Keeper, on Flickr
Old 21st March 2018, 15:02   #68
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Southern White Rhino We spotted these very rare Rhinos grazing on the shores of Lake Nakuru in Kenya, 18 March 2010. The Mother was killed by 2 poachers in March 2014. Armed rangers engaged them in a gun battle at 11pm, before the horns were cut off

18 March 2010 Southern White Rhino by philip Gate Keeper, on Flickr

Mother and Calf
Mother and Calf Southern White Rino Grazing by philip Gate Keeper, on Flickr
Sad but true - the World goes Blackened.
... And Justice for All is the only solution, but in doubt...

The only things I hate are the poachers and the politics, the last ones are also poachers At last over here.
This is the real naked World The life goes on - evolution, natural selection. Sometimes I share Agent Smith`s words that we are viruses, but I`m an irrepressible optimist - in the border with the idealism. This helps me a lot to surviveve in the modern World.

Any way - beautiful photos again - what kind of rhinos are these - white or black?
I hope that they are not Northern White Rhino - it would be very sad, really...
Old 21st March 2018, 15:20   #69
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

I will have a look for the snake photos Hristo tomorrow and message them over to you. On the odd occasion, they come into the house when we leave the doors open. At night you have to check the bed before getting into it and check the shoes and under the toilet seat, for Scorpions and poisonous spiders.

I had a Scorpion on my pillow (photo), flicked it onto the floor and killed it.

The Rhinos in the photos are “Southern White Rhinos” and originated from South Africa. Poaching in Kenya is a serious offence and poachers are often shot dead

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 21st March 2018 at 15:24..
Old 21st March 2018, 17:12   #70
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Post up some pictures of a spider Phil, everyone love's spiders, except a certain Flyer that is

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote