Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th December 2023, 18:16   #1
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default So That Was Christmas !

I realize that for some it can have mixed emotions, so I hope that everybody enjoyed it. For those unable to dance around the Christmas tree, I hope you had some cheer?

Lucky me went to my daughter's in the Forest of Dean, staying with her and her partner. Christmas Day we were at my daughter's Mums, ( my ex-wife, and we get on okay) joined by the S-i-L's Dad. He had lost his wife earlier this year so for several, there were very mixed emotions. It was a pleasant day all round.

Boxing Day with my daughter and partner, to his Dad's where again we had a very pleasant day.

Yesterday, with my daughter, we aimed at getting to a favourite outfitters of mine in Wotton Under Edge. Doh, I should have checked before we made the trip as they were closed, still we were able to test the waterproofing on our clothes.

This morning, having eliminated most of the circuitry with no luck in fixing my failed car horn, my SiL found the faulty wire behind the horns and fixed it.

Just back home and off the days of rich food, pizza in the oven.

Best Wishes to All.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2023, 21:57   #2
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default And

Best wishes to you Fred, I spent this morning in hospital in france having surgery for detached retina. , so joining an exclusive club with Gate keeper. Flying Banana, Peter Baker, et al, all spending time as away as brg did last Christmas. All I can say is I am extremely grateful it happened here where the public hospitals are extremely clean, efficient, and even s
serve great coffee. All done In 2 hrshad same thing occur 2 years ago waited 5 hrs in nhs a and e in the most appalling
conditions, worse than 3rd world's countries, only to be told no one on duty for eyes.
Old 29th December 2023, 06:26   #3
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Black View Post
Best wishes to you Fred, I spent this morning in hospital in france having surgery for detached retina. , so joining an exclusive club with Gate keeper. Flying Banana, Peter Baker, et al, all spending time as away as brg did last Christmas. All I can say is I am extremely grateful it happened here where the public hospitals are extremely clean, efficient, and even s
serve great coffee. All done In 2 hrshad same thing occur 2 years ago waited 5 hrs in nhs a and e in the most appalling
conditions, worse than 3rd world's countries, only to be told no one on duty for eyes.
That's good news Jenny, I do hope that your recovery is good and comfortable.

That's a sad reflection on our Health Service.
Old 29th December 2023, 07:56   #4
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Perhaps we should start up a club. Get well soon Jennifer.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2023, 08:14   #5
BRG75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer, 9th & 10th Rovers

Very sorry to read this Jennifer, but glad you were attended to so promptly.

Best wishes for your recovery, and hope this hasn't spoiled your Christmas / New Year break too much.

Jan sends her best wishes as well

Mike & Jan
BRG75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2023, 16:30   #6
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

Hoping for a quick and comfortable recovery for you Jennifer. Made my eyes water thinking about it!
My wife tested Covid positive on Xmas Eve and has been totally washed out since. All kids / grandkids festive visits and travels cancelled 😭
Heard of quite a few cases over the past week or so. Not surprisingly I tested positive Boxing Day but just a bad cold feeling for me.
Happy Xmas and all the best Roving for 2024 all!
John

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2023, 16:50   #7
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grout20 View Post
Hoping for a quick and comfortable recovery for you Jennifer. Made my eyes water thinking about it!
My wife tested Covid positive on Xmas Eve and has been totally washed out since. All kids / grandkids festive visits and travels cancelled 😭
Heard of quite a few cases over the past week or so. Not surprisingly I tested positive Boxing Day but just a bad cold feeling for me.
Happy Xmas and all the best Roving for 2024 all!
John
Sorry to hear of the ills John, I hope you all get over it soon,
Fred (planenut)
Old 30th December 2023, 17:55   #8
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default The club

Just spent 2 days attending public hospital in france. Each time the experience was so completely different to here. Everyone is so polite and efficient. Cafe serves real coffee and very good food. The doctors are just amazing and so is the equipment. They called in 2 consultants to both examine my eye and agree before proceeding with the treatment. It really is another world away from nhs hospitals. I couldn't believe how quickly I got attention, I had the same thing occur 2 years ago with my other eye and the miserable, horrible experience of our public hospitals really makes you wonder.
Old 30th December 2023, 18:30   #9
BRG75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer, 9th & 10th Rovers

A (clearly appreciated) consolation then, for your unfortunate eye problem.

Delighted to read that you were in good hands, and best wishes for a full recovery.

Do you know Auld Lang Syne (without checking the spelling) in French?

Happy New Year

Mike and Jan
BRG75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2023, 21:19   #10
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Just seen this Jennifer. That is great news you received excellent treatment and your sight has been saved, a huge relief for you. Please take care with your recovery and healing.

Wishing you a Happy New Year

Philip and Jessica x
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote