Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th March 2018, 06:33   #11
Amsca2
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T cdti

I've spent about 500 on mine this year but the wife's boring wee pug 308 costs more than double that in finance payments. As tempting as something newer is its false economy. There's a few guys on here do it for a fixed price plus fuel to get to you. If you get it done then you'd be daft not to have whole clutch done since they're in there anyway and if so I'd go for a Borg and beck brand. Lighter pedal than the lux brand. Transmech is so cheap and nasty it doesn't even fit properly.
Old 15th March 2018, 19:36   #12
dhr90

Rover 75 Tourer

Granted something newer may still have problems, but I'm looking at the year or two old area, still with manufacturer warranty. I just have no faith that I can get in my car and drive 30 miles without worrying, never mind the 200 mile trips I want to go on this year. But it is a very comfy car, ho hum.

Does anyone know who might be willing to help me fix it in return for fuel money and endless cups of tea and biscuits? Would be interested in what the cost may be before I fully decide what to do.

Thanks all.
dhr90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2018, 20:56   #13
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Sorry I doubt you would have any one do a job like that for endless cups off tea!!!
but there are many people on here to do it for a fair price and properly !!
Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2018, 21:07   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhr90 View Post
Granted something newer may still have problems, but I'm looking at the year or two old area, still with manufacturer warranty. I just have no faith that I can get in my car and drive 30 miles without worrying, never mind the 200 mile trips I want to go on this year. But it is a very comfy car, ho hum.

Does anyone know who might be willing to help me fix it in return for fuel money and endless cups of tea and biscuits? Would be interested in what the cost may be before I fully decide what to do.

Thanks all.
If the car is in good condition generally then as others have said it's worth doing.

Shop around. I have seen quotes of £450 so you might find one of those.

By the way. With Rover slave cylinders its life is quite closely connected to how you use it. If you are the sort that keeps the clutch down with the car in gear at the traffic lights etc then you will shorten its life.

This will heat up all the internal bits and it will soon start to leak.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote