Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th July 2008, 21:13   #61
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterchick View Post
A gorgeous greyish short haired tomcat, about 5 years old, and just lovely! I've got bloomin mice, had them before and no doubt will gte them again. The whole area seems to suffer, old houses in a suburb surrounded by countryside, prime location for mice.

So anyway, I thought enough is enough, a cat is required. So we went to a cat rescue place last night and found him, don't know how long he'd been stray but he's in good condition and a good weight so more than likely someone is missing him, awww, but he don't care. He's spent most of his time in my son's bedroom only really coming down to eat and use his litter tray. He's a bit suspicious of the dog but there's been no fur flying and nothing vicious, so far! I'm really proud of her, she's behaved very well, I think she wants to play with him, but, well, he's a cat. You ca tell he's thinking 'nice place, quite happy here........apart from that stupid dog'.

Anyway, he's not the best looking but it was temperament I was more concerned about and he's been great with Lewis and as I said he tolerates the dog. And it's only been 24 hours so I guess with time they'll become friends.

We've named him Bing, after Bing Crosby. My Dad was Bing's biggest fan, met him 3 times (as did I although I can't remember) and had the biggest collection of Bing records in Britain at one point. I suspect the collection is still the biggest and pristine. He would buy a record, 78, 33 whatever, record it onto tape staright away and the record would be put away never to be played again!

So, Bing the cat. Hope his mice hunting skills are good!
Hi Anna,
I've always had cats going back over forty years now. SWMBO and I had five at one stage! We are now down to one (Rosie). Photo of her at the end of this thread
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=23259
Hope you have fun with her. Post a photo.

I guess with a name like Bing that would be a him...

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 21:15   #62
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Awww she's gorgeous! My hubby wants chickens. However with a dog, now a cat and 2 fish tanks I'm trying to draw the line somwhere!
Old 9th July 2008, 21:17   #63
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Gee whiz those mods are quick! Wouldn't want to sneak some stationary out this office I tell you
Old 9th July 2008, 21:18   #64
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Quote:
Gee whiz those mods are quick! Wouldn't want to sneak some stationary out this office I tell you
Come on, just put that paperclip back where you found it.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 21:19   #65
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Quote:
Awww she's gorgeous! My hubby wants chickens. However with a dog, now a cat and 2 fish tanks I'm trying to draw the line somwhere!
We drew the line after my son got a four foot corn snake, which went missing in the house for three days once. We were never quite sure who was going to eat who!

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 23:07   #66
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

The first cat we had in our family was from a farm. Nasty, vicious, hissing and spitting little beast who grew up into an even nastier piece of work. The mice emigrated within a week of him arriving. Even at just a few weeks old he was catching and eating them. Told you he wasn't nice.

The day he died I was gutted.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 16:50   #67
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
And here you have the perfect vehicle to express you opinions on their actions and how they affect their owners.. Pets that is not wives, that'll have to be another thread.
We are having a Readers Wives Thread ?

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 08:28   #68
tigerchubs
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT+ in Yorkshire Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
The first cat we had in our family was from a farm. Nasty, vicious, hissing and spitting little beast who grew up into an even nastier piece of work. The mice emigrated within a week of him arriving. Even at just a few weeks old he was catching and eating them. Told you he wasn't nice.

The day he died I was gutted.
Sound similar to the last cat we had, except add bad attitude. Ours hated me, it used to sit in the middle of the driveway every day at round 5.30 when I came home from work and look at me as if to say "go on I dare you". If it could I am certain it would have stuck a finger up at me.

Got a little white Staffordshire know and she loves me.
Old 21st July 2008, 16:31   #69
superporky
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon 1.8 petrol.

Our 3 year old springer spaniel has just cost me £100 at the vets `cause she keeps scratching! Seems like she may have picked some mites up when rummaging in the bushes trying to sniff after the foxes! £22 consultation fee, ****** commedians!
Old 31st July 2008, 21:56   #70
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Oscar is nearly 5 months now. He is an absolute loon. I'm not sure what to make of this, however. When I'm upstairs, swmbo downstairs, he's happily cuddled up. I walk down, his head pricks up and his tail starts to twitch. Then he goes mad, running around jumping about. He is quite happy to charge around with me playing, and when we are out for a walk and a bigger dog runs up to him, I'm the first one he'll run to for safety. But if I sit down and call him for a cuddle I get bitten and scratched?? I go away again and he falls asleep. I walk in again and loony dog mode is engaged??!! What am I doing wrong?