Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th December 2010, 17:21   #31
WIDE LOAD
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi, MGF 1.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjudo View Post
Mine is without doubt the worst front wheel drive car I have ever owned in the snow, I love her to bits but she is rubbish.
Here here, nice to see someone without rose coloured glasses. Mine is the pits. I've had it all Today "my cruise was set on 85 all the way here" and "we sat at 70-75ish" I sat at 40 and have never felt more like I was going to die on a motorway than I felt today. Next November it's going on SORN, I'm buying a Range Rover for Winter.
WIDE LOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 18:41   #32
mantianak
I really should get out more.......

ZT 190+ Saloon

I had my tracking sorted out the other day and it feels totally different now. Can feel the grip better.
mantianak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 18:48   #33
philjudo
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 CDTI Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDE LOAD View Post
Here here, nice to see someone without rose coloured glasses. Mine is the pits. I've had it all Today "my cruise was set on 85 all the way here" and "we sat at 70-75ish" I sat at 40 and have never felt more like I was going to die on a motorway than I felt today. Next November it's going on SORN, I'm buying a Range Rover for Winter.
That's part of the reason I'm looking for a 4WD because,I've looked at the nissan X trail but it's got a Renault Megane engine, Why not nissan? Land / Range Rover, My brother in law works at Solihull and some of the I dont care about the quality comments, Not from him but his co workers, He complained to his line manager about lack of quality control but that just brought threats and the other workers not speaking to him. So they are out, The only one I can see that appears to tick the boxes for my needs is the Honda CR-V Diesel.

My grandaughters Micra is brilliant in snow but I dont think i'd like to be in it in a heavy shunt.
Old 19th December 2010, 18:51   #34
philjudo
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantianak View Post
I had my tracking sorted out the other day and it feels totally different now. Can feel the grip better.
How does that work?, At most its only a few degrees out so I cant see any extra grip getting to the wheels.
Old 19th December 2010, 18:53   #35
mantianak
I really should get out more.......

ZT 190+ Saloon

It was very far out. Probably not gripping any better but I can just feel the road more now... so feel like it gripping (if that makes sense).
mantianak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 19:04   #36
philjudo
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantianak View Post
It was very far out. Probably not gripping any better but I can just feel the road more now... so feel like it gripping (if that makes sense).
Mine just doesnt grip, It has no concept of gripping.
Old 19th December 2010, 19:16   #37
philjudo
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDE LOAD View Post
Out of interest what wheel and tyres are on yours, Mine is now on Hairpins 225/45/18 Khumos with near enough full tread only done about 1500 miles on them, Be interesting to see the alleged good and bad re wheels and tyres.
Old 19th December 2010, 23:26   #38
kissifer1972
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Conn Tourer & Rover 75 CDT Conn SE Saloon

Have Nexens on mine - with about 5k miles on them. They are appalling. Are 215's on Unions.

My last 75 had Goodyear NCT5's on 15's, it never let me down in the snow.

I still have a set of scruffy Crown's in the garage so am thinking of putting some winter tyres on them.
Genuine Rover Xenons - now removed and sold
Kenlowe fan
Synergy 2
EGR Bypass
kissifer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 23:29   #39
kissifer1972
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Conn Tourer & Rover 75 CDT Conn SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjudo View Post
That's part of the reason I'm looking for a 4WD because,I've looked at the nissan X trail but it's got a Renault Megane engine, Why not nissan? Land / Range Rover, My brother in law works at Solihull and some of the I dont care about the quality comments, Not from him but his co workers, He complained to his line manager about lack of quality control but that just brought threats and the other workers not speaking to him. So they are out, The only one I can see that appears to tick the boxes for my needs is the Honda CR-V Diesel.

My grandaughters Micra is brilliant in snow but I dont think i'd like to be in it in a heavy shunt.
You need to have a read of the forums regarding the clutch on the 2.2 diesel Hondas.

I recently got shut of my Civic Diesel. Clutch used to slip in cold weather, Honda refused to sort it under warranty, despite the clutch being a known fault on all cars fitted with the 2.2. Also it's a £600 fix.

Still want a CRV??

Honda build quality is certainly not what I thought it was.
Genuine Rover Xenons - now removed and sold
Kenlowe fan
Synergy 2
EGR Bypass
kissifer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 23:50   #40
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

We are getting nailed with snow for a second time, about 5 inches & snowing heavily again as I write this. What scares me most about driving in these conditions is what I've started seeing recently, people who seem to think "I've got a four wheel drive so the snow doesn't affect me!" . . . . err no! All a four wheel drive means is you're less likely to get stuck in the snow, it doesn't mean you're not going to skid. Had one earlier taking my wife to work, Edinburgh bypass, inside lane passable, outside lane extremely dodgy, idiot in a 4 x 4 flying up the outside lane passing everything.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 19th December 2010 at 23:55..
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote