Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th September 2016, 07:44   #271
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
The cheapest GPS 7021G model so far... £46.78 HERE...
I ordered two I couldn't resist at this price, lets just see if a GPS model does actually turn up.

There seems to be a common pattern where sellers list at low price for first few days, and then increase the price to the usual £65 ish.
And that is just what has happened the listing has been revised. Now £65..39..
Old 24th September 2016, 08:50   #272
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

GPS still available for under £60.00 here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351804488278

The android version for sub £100 here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351812703790
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 11:19   #273
Mothman
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi90 View Post
Anyone else having issues with the time on these units?

Must have set the time 20 times but go back to the car and its incorrect power leads are the correct way round as it carries on playing tracks in the same place and keeps the radio stations.
Same problem here with my 7021G model
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 12:23   #274
fega72
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

My 7021g unit won't charge my iPhone and not even recognise it. But it is happy to charge my TomTom sat nav (and the TomTom recognise the unit as a computer...)
fega72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 22:20   #275
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi90 View Post
Anyone else having issues with the time on these units?

Must have set the time 20 times but go back to the car and its incorrect power leads are the correct way round as it carries on playing tracks in the same place and keeps the radio stations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
Same problem here with my 7021G model
I suppose all radio stations and other settings are being saved, cant go wrong with plug and play regarding the ISO lead. The system clock may have a bug in the firmware, or unless for some strange reason the clock runs of an internal button cell battery which is flat.

What does the GPS clock say? that is set via the GPS signal?
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 14:07   #276
Mothman
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Club SE

GPS clock on my unit shows the correct time, not sure if it picks up the time from the satellite? I unplugged my unit yesterday and removed it to add some brackets (taped it in before) and when i plugged it back in the radio stations where still saved and it started playing music off the SD card from the place where it was last switched off, only the SW controls needed resetting

Also for the last few days I have been running the iGO8 navigation software from my old Radioguy WinCE unit and whilst it still mutes the music when giving voice instructions, there is no problem with missing or clipped instructions and so I assume the problem must be with how iGO Primo interacts with these units. Have found posts on the interweb of other people having experienced a similar problem and so probably not confined to these units.

It is noticeable how much better the resolution of the screen on my 7021g unit is compared to my old WinCE unit, however I do have a problem that when I turn my headlights on the screen brightness dims considerably. This is a problem when you put your headlights on in daylight as it makes the screen much harder to see. Can anyone with a 7021g unit confirm if their unit does the same?

Last edited by Mothman; 25th September 2016 at 14:10..
Mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 18:35   #277
shasbat3
Gets stuck in

Jaguar S type.

Well I'm still undecided on these. I have a post up in items wanted for a used win ce unit. But these are looking tempting.
What to do?????
shasbat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 18:52   #278
Blankers
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasbat3 View Post
Well I'm still undecided on these. I have a post up in items wanted for a used win ce unit. But these are looking tempting.
What to do?????
I'm jinxed with double din units. Bought a wince unit of ebay and it was faulty, so got a refund and bought one of these units. Everything works fine on this one .......except............NO SOUND ! Damn. Now waiting for the seller to reply to my return request.

Anyway, having compared the wince unit and this unit, I find that once you have trimmed the facia and installed this unit, it is far better than the wince unit in, display, operating system, it just seems to work better. That's my opinion anyway.
Just need to get one that has sound..................................

edit: I forgot to add......Also, it's far, far cheaper.
Blankers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 19:31   #279
shasbat3
Gets stuck in

Jaguar S type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankers View Post
I'm jinxed with double din units. Bought a wince unit of ebay and it was faulty, so got a refund and bought one of these units. Everything works fine on this one .......except............NO SOUND ! Damn. Now waiting for the seller to reply to my return request.

Anyway, having compared the wince unit and this unit, I find that once you have trimmed the facia and installed this unit, it is far better than the wince unit in, display, operating system, it just seems to work better. That's my opinion anyway.
Just need to get one that has sound..................................

edit: I forgot to add......Also, it's far, far cheaper.
Thanks for that Blankers. I guess I should just bite the bullet and go for it then.
I currently have a symphony unit with lowline satnav, but I think it's time I upgraded to the 21st century.
Alan.
shasbat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 20:09   #280
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
GPS clock on my unit shows the correct time, not sure if it picks up the time from the satellite? I unplugged my unit yesterday and removed it to add some brackets (taped it in before) and when i plugged it back in the radio stations where still saved and it started playing music off the SD card from the place where it was last switched off, only the SW controls needed resetting

Also for the last few days I have been running the iGO8 navigation software from my old Radioguy WinCE unit and whilst it still mutes the music when giving voice instructions, there is no problem with missing or clipped instructions and so I assume the problem must be with how iGO Primo interacts with these units. Have found posts on the interweb of other people having experienced a similar problem and so probably not confined to these units.

It is noticeable how much better the resolution of the screen on my 7021g unit is compared to my old WinCE unit, however I do have a problem that when I turn my headlights on the screen brightness dims considerably. This is a problem when you put your headlights on in daylight as it makes the screen much harder to see. Can anyone with a 7021g unit confirm if their unit does the same?
My gps also shows the incorrect time and doesnt match the h/unit time so thats a wee bit odd.
I've just turned all sound off on iGo to bypass the sound issue. Not ideal, but does the job.
Re the unit dimming when you turn the lights on, its supposed to do that. If you want to disable it just snip and insulate the wire on the loom.