Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd January 2021, 18:51   #1
daveb57
Loves to post

Mercedes Benz E 350 Coupe Peugeot 407 SW 1.9 HDI

Default car related, in a way!!!!

Hi all,

With all that is going on in the UK at the moment, and the bulk of the country in Tier 4, the government remind us of the following;

When can you leave your home?
If you live in Tier 4 you must not leave or be outside of your home or garden except where you have a ‘reasonable excuse’.

Can anybody enlighten me as to how blocking the main road, queuing to get a drive through McDonalds conforms to the above?

Around where i live and work, and yes, i do have to leave my home and garden to work as it is impossible to drive a bus from my front room!!, there has been more folk out and about since tier 4 was announced than before. It appears that a lot of folk do not give a monkeys about complying with what is required of us.

Or is it just me?????

Dave
daveb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2021, 18:55   #2
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

No, it’s not just you there seems to be more people out and about than previously.

Perhaps it’s all the people who keep claiming it’s all a government hoax anyway !!!!!
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:07   #3
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

The problem is that there are to many people who either are to thick to believe that they can not get it, mostly the teenagers to forty age group from my observations. I have a nephew who believes it’s all a load of codswallop. Refuses to wear a mask when entering shops. But I blame shop keepers, Asda,Tesco,Aldi, and the like for not stopping them entering their premises if they are not wearing a mask, or like I do, a visor. No excuse not to wear a visor. I have lung damage from when I had TB in 1974. If I wear a mask and do any walking I have difficulty breathing (I get short of breath). This virus is actually showing who are those that really care about others, or don’t give a fig for anyone but themselves. Perhaps it would serve those people right to have it it, then they would probably learn a lesson in caring for others rather than themselves.
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:10   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Unfortunately the shops can't enforce mask wearing, the staff have enough to do without having to police the wearing of masks, can you imagine the confrontations the staff would have dealing with the unwilling?
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:22   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb57 View Post
Hi all,

With all that is going on in the UK at the moment, and the bulk of the country in Tier 4, the government remind us of the following;

When can you leave your home?
If you live in Tier 4 you must not leave or be outside of your home or garden except where you have a ‘reasonable excuse’.

Can anybody enlighten me as to how blocking the main road, queuing to get a drive through McDonalds conforms to the above?

Around where i live and work, and yes, i do have to leave my home and garden to work as it is impossible to drive a bus from my front room!!, there has been more folk out and about since tier 4 was announced than before. It appears that a lot of folk do not give a monkeys about complying with what is required of us.

Or is it just me?????

Dave
people have to eat
less risk of catching an infection compared to walking around a super market

I too have seen Mac Donald's drive thru with a long queue only last week,
is it really that good?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:43   #6
daveb57
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Unfortunately the shops can't enforce mask wearing, the staff have enough to do without having to police the wearing of masks, can you imagine the confrontations the staff would have dealing with the unwilling?
Likewise, as said, i drive a bus.

At the onset, we were told by management to ask passengers when boarding, if not wearing a face covering, if they had one with them. If not, could they remember to carry one with them the next time they travelled. Some complied, but a lot didn't. That then causes problems for us drivers. Passengers wearing a covering then challenge you to ask why you let people on the bus without a covering. Damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario, not all disabilities are visible.

That said, there a lot of people who will not comply because they can get away with it. The government has not helped by letting anybody go to their website and print off, in colour or black and white, a variety of excuses for not wearing a face covering. The local Tesco was giving away wholesale the invisible disability daisy chain lanyards and cards, and of course copies of these can be purchased from eBay of course for a nominal fee!!! I have been personally told in no uncertain terms that i have no right to challenge them to ask them to wear a covering and i recall in the early days in France, a bus driver there was beaten to death by yobs when he challenged them. The job is not worth it.

In my personal; opinion, there should be no exceptions anywhere, at this point in time, as things are the way they are, face coverings should be mandatory anywhere outside of the home.

I could go on, i won't. I'll just leave you with this one. Pulling up to a bus stop on one of our 'not so savory' routes, there was a guy pulling on a cigarette for all it was worth. Stopped, opened the door, he got on, after flicking what was left in front of the bus. Tapped on with a disability pass, no mask. Asked if he had one, cough, cough, cough, i have asthma mate, i'm exempt!!!!!!

Yeah ok!!

Dave.
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:51   #7
daveb57
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
people have to eat
less risk of catching an infection compared to walking around a super market

I too have seen Mac Donald's drive thru with a long queue only last week,
is it really that good?

macafee2
Quite agree that you have to eat, but a walk round a supermarket, will get you a weeks worth of shopping, not just a junk food fix.

My point to the post was folk not wanting to comply with what, quite frankly a very dire situation at present, with what we are being asked to do.

Is a drive through essential retail?, i think not.

Last edited by daveb57; 2nd January 2021 at 20:56..
Old 2nd January 2021, 21:11   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb57 View Post
Quite agree that you have to eat, but a walk round a supermarket, will get you a weeks worth of shopping, not just a junk food fix.

My point to the post was folk not wanting to comply with what, quite frankly a very dire situation at present, with what we are being asked to do.

Is a drive through essential retail?, i think not.
I was joking
Bread (bun), meat (burger), salad and potato (frees), they can get the lot at MD

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2021, 21:16   #9
daveb57
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I was joking

macafee2
Sorry, bit of a sensitive issue this with me , having to deal with it day in, day out, ref my post, 2 above!!!

And yes, i am quite partial to a Big Mac, but won't que for one!!!!!!!

Dave.
Old 2nd January 2021, 23:01   #10
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
During the last lockdown whilst entering a supermarket the security guard tried to stop 3 thirty somethings with no masks from entering.
They all produced the sunflower lanyards saying that they were exempt as they had asthma.

The three of them were all built like brick outhouses and were still wearing their gym wear from the gym across the road.

No one I know with asthma is built like that, but as said in am earlier post they were giving out the sunflower lanyards in the local shopping precinct to anyone that asked for one.

I am beginning to think that the British public really deserve everything they get.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote