Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th March 2018, 17:02   #1
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Default Back to Ownership

Been without a 75 for about a year now after selling the lovely old Dorchester/Aurbegine V6. Been looking around for a suitable V6 or diesel for a little while as I was missing the charm of driving a 75.

Anyway after a failed purchase on a couple of facelift light blue V6 saloons I spotted this on Facebook. Nice colour I thought, not the usual fair.

Its a 2004 Conn SE Auto CDTi with only 87k on the clock. It's got yearly invoice receipts from an old school village garage going back about 10 years which I assume has been the second owner with the last one this time last year.

A few issues to deal, first being that the central locking does not open the drivers door or the rears but the key unlocks the drivers and passengers so some working door actuators are on the shopping list.

Interior leather looks OK but needs a good clean. IPK seems to be unlined which is unusual for this old a 75.

Externally there are more opportunities to spend my hard earned mullah. I see some paintwork has been invoiced for rear passenger door and wing, I assume a scratch or dent and the chrome trim at the bottom of the rear door doesn't seem to sit right so I assume some sill work has been done. I also have an dent on the driver side rear wing that will hopefully be able to be removed by a dent man and a scuff on the rear bumper. Paint work is a bit dull in some parts.

The recent MOT mentioned slight corrosion on sills but running my hand over them I feel no roughness due to rust but I'll need to get it up on a lift to see whats what.

So its due an Oil service and I'll get the coolant and brake fluid changed as well as the PCV filter swap and see how it drives.

I would have preferred to pay about £300 less than what I paid for it as it ended up costing about £1000 including delivery but its a rare colour so I bit the bullet.

Last edited by STUBIE; 28th March 2018 at 20:08..
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote