Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th March 2010, 19:16   #1
Cymrudragon
I really should get out more.......

MGZTT2.5 V6 190+ SE 2002

Default Forced of the road by the police

To cut a long story, unmarked police car with NO siren travelling in the other direction on a blind bend in the middle of the road at around 60/70 mph, i had to swerve to miss him, hit curb and wrecked both alloys What can you say, if i was closer to the blind bend where the on coming traffic had stoped (asthey seen him in the mirror ) he would have hit me fact. but do i complain ? probibly not as will they do anything about it ?
Cymrudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 19:32   #2
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

If you have a reg plate then yes, of course you complain...
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 19:35   #3
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Dangerous driving is an offence, so report it..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 19:36   #4
rrobson

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymrudragon View Post
To cut a long story, unmarked police car with NO siren travelling in the other direction on a blind bend in the middle of the road at around 60/70 mph, i had to swerve to miss him, hit curb and wrecked both alloys What can you say, if i was closer to the blind bend where the on coming traffic had stoped (asthey seen him in the mirror ) he would have hit me fact. but do i complain ? probibly not as will they do anything about it ?
if you can both prove it was an unmarked car ie reg, time, day etc and have a number of witnesses that can also prove thats what happened, then why not. as you say, nothing will probably come of it though...
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 19:40   #5
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

How do you know it was the plod if the car was unmarked
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 20:14   #6
Cymrudragon

MGZTT2.5 V6 190+ SE 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
How do you know it was the plod if the car was unmarked
All i seen was 2 blue flashing lights in the grill of a red vectra and there was a Traffic cop in a layby, 100 yards up the rd on the left of me tucked up the butt of a van pointing in the same direction as me,......so i dont know what to think really, i was at that time leaving the local tip, throwing some rubbish away as i was pulling out a van passed, guy on the phone ? so,.. it was in the same direction as the cop car but 10 seconds befoure he came around the corner
Cymrudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 21:00   #7
Nelspeth
Regular poster

MG ZT190+

Ahh...good ole' Plod!! up-holding the law and all that. If you have evidence then file a complaint and prosecute, the Police get away with this too often.
My Ex mrs was a copper and i saw how much of a corrupt organisation it is. In most cases having a badge seams to make it ok to break the law they are supposed to uphold.
No doubt if you do prosecute they will turn it around on you!!!

Sorry for the rant but it is one of the many reasons this once great country is in such a sorry state..

Paul..
Nelspeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 21:16   #8
BlackMagic
Loves to post

Used to have: MG ZT 190 SE+

This should be reported - they will be able to check their logs for the location of the vehicle and whether it was on call. It seems incredibly stupid on their part if they have been involved in a pursuit and did not have their sirens on particularly given your description of the roads / traffic involved.

Just because the Police carry a 'badge' it is not a justification for reckless driving on their part. Any pursuit / emergency call has to risk assessed. You MUST report this.
BlackMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 22:08   #9
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymrudragon View Post
All i seen was 2 blue flashing lights in the grill of a red vectra and there was a Traffic cop in a layby, 100 yards up the rd on the left of me tucked up the butt of a van pointing in the same direction as me,......so i dont know what to think really, i was at that time leaving the local tip, throwing some rubbish away as i was pulling out a van passed, guy on the phone ? so,.. it was in the same direction as the cop car but 10 seconds befoure he came around the corner

report it ,they will have to pay for the damage .one copper in car must of seen what happened .. my mate got cut up and did his wing in and reported it ,,time it was day it was and road it was .. plod has to use two`s and blue .especially on a blind bend going at speed .....
Old 17th March 2010, 05:59   #10
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

So it wasn´t completely blank. They should have had them blinking and a siren, doubt if it would have helped you much as you´d just turned out of the tip and on a bend. Could be any number of reasons why they didn´t have any -warnings- on. Doesn´t automatically mean that they are a bungh of rougues. Could of been a rooky or someone hadn´t checked the cars -plenums-

Write them a letter giving the circumstances. I would expect them to put it right. There are good and bad in all professions, There are some right weiners who call themselves doctors. On the whole I think they are a long suffering lot who I admire greatly. I could never do it. Got too firery temprement and a right hook that always seemed to work okay (mellowed with age now thank God). My brother was a plod for nearly 30 years (poor NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-). I think it is the one single reason that he has to sit in a little el buggy if they go to the shops. Has to go and lie down after about 10 mins telly with a spinning head. A more honest, amiable ex-guardsman there has never been. Too honest for his own good. The police are people just like the rest of us (and we are a right shower from time to time - no comments Spencer)
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote